Prolouge

Beast Tamer

Though no one dared to say it outloud, it was a known fact, if you were pretty you got what you wanted.  

But what was the definition of beauty?  

Was it determined by the size of your face?

      How flawless your skin was?

Or was it how your eyes looked.

Maybe it was the shape and size of your body?  

 

No one bothered with things they couldn’t see. It was in the human nature to judge by appearance. Anyone who thought otherwise was clearly lying.

 

In the world of men, if you didn’t eat, you got eaten. If intimidation was a trait that one must have, then Youngjae was born with a natural disadvantage.

Youngjae had always been considered “pretty” in society’s point of view. With longer lashes than most girls, doe eyes and a button nose. He was the definition of  the perfect child to have, but that was just a burden to him….


 

Sneakers pounded on the floor as students ran across the halls, laughter and curse words could be heard anywhere.

 

Youngjae scrunched up his nose in disgust, everywhere he went, it smelt of sweat and other bodily fluids. What did he do in his past life to deserve going to an all boys school. Guys were disgusting, why couldn’t they be more civilized, he sighed.

 

As he walked down the halls his mind wandered off, thinking about what he would do when he finally could get out of this damned high school. A single bump, almost a push even, knocked Youngjae out of his thoughts.

 

The boy who had bumped into grinned at him with his cheeks slightly tinted pink. “Sorry for bumping it you,” He put his arm on Youngjae’s shoulder as an apology. “Did I hurt you?”

 

Youngjae slapped his hand off and pinched his arm. “Don’t look so happy after bumping into someone. ”

 

He glared one last time before turning and stomping away. “Come on lets go Himchan.”

 

The thin raven haired male, followed his dongsaeng, pushing through the crowds of people.“You are as vulgar as ever. Saying with that face”

 

“I don’t want to be told that by you.” Youngjae grumbled. “He bumped into me on purpose, just so he could touch me. Disgusting homos”

 

The hatred was so thick you could almost see a black cloud swirling around Youngjae.

 

Himchan only laughed at his friend’s misery. “Pffft- Being pretty sure is hard huh?”

 

“They just want to use me as a substitute for women.” The young male complained. “You talk as if it doesn’t concern you”  

 

“Well no one has been bothering me lately” Himchan smirked. “Probably because I’m with the student president”

 

Youngjae scoffed “With someone as scary as Yongguk hyung as your boyfriend, no one would want to come near.”

 

“Gukkie bear is adorable. You’re just jealous” Huffed Himchan.

 

“Sure and you’re blind” Youngjae laughed and hurried down the halls to his class before his friend could come up and smack him.

 

Youngjae’s school, Mato academy, was an all-boys school. Being a high school, it was during the time where hormones were raging, gay relationships could be found anywhere. But because of that guys who looked weak found themselves being the targets of other guys.

 

He smiled, thinking to himself, Himchan sure fell in love fast didn’t he? Lost in thought he almost stepped on a white snake just outside his classroom door.

 

“Holy shi-” Youngjae jumped back, in shock letting out a squeal. (If you ask him, he would of said it was quite a manly scream c; )

Once he regained his composure he looked around and made sure no one saw anything. The hall was silent and no one could be seen. He bent down and cooed at the snake. “awww it’s just a little one. I wonder what type it is?-”

 

“Antaresia childreni.” A voice answered Youngjae’s question. It was soft yet strong, there was the slightest hint of an accent. “It’s a python species.” The male spoke again, seeing the confusion on the blonde males face.

 

Youngjae looked up and saw a tall male. The first thing he noticed were his lips, they were large and puffy. He had brown hair and it was swept to the side. The way he seemed to have no emotion on his face scared Youngjae. He didn’t look like a caring type. “Uhh, don’t abuse the snake okay?”

 

He said nothing. The mysterious guy picked up the snake and stared at Youngjae.

 

Youngjae his lips, suddenly feeling dry and hot. The guys eyes seem to pierce into Youngjae’s soul. There felt like a lump was stuck in his throat and his heart rate accelerated.  After what seemed like an eternity, the tall male turned and left without a word.

Youngjae sighed in relief not realizing that he was holding his breath. What was with that guy? His appearance unsettled Youngjae.

 

His stare definitely felt different from others. It wasn’t filled with scorn or lust. It was simply… quiet. Like he was observing me...

 

 

 


AN:/ Hey~ Um sorry for the really short chapter~ Usually my chapters are no where near this short but this is kinda like the proglouge to see your thoughts.... I promise you faster updates and much longer chapters in the future
so what did you think?