Chapter Two

The Final War

 

Updated on : 27th of November, Thursday

 


 

Luhan went through the doors and was completely captivated by the view.  It was just an ordinary field with green grass covering the ground but it was the ones training that had made him amazed. 

Arrows and bullets were flying in the sky and the sound of swords clashing together was heard. Some were playing with fists - dodging and attacking each other as if they were actually opponents. Luhan let out an 'oof' when one of them got kicked in his balls. Yes, oof. 


"Yah." Yena called as Luhan came in to her sight. Luhan turned around and he froze in his state. "Make one move and I'm gonna pull the trigger." She said. And she has no sign of joking on her face. 


"N-n-no. Wa-wait. Let's talk this out." Luhan stuttered as he narrowed his eyes and avoiding from looking into the gun. 


Yena on the other side was already pissed and she really wanted to shoot him in the head. But she can't. "What does talking change anything, amateur? Talking is bull and are you gonna give bull to The Dark? Come one, they'll laugh their heads off and roll on the ground like you're a clown. As much as I want you to be humiliated –  " She paused and shoved the gun into her pocket. “ –I can't 'cause you're one of us." 

Luhan exhaled his breath that he was holding in and thanked God for sparing him some mercy. The rest stopped from what they were doing and gawked at Yena and Luhan. Yena had the chance of shooting him but they knew Yena better. She wouldn't make a stupid, immature action like that. 

Yena's eyes were piercing at Luhan who was already half alive. You can tell that by the look on his face. His face was pale again. 

"Mianhe amateur, but I have to go hard on you." She mumbled. "My sword!" She cried and Sehun was running like a kid across the field and handing over the black coloured sword. Very unique. He gave Luhan a sword too, but just an ordinary one. 


"So what do you know about swords?" She asked and walked in circles. Her left hand was playing with the sword, swaying and ing it into the air. 

Luhan gulped, " I-I d-don't know anything." 


Yena flinched at his honest answer but she shrugged it off. What does she expect from an amateur? She stopped wandering around. "Well, it's better you don't know anything than having you boast about your skills. So, let's start training." 


She crouched a little and her gaze was even fierce than before. Her orbs were making Luhan feel small and nothing compared to her. 

"Lesson number one : Never , ever let your guards down." She attacked his head and lucky for Luhan, his reflex was fast. He managed to clash his sword before that thing ends his life. 

"Nice, but if you don't think you could avoid it in time, you could just dodge." She said and swayed her sword, aiming at his neck. 


Luhan saw that one coming and he knew he should follow what Yena said but he has that feeling that he could do better. When Yena's blade was almost touching his neck, he ducked and kicked the back of her knee. She fell, kneeling on the ground and Luhan was pointing his sword at Yena's eyes. 

Soft whispers were shared among the boys around them. Hell yeah Luhan was in great danger but he liked that feeling. That feeling of being challenged by the best. 

"Arrggghhhh!!!!!!" She grabbed the blade in front of her and threw it to wherever she doesn't care. Luhan could see flames in her eyes this time. She held her sword tight making her knuckles turn white as she bit her lower lip so hard that blood trickled down. 

"I'm dead this time..." He gulped and reversed his steps. 

"Yah Luhan!" Tao yelled. Luhan's ears perked up but he couldn't shift his attention from Yena. He wouldn't take that risk. 

"Do as I say okay?" Tao cried again. As Yena started to attack him, Tao began shouting, " Duck, jump, slide to your left." Luhan did as told and he was still alive. 

Tao was about to say 'watch out' but it was too late. Yena kicked squarely at Luhan's chest and he automatically fell hard on his back. It was so painful that every part of his body went numb. He couldn't hear what people were yelling about and the only thing that was audible to his ears was his heart thumping so loud and fast that at that moment, he thought his heart could burst. 

And suddenly, Yena's face was in front of him."Yah. " She growled. "You let your sword fly out of your hand, I swear I'm gonna cut off your head out. What's the function of having eyes when you don't use them to look at where I'm – " Yena paused after looking at Luhan almost dying self on the ground. He was turning as pale as a ghost. 

Tao rushed to the collapsed Luhan and protected him from being lectured by Yena. "Let him be, Yena. Today's his first. Call it a day." He said. "Bring him some water!" He ordered. 


Yena panted and suddenly realising she could be considered as torturing her team. She was out of her mind. How could she possibly do that to an amateur? She was not that harsh when Fighter Sehun entered. Why is she doing this to Luhan?


Kai jogged to Yena and handed over a bottle of water. "Wow Yena. That's ... that's not friendly." He shrugged.  By the look on his face, Yena could read he was disappointed in her. 


Yena slapped away Kai's offer and rolled her eyes. "He started it first. You saw it too, didn't you? I hate people acting smart in front of me. If he listened to my instructions, he wouldn't have hurt himself. He asked for it." She fought back. 

Kai guffawed heartily at this 17 year old girl in front of him. She's petite but she has confidence and bravery that not all of them have. She's a good leader. Better than hyung...Kai thought. 

Yena blinked in confusion at Kai. He was pretty much upset at her just now but why is he laughing? "Yah, what's so funny?" She asked. 

Kai glanced at Yena and smirked. He shook his head and made his way into the house. 

"Yah, don't leave me hanging like this. I asked, what made you laugh?" Yena yanked Kai's arm, making him turn around. 

Kai's eye smile appeared and his boyish grin was plastered across his face. He said, "You. You were the one that made me laugh, babo-yah." Kai could see her obviously shocked state and chuckled once again. This girl can't stop making his day. "C'mon, let's wash up." He told as he wrapped an arm around her neck. 


Yena stomped on Kai's foot and struggled free. After Kai let go of her, she grumbled and walked faster than Kai, making sure he couldn't catch up. "Go away, stinkhead." She spat. 

"I'm not stinkhead. Yah, Gu Yena! Are you mad?"


 




Luhan who gained back his conscious sat up and drank all of the water in the bottle. His mind could only now process what had happened. He lost to a girl. What a shame...

"Are you okay? Where does it hurt? Is your chest tight? Can you breathe normally?" Lay asked but Luhan totally ignored him. 

His eyes lingered at Yena and Kai who were happily fooling around like normal lovebirds would. That pissed him off. "See? She's totally biased by that dude over there. Can't you see the unfairness here? How can you possibly live here? With that beast?!" He shrieked. 


Baekhyun snorted ,"That beast you called is our leader. If you really are one of us, you'd respect that and accept her for anything she lack." He said as he kept his bow in its case. Baekhyun hates it when people talk bad things about Yena, especially the ones who didn't even try to know Yena properly. 

"Hey, let's not add some more tense here, eo? Let's get along, okay? Where's the cooperation in this team, huh?" Chanyeol tried to cheer up the situation but it didn't work out. Baekhyun was still shooting lasers at the back of Luhan's head. 


"Yena wants us to assemble at the dining room immediately. She gave us 15 minutes to clean ourselves and such." Suho said as he dragged Baekhyun with him. "Oh and Luhan, please don't get in trouble with Yena. She wouldn't like that." He added and all of them rushed to their respective rooms. 

Luhan's room was at the end of the hallway and it was hard for him to walk all the way there with his injured legs. When all of them had already went into their rooms, Luhan's heavy breaths  echoed alone. 


He entered the room for the first time and to his surprise, his name was carved beautifully at the door. 


After five minutes of letting the water flow freely down to his body, he turned off the shower and wiped his body dry. He walked towards the closet and pulled out a black shirt and a black three quarter pants. 

He has no time of being shock of the clothes in his drawer was exactly his size. He just... couldn't care more. Yena just scared the hell out of him and he almost get killed. She's... wicked. 

Luhan, what happened to your life?


 




Only the sound of people munching their food hungrily can be heard. Everybody's wolfing down their meals except for one person. Gu Yena. 

She just sat there silently and watching every movement made by the rest of them. Being a newbie, Luhan was completely uncomfortable with that but he just shrugged it off and ate. Yena was scanning the whole room but stopped when her eyes fell on Luhan. 

To other people, they might say he's perfectly fine but to Yena, he's not. He was having a hard time breathing and he flinched when lifting up his noodles, meaning he twisted his wrist. The scratches on his elbow made him place a tissue under it, so it won't hurt when it hit the table. 

Yena sighed, "You do know there's a facility for you to get your wounds treated, right?" Her voice screeched the room. All of them stop eating and examined each other, looking at whom was Yena talking to. And they knew whom – Luhan. 

Luhan placed his chopsticks across his bowl and adverted his eyes to Yena. And she was staring right at him. He snorted, "Can't you stop it? You've been picking up fights with me since I came here. Can't you just... can you just..." He paused and looked away. "...stop caring about me?" He freaked out. 

Sehun, who was sitting beside him, kicked his leg softly and muttered a 'don't' but it was too late. 

Yena nodded, "I will. Tomorrow we'll start training as usual at dawn." She told everybody and stood up. 

"Thank you for the food." They said in unison and slightly bowed. Yena didn't give a respond and left. 

Luhan bit his tongue and stared at his food. Yena made this? Right then, guiltness engulfed him and he felt sick. 

"You better go apologize, Luhan." Xiumin patted him on the shoulder and giving him a light squeeze. Luhan realized how they were all very protective of Yena and that bothered him. Why are they doing that? It irks me...

Suddenly, they all heard a girl's shriek. So loud and clear. And it could make someone go deaf. 

They sighed and groaned,"Kaaaaiii..." 

Kai ended his chew and murmured, "I'll check up on her."


 


 

 

Hi hey ho. How are you gaisseee? Teehee lol.

 I updated. Yeah.

After a long time. Yeah.

 Mianhe. Yeah.

How’s the second chapter? IT’s long right? Haha.

Kai and Yena are close friends. Yeah.

Why? Keep on reading, then you’ll know why.

Haha, and I gave a hint about something, didn’t I ?

Something about A GOOD LEADER??????

Haha don’t know if you missed it but don’t!

It’s important.

So, do comment, subscribe and upvote!

Annyeong, take care. Havva nice dayyyyyyyyy, yeorobun!