Struggles

Abandoned Disgrace

Mia didn’t know what happened. First, she was at the mall with her new adopted sister and then, she was standing in the middle of a crowd. People were smoking, drinking who knows what, making out and even doing something extremely inappropriate. Mia squeezed herself into the crowd, attempting to find a way out. How she hoped that Ginger didn’t really bought her that revealing two-pieces to attract those unnecessary attention from the erts. From the corner of her eye, Mia saw Ginger with the guy, she calls ‘Sehun’, having some heavy make-out session in the pool. She cringed, thus leading to the door quickly. Mia turned her head back, looking at her adopted sister who was busy doing her business, she hesitated to leave her alone here, at the party.

Ginger may be a brat, but she is still her responsibility and the last thing Mia wanted was something bad happening to her. A bell rang in her head, does her parents know about this? That their 15 years old daughter was attending this kind of party instead of those slumber parties that her parents were expecting? Mia shook her head, she took the towel that had been hanging on the door knob and made her way towards the two, well, if she got to. “Hey pretty girl, what’s your name?” The stranger asked, his dirty hands were freely making their ways to Mia’s bare torso. Mia could smell the pungent smell of alcohol in his breath and she knew what would happen if she doesn’t escape.

“Let me go! You ert!” She hissed and pushed him away harshly. As he didn’t let go, Mia violently shook her body which made the guy more furious. He cupped her face harshly, his nose flaring and his face was painfully near to Mia’s. “Listen here, cutie-pie. I am being less harsh than I usually am, so, you better do what I command you to do, or else,” Without knowing his word was cut off with a punch in the face, Mia saw the guy who carelessly attempted to take advantage of her on the ground, groaning and bleeding. “Are you okay?” He asked. Mia nodded her head, tears glistening in her eyes and she sighed in relieve, thanks to the stranger. “Thank you.” She muttered while still panting for air. Mia was not scared, she was traumatized. She felt suffocated at the memory of her past, it was no different from what she have experienced earlier, only, there’s a kind person to save her.

“It’s no big deal, anybody would’ve done the same thing.” False. Mia corrected what he have said in her mind, no one, would’ve save her like that except him and she was grateful for that. “I’ve never saw you around here, are you new?” He asked and rubbed his nape shyly. Mia smiled sincerely, it was rare for her to do that to strangers, but him, something’s special with him. Maybe she was showing her gratitude, wasn’t she? Mia finally replied, “I just moved in,” He nodded his head in confirmation and returned her smile, it was warm and fuzzy. It’s been awhile since Mia felt this feeling since the last time she felt it.

Mia gasped upon remembering Ginger, she excused herself quickly before making her way back to the pool to god knows what she was doing with Sehun. She went blank. What do you expect? She can’t just jump into the pool and separate them. She saw a small pebble at the side of the pool and took it in her hand. I hope this would work. She said at the back of her mind. Mia threw the rock into the pool, or more precisely, Sehun’s head and that kind of politely stopped their session.

“Urgh, what was that?” Sehun groaned while rubbing the spot where the pebble hit him. “Oh my god! Sehun, are you okay?” Ginger asked worriedly as she made her way to Sehun to inspect the –now bruising skin of his head–. “Ginger, it’s getting late, let’s go home.” Mia interrupted the two with an unamused look on her face. No, she isn’t cold. She did it to prove that she is a strong and responsible sister even how bratty her sister is and heck, Ginger isn’t even her sister by blood. “You! Mia, can you just- ughhh!” She groaned and splashed the water towards Mia, making her flinch in surprise. The corner of Sehun’s mouth twitched upwards or better to call it a smirk.

“Mia, huh,” Sehun said, sarcasm was obvious in his tone. “Who do you think you are?” He asked, but this time, with a rather serious look on his face. Mia may seem like a warrior outside, but inside, she’s as timid as a mouse, that’s why they say ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’. Attention were all on them, it was like there were a spotlight shining their way. Mia hates attention, it was her weakness, and she loathes that fact. She lowered her head in embarrassment and clenched her fist in a tight ball.

“Say something, you coward.” Sehun said smugly, he was now in front of Mia. Sehun smiled slyly and playfully tucked a strand of hair behind Mia’s pink ear.  Mia violently shoved his hand away which made Sehun laughed in amusement. “Aigoo, aigoo, so feisty.” He said in korean. Mia lifted her head up and shot him a hateful glare. “Don’t you ever think of getting near me and Ginger again,” She snapped sassily and dragged the gaping girl along with her. Call her selfish, but the last thing she wanted now is her adopted sister to do stupid things and regret it for the rest of her life like what she had done in the past. It was no different.

                “What is wrong with you?!” Ginger shouted in front of her face. Calling her angry is an understatement, she was beyond furious. Mia have humiliated her, the daughter of one of the richest businessman in USA, in front of  all the students of her school, she was nothing but furious. “Just admit it Mia! If you want to sleep Sehun, just tell me! He would’ve been more than happy to have a like you to accompany him!” She snapped. *smack* Ginger touched the burning skin of her face as she looked at her adopted sister in disbelief. Mia’s cheeks were covered with tears, her body was shaking as she fell on her knees. She sobbed hardly, running her hands through her hair, she hated when this happens. She hated it when people see her cry.

“Cry! Cry all you want!” Ginger exclaimed angrily, stomping her feet back to the house to grab her belongings and go home as her sister have commanded.

               

                The next day, Mia woke up with a severe headache, her eyes were puffy and dark circles were visible from crying the night before. She remembered nothing but the incident and being sent home by the guy who saved her earlier. She liked that guy. Mia scanned the surroundings, walls covered with golden wallpapers, fancy furniture, fluffy bed and a bathroom that could fit 7 people in it. Other girls would’ve die to be in her place, but she wasn’t as happy. Mia would rather be homeless to live with her real family and be happy than whatever was happening to her now. She sighed heavily and rubbed her temple to lessen the headache, she didn’t what she did to deserve all this. Or maybe she does. It was impossible for her to forget the incident. “Miss Mia, Mr. Hollister have commanded me to give you this.” Mia turned her head around to see the leader of the maids here, Mabel.

It was painkillers, her new dad must’ve knew what happened. Mia smiled at the maid and excused her politely. She swallowed the pill followed by some water, Mia spaced out for a second, not thinking about anything, looking at the violin case next to the night stand, it’s been awhile since the last time she played the violin in it. Mia ignored the feeling and prepared herself to school, letting her long dark brown hair down and wearing a plain white sundress with a floral cardigan. Mia went downstairs, awkwardly greeting the other family members with a bow. “Mia! Come sit, the cooks prepared their best egg benedict!” Mr. Hollister greeted cheerfully with a wide grin on his face.

“Thank you, dad.” She smiled and adjusted awkwardly next to Ginger who was playing with her food with a frown on her face. The dining room was accompanied by silence as they eat the breakfast. It was supposed to be bright and chatty, but the incident last night, it’s self-explanatory and Mr. Hollister could sense it. “Kids, it getting late, I’ve prepared a limo for you,” She gained conscious at the word ‘limo’, but Ginger’s expression remained the same as she harshly grab her backpack. “Goodbye Margaret, dad.” She bowed respectfully, Mia walked down the staircase which lead to the garage and stopped her pace. Should I bring it? She thought. Without thinking much, she speeded back into the house to take the item she hadn’t touch for a long time. Her violin.


Hello! It's Ayli here, I hope I didn't disappoint you with this crappy chapter T-T. It was pretty random and short blehhh! But I hope it's enough to satisfy you! ^_^ And! Who do you think helped Mia? And what happened in the past? O-O?? Comment what you think in the comment section, they really make my day! ^_^ Love ya! Oh! And do check out the girl group applyfic that I made! Heheh so unshameful of me LOL! Love and hugs! Ignore the grammatical errors cause guys, my english is worse than a 6 years old's TAT. I miss Luhan tho, huaaaaaa! T-T
 

-lalagirl

Comment and Upvote!