Suffocated

Abandoned Disgrace

Mia walked down the corridor with her head down. She could feel everyone’s eyes on her, not in a good way. Last night’s fiasco just made everything worse. She could only blame herself for being too brave and ruin her adopted sister’s pride. Mia casually went to her scheduled class and sat at the back of the class. I know it sounded cliché, but introverted people understands it. The feeling of attention isn’t the best for a person like her.

She placed the violin case next to her as she sat at the ideal seat at the back of the class. The school was big, well, it’s the H.M. Academy, the most prestigious school in America. Mia didn’t she was going to such school with rich, snobby and arrogant students. She sighed and inserted her hands in the pocket of her cardigan, slumping her shoulder lazily. Mia glanced at the violin case next to her and smiled a little before trailing her along the ripped part of the case.

She took the case and opened it, revealing her little, meaningful violin. It brings back the memory when she was still a happy girl, and that was long ago before she was chased out by her dad for being such a disgrace that brought discredit to her family name. She couldn’t blame her dad, he has the right to do it. Mia started to pick the strings, making small melodies that made her smile a little. “Hey!” Someone shouted, making Mia flinch in shock. “Aren’t you that girl from yesterday’s party?” He said with an eyebrow raised, almost mockingly.

Mia rolled her eyes and quietly cursed under her breath, she stood up and casually walked out of the classroom, leaving the whole class dumbfounded. She didn’t know the school too well, she just followed where her feet are leading her. Which ended up being a beautiful and small garden with a beautiful pond. There were swings on the branches of the tree which attracted Mia’s attention. Slowly, she walked to the swing and touched the almost worn out rope, Mia grinned. She carefully sat on the wooden swing and sway it slowly back and forth.

It was almost perfect. The peaceful surrounding, the calming sound of water flowing in the pond, the gift from the nature for her to embrace. Mia stretches her arm and let the wind and sunray hits her face making her face glow. ‘She’s like an angel.’ Jackson thought. He knew he was hit by the cupid’s arrow to the fact that he couldn’t stop smiling since yesterday. The incident at the party that he thought was fated for them. He watches her soft features as it gleams in the sunlight, her soft wavy hair, her cute button nose, her flawless pale face.

Mia pulled the zipper of the violin case to reveal her small violin. “There it is.” She mumbled, her slender finger tracing the infinity sign carving next to the little sailor moon sticker. She softly smiled as she thought of her little girl. Mia placed the violin on her shoulder and started to play their favourite song when suddenly she stopped. A single tear dropping on her violin. ‘Chae Ra’ she thought as she sobbed hard and dropped herself on the ground to curl into a ball.

‘I shouldn’t have left her, I shouldn’t have be such a bad mother, I shouldn’t have trusted anyone, I shouldn’t have done anything.’ She chants in her head again and again. Once, someone asked how does depression feels like. It feels like drowning, except you can see people around you breathing. “Are you okay?” He asked. Mia lifted her head slowly as she heard that familiar voice. It couldn’t be him, could it? ‘Crap.’ She cursed as she saw the owner of the voice.

Mia stood up groggily and walked past him with a half-hearted smile, ignoring the boy’s question. Jackson was dumbfounded, he looked at her back view walking ever so slowly through the door until it finally disappear from his vision.

“I didn’t even catch your name.” He whispered to himself.

Mia walked hurriedly down the hall to get back to her class, which was not going to start until 9. Great. She frowned at the sight of a familiar bag in front of the classroom door. Isn’t that mine? She thought and went closer to have a better look at the bag. It is her bag which she remember she already put inside the classroom. She chose to brush it off.

The classroom was already packed with students, all of them were running around, talking nonsense, gossiping and whatnot but the moment she stepped inside. The classroom grew silence and all eyes were on her. “Well, well, look who we got here, guys.” Sehun’s irritating voice came to her ears. Mia clenched her fist and cussed under her breath before turning her head back to spot Sehun wearing his infamous smirk. He playfully twirled her soft locks with his long, slender finger which Mia brushed off harshly not long after that.

Mia felt disgusted. “What a cutie, I feel like cutting her head off, Hun.” A guy suddenly exclaimed, making the whole class laugh. Mia shot a piercing gaze at the guy before noticing that he was sitting at the place she sat earlier, where her bag was supposed to be. Bad move. The guy suddenly stood up, he was big, way bigger than anyone she had ever met.

As he came closer, Mia took a step back, he came closer and closer until Mia’s back became contact with the cold, hard wall. Here it goes again, no difference from before. Why is it always her? Why wouldn’t anyone do the same to Sehun? The guy lifted her by choking her neck, if she had a collar he’d probably do that cliché thing.

She felt suffocated, she had this lump in , no. She won’t do it again, she won’t cry again and let them see her on her weakest point. She won’t do it.


Hello, I'm back~ Here's the third Chapter, yep, crappy as always but enjoy~
-lalagirl