Chapter 6

Is it killing you, like it's killing me?

A/N: I said I'm gonna update this either tomorrow or on fri but here it is~ 
I actually wrote this chapter (& more) last week but I wasn't satisfied with it (still not OTL) plus I was on vacation mode last week as well so I didn't have time to think about it. Anyways, there's nothing much I can add to this so I guess I'll just leave it as it is... for now. Enjoy the start of Junmyeon's malice! <3

 

Kris greets everyone who enters the elevator with him with a warm smile. After the elevator finally reaches the ground floor, he quickly heads to the door & is taken aback by the overwhelming number of people walking in every direction.

He usually drives his car from the dull basement where the parking area for the residents is located & drives from the back of the condominium where not a lot of people walk by. Even when reaching the main road, he usually only focuses on the road than the medley of people around him & his life is pretty much just home, work, home, work, home.

 

After meticulously looking around, he begins to stroll.

 

The frigid air that drifts against his face does not obstruct him. In fact, it reminds him of many things.

 

✺ ✺ ✺

 

“Brrr! It’s freezing outside!!” Tao complained as soon as he entered the room.

“Here,” Kris opened his arms to give him a bear hug “Feeling warm now, baby?”

His body heat soothed Tao from the wrath of the cold winter air “Yes” he answered with closed eyes, as if he was ready to sleep in Kris’ arms any time soon.

“Guys please, not everyone has a cuddle buddy” Baekhyun blurted & his lower lip protruded in a sulky pout.

“I’ll be your cuddle buddy, Baek” Lay jokingly opened his arms in an attempt to hug Baekhyun who cried for help, making everyone else in the room laugh.

 

It’s the start of a new semester & the beginning of a new camaraderie.

For Tao, Luhan & Sehun, it was just another semester but for Kris, Baekhyun, Lay & Junmyeon, it was their last step to graduation.

 

“Who’s ready for the annual graduation partyyyy!!!” 

“Lay why are you so excited as if you’re so sure you’re gonna get your diploma this year?”

“Baekhyun I swear if you don’t stop mocking me I’ll make sure you won’t be able to attend this year’s graduation”

“Oh.  Scary.” Baekhyun replied sarcastically.

 

It’s been 4 & a half months since Kris & Tao, along with Sehun & Luhan, started dating & about 3 weeks since Junmyeon joined their little circle. He was in Kris’ class which is why he quickly became acquainted with the rest. Because of some problems his previous college had to face, he decided it was best if he just transferred to another one.

 

“What do you guys do in graduation parties?”

Lay placed an arm on Junmyeon’s shoulder & pulled him closer “Well my friend, seniors usually get drunk & use that as an excuse to es.”

“Cool. I’m excited.”

“Are you serious?!” Tao was taken aback by what Lay had just told them.

“Yup. That’s what Kyuhyun hyung told me. I’ve even witnessed some people do it!”

Baekhyun suddenly got up from his seat “Really?! Who?!?!”

“Jessica unnie and—”

“Okay that’s enough I think we should focus on our studies for now & worry about the party later.” Kris suggested.

 

 

Because it was their final semester, the four of them invested more of their time in studying & temporarily got rid of any distractions.

Tao being a supportive boyfriend, also tried his best to help Kris with his studies despite the fact that he also needs to study.

“It’s okay, you’re the one who’s BenBen. Plus, I’m a straight A student, remember? So it’s not a problem for me.” was what he would always say whenever Kris expressed fret for Tao.

 

 

On the day of their final exams, Tao secretly threw a bag of marshmallows inside Kris’ bag with a post it note stuck on it saying: “Good luck BenBen, I know you can do it! I love you! <3”

 

 

As soon as Kris saw the colorful bag of his favorite confectionery, his lips automatically formed a smile, eyes glinted in happiness & delight.

“Hey Kris why are you smiling like that?”

“Oh, nothing. Tao just gave me a bag of my favorite marshmallows.” Kris replied, his eyes stuck to the post it note, & smile, unwavering.

Junmyeon grabbed the bag of marshmallows from Kris & inspected the package “You know, I have a better candy” He took out a small bag of jelly beans “Here, try some.” he pulled out a handful of jelly beans to Kris who immediately tossed them inside his mouth. 

“Hmm.. not bad. Actually, these taste amazing” 

“Right? Why don’t we head back to class, I have more jelly beans.”

“Sure” Kris unintentionally forgot about Tao’s surprise which was passed spontaneously on to Junmyeon’s hands.

Walking behind Kris who was still busy trying to figure out which jelly bean to eat next, Junmyeon looked around & hastily dumped the bag of marshmallows along with the post it note that came with it in a nearby trash can. And without anyone knowing, the bag of colorful fluff was already encircled by darkness & filth. Unfortunately, no one was there to witness it.