Broken

Abandoned Disgrace

There Mia stood like a mannequin, staring at the mansion with squinted eyes due to the sunlight. She went straight home after getting out of that devil’s house. She couldn’t imagine, how would Lu Han react to this? That useless bastard, Oh Se Hun. She took one of Sehun’s hoodie, not that he even care, it was still not enough to make up whatever he did to her yesterday. Mia covered her head with the hoodie and made her way up on the staircase, still bowing politely at the maids. “What happened to you, Miss Mia?” The elder woman asked with concern, her wrinkly hands caressing Mia’s cut next to her lips.

“Nothing, I just fell.” She lied, half-chuckling. Maid Mabel looked at her in concern, Mia’s head lovingly, with her chubby and wrinkly hands. She knew Mia was lying, her eyes tell everything. She’s like an open book, the eyes are the window of the soul after all. “I’m okay, Maid Mabel. Really.” She reassured the old lady, giving her a soft smile. “You know I know you’re lying, Mia. Come, let’s get inside. I’ll make some soup.” The old lady stated softly. Mia’s smile faded, replaced by a frown. She’s ashamed to face everyone, she’s ashamed to be her. Mia headed to her bedroom, wanting to shower and scrub it all off her body. She wanted to relax, even just once.

“Mia, go. I’ll prepare everything.” Maid Mabel said motherly. Mia liked Maid Mabel, she reminds her of her grandmother. Maybe she could be the second one.

Mia thanked the older woman and flashed a sincere smile. “Thanks.” She mumbled, almost inaudible to hear.

                Mia dipped herself in the warm water and softly touch the cuts and bruises on her hands, her face, her collarbone and everywhere else. It stung, every time the cuts made contacts with the water, Mia would flinch. But she didn’t mind, it never hurt as much as Lu Han leaving. She could be stabbed a million times but it still wouldn’t be the same. She loved Lu Han. She loved her family. God, why’d you do this to me? She’d question it every day. Mia isn’t a religious person but she do believe that what god had fated, it’s the best. She still do.

                Mia scrubbed her body one last time before getting out of the fancy bathtub, wrapping her body with a clean white towel to prevent the water from dripping on the floor. Her muscles couldn’t move much due to the beatings yesterday, only light moves or she’ll wince in pain.

                Maid Mabel prepared a satin pyjamas for her, she guess she’ll just stay in bed today. Going to school doesn’t seem like the best answer. “Come here, darling. The soup is still hot.” Maid Mabel exclaimed as she placed the tray of food on her nightstand. Mia nodded her head, still buttoning her pyjama blouse. The blouse had short sleeves, Maid Mabel could see the cuts and bruises on her arms clearly. “Mia, you wouldn’t get this much cuts and bruises if you ‘fell’. The elder stated as a matter-of-fact.

                Mia lowered her head in embarrassment, ashamed to face the old lady. Maid Mabel’s gaze softened as she looked at Mia. She looked so broken. Hurt. “Mia, I want you to know that it’s okay to cry, it doesn’t mean you are weak.” She reassured. Mia was tired, she was tired of crying, she tired of worrying every day, she was tired of living, she was tired of everything that happened to her. “Maid Mabel, please, I don’t want to talk about this.” She broke down. Brushing her hands through her hair in frustration as she sob hardly. There she goes again, crying. Mabel couldn’t see the girl this way, it pains her heart.

                “Shh, it’s fine, darling. You’ve been strong for too long.” Mabel whispered in her ear, cradling the broken girl in her arm, her hands rubbing Mia’s back in assurance. Mia sobbed hard, hugging the old woman. “Maid Mabel” She said between sobs “I’m such a disgrace, my parents hate me, no, they all hate me! My boyfriend died! He left me and our child. Why’d they do this to me? What did I do wrong?” She sobbed, never in her life she had been this broken. She had a little hope that her life was going to get better, but it didn’t. It all got worse. 

                “You did nothing wrong, darling. They’re just stupid.” Maid Mabel whispered as she kissed the girl’s head. “You did nothing wrong, Mia.” She said again. Mia’s sob lightened, the old lady smiled softly and her red cheek. “I’ll feed you this, okay?” She asked, referring to the soup on the nightstand. Mia nodded like a child with a soft smile on her face. She wiped the tears of her face. Mabel noticed the suspicious bruises on her neck but she chose to not ask her. Not             yet, it’ll get worse if she does.

                “How is your child?” Mabel asked. Mia choked a little at the soup, taken aback at the sudden question. Mia grinned. “Fine. 5 years old.” She stated. “He or she?” the elder asked again. “She’s a beautiful girl. Carbon copy of her dad.” She told, remembering Lu Han who had left. “Her father must’ve been a handsome man.” Mabel added making Mia blush. He was. She thought.


No, you are not hallucinating. I double updated today! Yay~ The library here is so freaking amazing guys. Feels and ideas are exploding! But it's a crappy chapter, sorry TAT Comment and upvote if you'd like. They are extremely appreciated.