1

PLAYFUL KISS {A kinda twist}
Oh Ha Ni

I sit down inside my room, contemplating the day's events. When Seung jo had come to the library earlier and found Joon gu and Gi tae sunbae fighting over me, I thought then when he dragged me out that he had finally realised my worth but instead he had heaped the blame on mother and me.

Coming to think of it I have been wasting four years of my life pining for a man who do not care a little bit about me. He always find a way to underrate me and make me ashamed of myself.

I am trying to figure a way on how to go about with my life. I know Joon Gu and I can't be more than friends, no matter how he push. I just hope he realises that before it is too late. I am experiencing how unfortunate an unrequited love is and I don't want him to be as miserable as me.

I am still amazed by Gi tae's confession and I find myself thinking about it over and over again. That witch Yoon Hae ra is now glued to Seung jo and he doesn't seem to mind. They are practically a couple now and people seem to think they suit each other.

I stand up and sit down at the dresser looking at my reflection in the mirror. I might not be super model beautiful but I am still beautiful in my own unique way.

Baek Seung jo can go to hell and back and I won't give a damn. I am so done with him and the torment he has been making me go through. I know I have said that many times, so much that my friends don't believe in it anymore but I am determined now. Baek seung jo will be a thing of the past.

I will forget him, erase any traces of my feelings for him and start my life afresh.

* * *

"Bwo!!!" Joo ri and Min ah screamed as they stare at me with eyes wide as saucers. "Jinja?" Aish when will these girls stop talking in chorus.

"Yes. I am deadly serious about this." I say with giddy excitement.

"Are you being serious about this? I know you have make decisions like this before but nothing comes out of them. Seung jo only have to snap his fingers and you will go running to him." Min ah say thoughtfully.

"I am positive about this Min ah." I said confidently.

"So you are over Seung jo now?" Joo ri put in.

I nod. It's been a week I have made my decision concerning Seung jo and my friends are surprised. I am surprised myself but so far so good I have not been circling round Seung jo like a puppy anymore. I haven't been to the restaurant where he works with the witchy Yoon Hae ra and I have not been seeing him in school.

"I have a date with Gi tae sunbae." Gi tae has been calling me the past few weeks and he have been coming to the house once in a while. Mother isn't particularly happy about it but she hasn't been saying anything. Even the bratty Eun jo have been giving me curious looks nowadays.

"Where are you going to?" Joo ri and Min ah ask in a chorus.

I shrug. "I don't know yet. He said it is a secret." I say with a giggle. I can't believe I am the same clumsy Oh Ha Ni.

We sit sown quietly at the table in silence for a couple minutes before Joo ri talk. "What of Bong Joon Gu?" she ask quietly.

I sigh. As much as I like Bong Joon gu I can't envision a future with him as a partner. Joon gu is a good guy and I know he would make a perfect guy for a woman who would cherish him and love him the way he deserved. "What of Bong Joon Gu?" I ask casually.

Min ah pull her food to the side and I look at her curiously. "What is it?" I ask. This is my treat and I bring us all to a favourite restaurant of ours.

"I think you should talk to him, he deserves that at least." Min ah said.

I simply nod. I will find a way to tell him. I smile at the girls as we continue eating.

* * *

By 7pm I am all dressed up and looking frantically at the wallclock downstairs. Mother is looking at me with a sullen expression while Eun jo looks pissed off. I really don't care about the bratty Eun jo's expressions, that boy knows nothing than to tease me endlessly and mercilessly. I feel guilty about Mother though but she thinks maybe Seung jo will come around but I really am not thinking about it nor expecting it.

Once the doorbell rings, I jump up and run for the door with a cheery 'goodbye' to Mother and a scowl to Eun jo.

I smile up at Gi tae as he hold out a helmet for me. Gingerly I climb his bike and we speed off. "Where are we going?" I ask with a shout.

Gi tae look back over his shoulder with a smile. He didn't reply and I did not ask anymore. I just hold unto his waist as we speed the streets of Seoul.

I am surprised when he stop at Seung jo's workplace then I realise why he did it. He wants to be sure of my feelings for Seung jo and I am determine that nothing will ruin this night for me, not Seung jo and definitey not Hae ra.