Three

Beast Tamer
Chapter Three
Why am I so afraid of him!
 
T

he classroom was quiet and peaceful. Only the sound of eating and toned down laughter could be heard. Until, Himchan walked into the room, “Ehh! Youngjae! You’re eating here again?” he asked, not to quietly.

 

 

The younger male looked up from his meal and glared, “You gotta problem with that?”

 

 

Himchan shook his head. “Nah.  Its weird cause you haven’t been hanging out with Daehyun lately.”

 

  Snap.

 

Youngjae lost it. “DON’T YOU ING TALK ABOUT THAT TARD IN FRONT OF ME” The hatred radiating off of Youngjae at the moment was so intense you could see it. “Understand!?”

 

 

Himchan blinked in surprise, “Calm down, you two used to be so close. Did something happen?”

 

 

Youngjae glanced around, then leaned in and whispered in his hyung’s ear. “He-- he… kissed me-”

 

 

“HE WHAT?! DAEHYUN KISSED YOU?” Himchan jumped out of his seat and looked down at Youngjae.

 

 

The blonde male glared, “shut it-- You’re too loud” he hissed.

 

 

Himchan sat down, shock still prominent in his eyes, “but but-- you’re the Youngjae..” He shook his head in disbelief. “.. who had an iron defense so tight people called you the Great Wall of China”

 

 

“There was nothing I could do!” Youngjae covered his face, “he’s different from the others, I couldn’t sense any bad intentions”

 

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll go kill him for you!” The raven haired male, nodded confidently. “Although he does look a bit strong…”

 

 

Youngjae rolled his eyes, and cracked a smile. “Don’t become a criminal for me. Idiot.”

 

 

“Wait a sec… “ Youngjae took a drink of water as Himchan spoke.  “when I saw Daehyun yesterday.. I didn’t see any injuries on his face. Did you attack elsewhere?”

 

 

Himchan looked puzzled.

 

 

Youngjae coughed, and spat out the water he just drank, “I--uhh” he refused to look at his raven haired friend.

 

 

“Don’t tell me--” Himchan stood up again and looked into Youngjae’s eyes.  “YOU DIDN’T DO ANYTHING AT ALL!? Even when he did such a terrible thing to you? WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BEST FRIEND, WHO SCREAMED AT A KID TILL HE CRIED. JUST BECAUSE HE BRUSHED PAST YOUR ”

 

 

Youngjae covered his ears, “LALALAALLALALAA” He screamed at the top of his lungs.  It’s because, my mind went blank.

 

 

 

“Don’t touch me!” Youngjae growed and slapped Daehyun’s hand away.

 

Daehyun’s poker face broke, and his eyes fillled with shock and pain.

 

“I-uh” Youngjae ran away.

 

 

After I said that Daehyun’s eyes looked so hurt, and I was the one who caused that. So I couldn’t do anything… and ended up running away like a school girl.

 

 

“Why don’t you just forgive him.” Himchan snapped Youngjae out of his trance. “The old you would have just killed Daehyun the moment he did that… This isn’t like you.”

 

 

Youngjae frowned, “I know!”

 

 

It would be easy to just say “Thats nasty” And cut off all ties with him. But truthfully, it was comfortable be to around him ..

 

 

* * *


 

Youngjae looked at the ground as they walked. Himchan was spewing some random nonsense about fashion. His mind was too preoccupied about Daehyun to even bother listening to his best friend. Not paying attention to his surroundings he bumped into someone. He froze in his spot when he realized who.

 

 

“Ah~ Jae you’re just in time” Zelo said, “Daehyun was looking for you”

 

 

“Youngj--” Daehyun started”

 

 

“I LEFT SOMETHING IN THE STUDENT COUNCIL OFFICE!” Youngjae cut Daehyun off, and dashed off.

 

 

Zelo watched in absolute surprise, “Woah. This is my first time I’ve seen Jae-hyung run off like that”

 

 

“Daehyun, you’re pretty brave to go up against Youngjae like that” Himchan chuckled.

 

 

Daehyun frowned, “He usually comes to me, so I just..” He trailed off.

 

 

Himchan grinned, was love starting to form here?

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

The wind felt nice, breezing through his hair. Youngjae stood on the roof, holding onto the chained fence. The view was up here.

 

 

“Yo Youngjae, you’re skipping too? Let pla--”

 

 

A glare was all that was need to send that poor dude scampering away. As he ran, the guy muttered, “He’s still as scary as alway”

 

 

That’s right. I haven’t changed to a calmer person. So why? I couldn’t have been psychologically damaged by one kiss! I’m the Youngjae who’s scared off countless of erts! So why! Why am I so afraid of him!

 

 

 

***

 


“Youngjae!! Please just let me off the hook!!” Zelo whined and pleaded his friend.

 

 

Youngjae tilted his head, “About what?”

 

 

“You know what! I don’t want to lie to Daehyun anymore!” He grabbed Youngjae, “everytime he stares at me with those eyes and say, ‘I see’ I get an unbearably heavy feeling!”

 

 

“Just shut up and help me!” Youngjae growled.

 

 

“Why are you even hiding from him!”

 

 

The blonde male sputtered, “I-I’m not hiding!”

 

 

Himchan smiled, “Don’t worry he won’t be coming for a bit”

 

 

“huh why?” Youngjae questioned the black haired male.

 

 

“Just a feeling,” Plus he told me, “I probably over did it and spooked him. I’ll wait a while.” But I better not tell Youngjae this.

 

 

“Who knows maybe he’ll give up on you”

 

 

Youngjae looked down, the thought of not talking to Daehyun again hurt his chest.

 

 

Himchan grinned to himself, it looked like Youngjae had feelings for Daehyun after all. “Oh and Daehyun told me to tell you, that three kittens had been born”

 

 

“Three of them?” Youngjae clutched his shirt

 

 

“Yup, he said the mother was willing to let him play now”

 

 

“I want to see them! I bet they’re really cute!!..But-”

 

 

Himchan continued, “There’s a black one, a striped one and a white one!”

 

 

Youngjae’s happy mood disappeared almost suddenly. “You’ve already seen them?”

 

 

“Hmm.. Yeah, with Gukkie-bear yesterday”

 

 

Youngjae frowned.

 

 

“Say.. Youngjae.. by any chance.. have you.. fallen for Daehyun?” Himchan scratched the back of his neck.

 

 

The blonde male, whacked Himchan on the head, “Are you an idiot. Don’t pull me down with you, just because you were infected with this gay fever in our school”

 

 

“Thats true, thats true” Himchan smiled, “But you seem like you’re scared of Daehyun. It’s my

first time seeing you like this.”

 

 

“I’m not scared of him!” Youngjae sulked.

 

 

“Truthfully, before I fell in love with Gukkie, I didn’t know what fear was. But once we started dating, I felt scared. Scared of him. I didn’t know his every action would affect me, my heart was beating in fear everyday. But even though I was scared, I couldn't stay away” Himchan leaned his face in, close to Youngjae’s “Isn’t that what you’re feeling right now?”

 

 

Youngjae snapped, and punched his best friend. “LIKE I SAID, I’M NOT SCARED OF HIM. I can’t stand you!” He stomped off

 

 

“Where are you going??!”

 

 

“TAKING A PISS”

 

 

Himchan smirked, Well then, I wonder how things will develop from here on

 

 

 

 

 
 
Author's Note: LMAO after so long.. I finally post.. I'm sorry for taking so long.. I've haven't been in the mood to write... This is unedited so don't blame me if it makes no sense whatsoever...
What do you think? Is the story moving too fast? I feel like its . Tell m what you think <3
~What now

©