Hurt

Abandoned Disgrace

It’s going to be okay, Mia. It’s going to be over soon. It’s going to be over and then, you can go home and call Chae Ra. Mia chants in her head, touching the bleeding part of her hand and squeezed it, making her bit her lips as a response to the excruciating pain. It’s going to be fine, Mia. Remember what Lu Han always say to you. She chants again before feeling her body weakened and fell to the ground. Remember that Lu Han always say that he’ll always be there, even when he isn’t.

Her body was trembling, her face was bleeding, and they were laughing. Enjoying the view of her looking so vulnerable and… hurt. Sehun and his friend brought her to the store room so the teacher wouldn’t suspect anything. At the corner of Mia’s eyes, she could see Sehun making his way slowly towards her. Her heart clenched, she knew it was coming, she shut her eyes tight, waiting for the pain to become contact with her skin. Why? It’s the only thing in her mind. Why is this only happening to her?

Mia’s face became contact with cold tile as she fell down with a loud thud. Her vision became blurry and the pain was slowly fading, so is the light in the room. It all happened like before, without Lu Han.

 

Mia’s eyes fluttered open, scanning unfamiliar room before attempting to stand up, which she failed miserably. The pain was unbearable, it was not enough to state with words. Mia realized that she wasn’t in her sundress anymore, it was replaced by an oversized T-shirt and that’s it. “Finally woke up?” He said in a mocking tone which made Mia’s body tense. No, it can’t be him. Mia took a deep breath before averting her gaze to Sehun who was fiddling with a Rubik’s cube in his hand at the door frame.

                “What did you do to me?” She hissed. Sehun chuckled and walked towards the bed where Mia was sitting. He stopped chuckling and harshly cupped Mia’s face with one hand and frowned. “What you expected.” He said cynically and slapped Mia’s cheek before pushing her harshly. As Sehun was walking to the door, Mia hissed, “I loathe you, Oh Sehun, remember that.” Sehun chuckled in disbelieve and went back to her only to harshly push her to the headboard with his handsome face painfully near to her. “I don’t care, you worthless woman.” He rebuked, making Mia flinch in fear.

                There she goes again, bawling her eyes out. Again. She doesn’t seem surprised anymore, crying is like an everyday routine for her. Why can’t I get used to it? Why can’t I get used to beating? Why can’t I get used to them? Those question kept pooling in her mind. She’s had suicidal thought for almost every day, every moments, every minute, but she just couldn’t. Chae Ra kept coming to her mind.

                Her daughter, her sign of love to Lu Han, their infinity. It all happened at a senior’s party. It was all planned by the students at her previous school when they were fourteen, but she knew they loved each other, Lu Han would say it to her every day, she didn’t really mind it. Until she was pregnant with Chae Ra. Lu Han experienced something that wasn’t much different from her case. Bully. Very common for average Asian students in overseas. Lu Han’s good-looking, she would think the main reason of bully every night, why they would do such thing to her and Lu Han.

                “I will protect you, no matter what hardships come.” Those words never fades from her head. The word Lu Han would always say to her before he lullabies her through the phone.

                Mia shook her head and wiped the tears off her face with the sleeve of the T-shirt. Some part of the grey T-shirt went darker due to the tears, making it more obvious that she cried other than her red, puffy eyes. She stood up groggily, careful not to make the cuts all over her body more painful. She spotted the telephone on night stand, looking back at the door, she was sure Sehun had left. She pressed the numbers and waited for someone to pick up. “Hello~” The little girl cooed. How she missed to hear that cute soft voice of her adorable daughter. “Guess who.” She playfully said with a smile on her face. This time, it was real.

                “Mommy? Is that you?” The little girl asked, her voiced seemed more excited. Mia chuckled at the child’s adorable behaviour. “Mommy! I knew it’s you!” Chae Ra squealed. Mia’s smile never fades when she talks to her little girl, she’s her vitamin. Her only escape from the cruel reality. “I missed you so much.” Mia cooed, prolonging the word ‘so’. “I miss you the most mommy, I haven’t met you in 1000 years,” The little girl exclaimed. Mia scrunched her nose at her baby’s cuteness “grandpa misses you, too.” Mia’s smile faded as she dropped the phone, surprised.

                Mia gets picked on ever since she was in pre-school, the pain though, worsens in progress. At first it only started with a girl calling her useless, but then, the pain just got worse until to the point where she had been too strong for so long, she couldn’t even bear it. Life seemed meaningless, but she kept on fighting for Chae Ra. For Lu Han. During the first years of high school, her family was always there for supports, but when she had Chae Ra in her womb. Everything got worst to the point that Mia couldn’t even imagine if it could worsen more for her to bear. Her father, once a loving man, chased her out. Calling her a disgrace to the family.

                Mia did tell her parents the real thing, but they just won’t listen. Mia could even quote their sayings, ‘Don’t use bully as an excuse, Jung Chae Mi.’ It was clearly stated. As soon as Mia gave birth to Chae Ra, they took the baby away. Her family wasn’t that cruel to begin with. They didn’t force her for abortion. But, the last time she had seen Chae Ra was a couple months ago, when her sister sent a picture of her, playing in the snow. She looked so much like Lu Han. “Mommy? Are you there?” Mia heard. She picked up the phone and wiped her wet cheeks, cheering herself a bit by smiling. This time, it was fake. “I gotta go baby cake, mommy will call you later, arasso?” Mia cutely said like a child. She could hear whining and tantrums from the other side, making her chuckle again. Chae Ra never fails.

                “Bye, mommy.” The girl finally cooed, sobbing. Mia could tell she was fake crying. “Bye.” She whispered softly and made a cute kissy sound for the little kid. She went back to reality as the phone call ended. The cuts, torturing than ever, the soreness, the bruises. But never did she know that Sehun was watching her the whole time. She just didn’t know.


Hye! Back again with another chapter, I hope you guys won't kill me for making Sehunnie so mean T^T But, I'm pretty sure I'll be double updating today cuz I'll be at the library. Yay for this nerd! Please comment and upvote~

-lalagirl