Siete

Novo Amor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are we? I'm confused,

don't be aloof,"

- Junggigo & Soyu, Some

Soundtrack: (x)

 

Mina stared at her reflection in the mirror, sighing slowly. It was ten minutes to eight, and Chanyeol and his friends could arrive at any minute. She tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear, biting her lower lip in doubt. Clad in a white sundress she rarely wore, Mina tilted her head to the side, contemplating whether she would give the impression that she was just trying too hard.

“Don’t worry, you look really nice,” Minseok appeared from behind her door wearing a smile on his face. “Chanyeol’s going to appreciate the effort you put just to look this nice. Now hurry up ttokki, he’ll be here anytime soon,”

Mina nodded abruptly, shaking her doubtful thoughts away as she grabbed onto the cardigan that was on her bed and trotted out of her bedroom to find a sulking Luhan, with arms crossed sitting on her couch at the living room.

 

“Lovers’ bicker?” She questioned the sulking man and Luhan confirmed her suspicion when he merely turned away from Minseok who was staring at them two, with his chin high up in the air. “Minseok oppa, what are you waiting for? Just apologise. Don’t just stand there!”

If she had to be honest, she wasn’t truly shocked at the revelation. Both Luhan and Minseok did argue at the rooftop over the silliest things, and they would end up sulking and refusing to talk to one another before one of them realises that he misses the other to stay mad for so long.

Minseok scoffed while fixing his collar. “I won’t- someone particularly egoistic and stubborn needs to be taught a lesson,” His slanted eyes took a short glance at the sight of his lover before he tore them away, back to the mirror in front. “And besides, he’s got that boy at the bookstore to cheer him up anyway,”

Mina turned towards Luhan who literally had its jaw hanging off the floor in disbelief. His hands were in fists and if Mina wasn’t careful enough, he would’ve jumped on Minseok just to throw a few punches across his delicate face. “There is no boy! He’s just overreacting!”

 

[8:04 am] give me a minute and i’ll be in front of your apartment.. in a white van with two monkeys  (ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ

 

Mina was quick enough to pull Luhan away from Minseok the moment she read the incoming text message from Chanyeol. It was the least she could do before havoc ensued in her own apartment.

 

Chanyeol has always been a morning person. He enjoys waking up to more hours during the day, and he loves the calmness that ensues before the afternoon sun hits. He hummed to his heart’s content as the van drove past the entrance to Mina’s apartment. He was very much looking forward to meeting her and bringing her to the beach. Chanyeol was convinced that he would make today a very special day for her.

“Is that her? Wait, are those her oppas? Dude, you didn’t tell me she’d bring her oppas!” Jongdae groaned from the passenger seat. Jongdae, however has never been a morning person. He was pissy, grumpy and simply irritable before ten in the morning.

“I think that’s um… her, her oppa and a girl…?” Baekhyun added as he pulled over.

“Trust me- that’s a guy. Don’t worry, I got confused myself the first time too,” Chanyeol snorted, rolling his eyes before he leaned against the window with a big smile on his face. He enthusiastically waved at Mina, happily sliding the door open when it stopped right in front of the building.

 

Usually, Chanyeol never noticed what Mina wore on the days they would meet up- sure, he did take note of the cute sweaters and the sneakers she seemed to love to wear, but he never really noticed her outfits and how beautiful she looked in them. However, today wasn’t the case. It was the first time Chanyeol eyed her up and down, taken aback at how… different she looked.

What she had on was basically a white sundress underneath a grey cardigan and a pair of sandals, but there was something about her outfit that deemed Chanyeol speechless. For the first time, Mina seemed… soft, and innocent, and lovely, and he suddenly found the sudden urge to pull her into his embrace and inhale her sweet scent (and to think about that, he never really had her scent registered in his brain). His hand stayed glued to the door handle, and Chanyeol blinked for a second before realising that he was literally ogling at Mina with a gaping jaw.

“Y-you look nice, Mina,” He was replied with a small nod from a blushing Mina, a snicker from Baekhyun, and a knowing smile from Jongdae.

“Um… thank you. You don’t look so bad yourself either, Chanyeol,” Mina shifted her weight from left to right, unconsciously tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. At the back of her end, she was already slapping herself repeatedly for being exceptionally giddy. The urge to slap herself heightened when she heard a soft snort coming from Minseok.

“Uh… welcome aboard,” Welcome aboard? What the hell, Park Chanyeol, the awkward boy mentally cursed, scratching the back of his head. Not knowing how to save himself from more embarrassment, he got out of the van and flipped the seats, before gesturing to Mina’s other two companions to enter the vehicle.

“Actually…” The male he recalled as Luhan chimed. Chanyeol watched as he loomed over the window of the passenger seat, perching his head into it. “Is it alright if I sit in front? I feel quite sick this morning, and I’m uh… I’m afraid I might get motion sickness from sitting at the back,”

Jongdae must’ve been taken aback by the beauty that was Luhan’s facial features as he said nothing but a meek ‘yes’ as he voluntarily gave up his seat and sat at the far back. Chanyeol caught the annoyance that seemed to tick Minseok off but he said nothing, not wanting a bad start to their little journey.

He shot a look at Mina who responded with a ‘Don’t Ask’ expression before folding back the seats to the van and allowing her to climb onto the vehicle. Chanyeol had nothing but Mina’s wellbeing in his mind and reflexively offered a hand as she started to climb onto the high steps. He felt warmth pooling in his cheeks as Mina gratefully held onto it firmly, lifting all of her weight with a push of her leg. Chanyeol tried to shake the odd feeling in the pit of his stomach off, the discussion with Baekhyun and Jongdae the night before.

“What’s with your oppas, by the way?” Chanyeol leaned closer towards Mina, whispering in the ear.

Mina blushed again, her insides churning at how low Chanyeol’s voice sounded next to her ear. “Um… lover’s bicker,” Mina whispered back, giggling right after.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter