Chapter 6

Secret Valentine

A/N:

 

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LONG WAIT! /bows90°/

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*

Kyungsoo can't help smiling as he looks himself in the mirror. He took a shower before he go to sleep. The scene of Jongin kissing him keeps replaying in his mind. Jongin's lips still lingered on his. The softness, the plumpness, its hard to resist and forget.

 

He touched his lower lip and traced it with his finger tips.  Imagining Jongin's lips on his.

 

"You're going crazy Kyungsoo." He sighed mumbling to himself.

 

He got out of his bathroom with a towel hanging on his waist and went to his closet to fetch a comfortable clothes to sleep on.

 

When he rummaged inside, he noticed the box on where he keeps the letters that he has been receiving this past months. He wondered what happened to his admirer.

 

He grabbed a loose shirt and a sweatpants and wore it. He also fished the box from his closet and placed it on his bed. Before he hopped on his bed to scan the letters,(cause he love reading them one by one) his phone on his study table vibrated.

 

Kyungsoo knew who it was. He grabbed it and went to his bed and plopped down. When he saw the familiar number, he deleted it immediately without sparring a glance at the content.

 

The boy opened the box that was lying on his bed. He examined the different colors of the sticky notes. He guessed that his admirer likes light colors, especially the baby blue one.

 

He can't deny that he also attracted to that color. It looks peaceful and its a nice feeling. But he asked himself why the letters suddenly stopped?

 

Kyungsoo remembered the letter just now, it seemed like he forgotten about it when he was spending his time with Jongin nowadays.

 

Suddenly, his phone rang. When he checked the caller ID he ignored it without a second thought. Hyunsik keeps calling and texting him.

 

"Can't he tell that I don't want to talk to him?" Kyungsoo groaned and laid on his back while holding one of those sticky notes. Its one of his favorite compliment that he received. "You're beautiful." He read aloud tracing each letters. Unconsciously, his lips twitched upward and formed a smile.

 

His phone keeps ringing in the background. It annoyed him. He groaned in frustration and answered his phone angrily.

 

"Can you please stop calling me?! I don't want to talk to you!" 

 

"Oh. I-I'm sorry. I didn't know. Sorry for disturbing you." A panicked voice answered him and it was not Hyunsik.

 

He checked who it was and saw it was Jongin. His eyes widened in shock. He just shouted at Jongin who did nothing wrong. He jutted abruptly and explained his outburst.

 

"Jongin? I'm so sorry. No. You did not disturb me. I just... I just thought you were...and you were not and... I'm sorry." Kyungsoo said in a fast speed but whispered the last word. He felt embarrass.

 

Good thing Jongin caught what his hyung had said and chuckled on the other line. He knew that Kyungsoo felt bad for shouting at him and he doesn't want his hyung to feel that way.

 

"Its alright hyung. I called in to check on you." The younger told him the reason for calling.

 

Kyungsoo wanted to burry his face on his bed for acting that way.

 

They got seperated only an hour and now Jongin was checking on him. Kyungsoo thought, Jongin must be bored since he was alone and his mom was not there.

 

Jongin thought of calling Baekhyun but backed out immediately. What if he called in a wrong time? He doesn't want to cocblock his friend and his boyfriend. But that would be fun. Jongin thought evilly. But he cringed at the thought of an angry Baekhyun. He can be scary as hell. So he ended up calling Kyungsoo instead. Its a lot better compared to Baekhyun who will just scold him for all his wrong doings.

 

"I'm fine. I was just thinking some random things." Kyungsoo replied. Going back to his previous position.

 

This time. he stared at the ceiling blankly. Enjoying Jongin's voice.  Most of the time they're communicating through text, but they talk mostly school stuff. But hearing Jongin's voice and talk about not school related stuff is a different thing.

 

"Things like what?"

 

"Nothing in particular. What about you? What are you doing?"

 

Jongin wants to say he was thinking about Kyungsoo, but he doesn't want the older to get weirded out.

 

"Lying down." The he chuckled. "I'm bored."

 

Kyungsoo frowned at the respond. "So you called me cause you're bored?" He scoffed playfully. If Jongin doesn't know Kyungsoo's sarcastic side, he would get offended.

 

"You know that its not like that."

 

"Then what is?"

 

"Why are you so persistent?"

 

"Is it wrong to know the reason?"

 

"No. It seems like you are expecting some answer." Jongin chuckled at his hyung.

 

"Of course I am."

 

"No. What I meant was you are expecting some certain answer."

 

"I do not."

 

"Do to."

 

"I do not!"

 

"You do to."

 

"Stop Jongin. I do not okay. If you don't have reason then fine."

 

He can tell kyungsoo was pouting on the other line. He wanted to see that face right now.

 

Silence.

 

"I miss you." Jongin spoke after a moment of silence.

 

Kyungsoo was sure that his stomach flipped 180 degrees. He doesn't know what to reply. Does he missed the younger? He was not sure.

 

"Kyungsoo?"

 

"hm?"

 

"You're awfully quiet."

 

"I-I'm sorry. I'm tired. I'm going to sleep now. Bye." Kyungsoo hung up without hearing what the other reply was.

 

Kyungsoo was flustered. He was confused.

 

"So much for being evasive Kyungsoo." He whispered to himself.

 

He doesn't know how to respond, so avoiding it was his last resort. He knew that its not right. But what can he do? He doesn't even know if he missed the younger or not. But suddenly he felt lonely.

 

He huffed and stared at the ceiling again. It became his habit when he was thinking too much. Like he can get an answer just by staring at it.

 

When Hyunsik told him that he missed him, he doesn't feel the way he felt when Jongin said those words.

 

Like he mean it. Sure he does, Kyungsoo knows it. He can tell if someone's lying or not.

 

And by the way Jongin said it, it saddens Kyungsoo. Yeah, he supposed feel happy about it. But he can't understand why his heart ached so much. Like it was longing to hear those words from someone that means a lot to you.

 

Kyungsoomissed that feeling. A lump formed in his throat and an unexpected tear streamed down from his eyes.

 

Kyungsoo was crying. Was it because of the break up? Was it because Hyunsik cheat on him? Probably. If Hyunsik doesn't love him anymore, he could just tell Kyungsoo about it. Not to cheat on him.

 

It hurts to see your boyfriend with someone with your own eyes. Seeing how happy they are when you are left and was lied to. It hurts so much that caused Kyungsoo to burst into tears and cannot stop himself.

 

Kyungsoo needs someone to hold. He needs comfort that moment. Someone who will lull him in his sleep when his feeling down. But that person that he needs, was the reason why he was in that state.

 

It angered Kyungsoo so much it hurts. He needed to calm himself down. He wanted to call his bestfriend. Does Chanyeol knows what happened? Kyungsoo thought. But of course, he knew that his best friend doesn't know anything.

 

It just happened earlier that day. He grabbed his phone and scanned his contacts. He seached for Chanyeol's name. But before he press the call button, he changed his mind. He doesn't want his best friend to worry for him.

 

Besides, its already midnight. What if the giant is already asleep? He sighed locked the screen of his phone.

 

Maybe he needs to be alone in this kind of situation. He needs to control himself and not depend on others. But Kyungsoo doesn't want to be alone. He was scared to be alone. He despeartely need someone.

 

Then he remembered Jongin. Should he call the younger?  

 

 

He was sure that he was not sleeping. After he told Jongin that he was tired, now he's going to call him? Well, he just need to talk to someone.

 

 

"Hyung? Are you okay?" Jongin answered frantically. Not the usual hello when someone's calling you. But Kyungsoo told him he waned to rest. Then if the older called him, he was sure that something happened.

 

"Y-yeah. I just--"

 

"Are you crying?! Hyung what hapened?" Jongin jolted from his sleeping position. He hopped from his bed and grabbed his coat and went out of his room.

 

"N-no. I was just--"

 

"Stop lying. Its obvious that you are. What happened? Want me to come?" Jongin went downstairs and ready to go out. He needs to make sure that Kyungsoo was alright. He was the only one knew what happened.

 

"No. C-can. Can I come instead?" Kyungsoo whispered shyly on the phone.

 

"Yes. Of course. I'm going to pick you up."

 

"Its okay. I'll be there after five minutes."

 

"Okay. Be careful on the road."

 

Jogin waited patiently on their gate. When he saw a small figure approaching, he opened it and meet the smaller boy half way. Kyungsoo was only wearing a shirt and his sweat pants. Never bothered to change.

 

Jongin covered him with coat that he was wearing and lead the boy inside his house. He did not miss how Kyungsoo's face puffed and his eyes were swollen from crying.

 

"Hyung. What happened?" He asked softly and carefully. They settled in the living room on the couch.

 

Kyungsoo lowered his head and shook it.

 

Jongin sighed. "Kyung. I don't know how to comfort you when I don't know what happened."

 

"Hug me." Kyungsoo said simply. Short. Direct.

 

And the younger complied. He hugged Kyungsoo and the latter rest his head on Jongin's shoulder and sobbed quietly. Jongin knew. But he let the older. He rubbed Kyungsoo's back to ease the pain. Whispering sweet promises.

 

When he heard nothing from Kyungsoo, he new that he fell asleep. He removed Kyungsoo's head away from his shoulder, slowly not to wake up the other.

 

Even in his sleep. Kyungsoo is beautiful. He hoisted up Kyungsoo bridal style and brought him in his room and gently laid the boy on his bed.

 

Kyungsoo stirred awake at the comfortable softness he was on.

 

"Sorry. Did I wake you up?" Obviously. Jongin subconscious answered him.

 

But Kyungsoo shook his head and gave Jongin a small smile.

 

"You can sleep here." Jongin said.

 

Kyungsoo saw Jongin's retreated back and turned off the light. Jongin then grabbed something in his closet. He splayed the dark blue sleeping bag on the floor and got in.

 

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin quietly. He felt bad. He was the one who crashed in Jongin's house, now he was the one who sleeps comfortably on Jongin's queen sized bed.

 

It will fit both of them. But Kyungsoo was shy to asked that. Instead, he suggest that Jongin can have his bed and he can just sleep in the sleeping bag, which Jongin refused and ignored.

 

"You can sleep there hyung. I don't mind." Jongin sat up and watch Kyungsoo lying on his bed. Blanket was tucked on his shoulder level and eyes fixated on Jongin's.

 

"But its your bed." Kyungsoo countered. Not leaving Jongin's eyes to make his point.

 

"I know. And its okay. You're a guest."

 

"But its cold there." Kyungsoo pointed the floor where he spread the sleeping bag.

 

"You won't mind sleeping with me?" Jongin asked.

 

Kyungsoo widedned his eyes in shock at the younger's choice of words.

 

Jongin realized what he just said and panicked.

 

"No. That's not what I meant. I was just asking if you are okay with me sleeping beside you. Not doing anything. Hyung. You get me right?" Jongin's eyes pleaded looking straight at Kyungsoo's. Begging that the older understood what he really meant.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled a little and nodded. Jongin let out a sigh of relief.

 

"It's okay Jongin. Besides, its yours."

 

They sleep on their back, face facing the ceiling and there was a polite gap between them.

 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Jongin started. He knew that Kyungsoo was still awake because even it was dark, he can feel that Kyungsoo's eyes were wide open and it was digging on the ceiling.

 

"I'm not sure."

 

"Oh. That's okay. If you want to talk about it I just want you to know that I am here to listen." Jongin said and glanced at Kyungsoo. The latter did the same.

 

They were looking at each other in the the dark. Jongin admired Kyungsoo's face that was illuminated by the light coming from his window.

 

The moon shines brightly at Kyungsoo's face that it looks ethereal. He didn't expect that they will be this close. That Kyungsoo will sleep on his bed. Beside him. That if he wants, he can touch the boy. But he wouldn't dare.

 

Jongin respected Kyungsoo so much. And in the older's state, Jongin doesn't have the audacity to do thing's to Kyungsoo. He wanted to hold the shorter one in his arms. To tell him that it will be okay. That everything's going to be fine.

 

He was not the one to talk, cause he doesn't know what was happening right now. What was running in Kyungsoo's mind that caused him to cry so much. He wanted to kiss those teras away. He doesn't want Kyungsoo to be sad.

 

But Jongin had an idea of what's happening. He was sure that it was something related to Hyunsik. That jerk cheated. He cheated Jongin's angel. His baby.

 

It was easy for that guy to treat his precious man that way. He has the audacity to cheat on him when he wants to make sure that Kyungsoo will be happy everyday.

 

He let Hyunsik have Kyungsoo cause he was a coward. And by the way it looks like, prior to Hyunsik's cheating, the boy surely loved Kyungsoo. The way he acts to the other. The way he kissed Kyungsoo in public when he thinks that nobody's looking says it all.

 

Maybe Jongin was wrong. Oh so wrong. Because what is happening right now is behind his expectation.

 

Now. He wants Kyungsoo to feel love. To be safe. To be trapped in his arms and never let go. He needs to make sure that Kyungsoo will not cry anymore. He will do anything to make his angel smile again. To be happy.

 

Because of that thought, Jongin suddenly moved closer to Kyungsoo and wrapped his arm to the shorter's waist and spooned Kyungsoo so that his head will be burry in the crook of his neck. 

 

He was surprised the other did not budge when he did that. He just let him do it. He protectively tightened his hug, but not to the point to hurt Kyungsoo. He just want him to feel that he's always there for him.

 

He rubbed Kyungsoo's back. A gesture to comfort the shorter one. He whispered sweet promises for Kyungsoo to hold.

 

"Jongin." Kyungsoo whispered inaudibly, but enough for Jongin to hear.

 

"Hmm?" Jongin hummed in response. Not retracting the contact that he was doing. still caressing Kyungsoo's back.

 

"Thank you." Kyungsoo looked up this time to check Jongin's face. Jongin sure was pretty. His face looks innocent and pure of honesty.

 

Jongin smiled at him carfully and kissed his temple. Kyungsoo returned the smile and snuggled closer to the younger. Enjoying the scent that was coming from Jongin. It smells like vanilla. Kyungsoo smiled at the thought.

 

He wondered why Jongin is still single. With a face like that, not to mention he is also sweet, kind, and a gentleman.

 

Kyungsoo then remembered their conversation in the park.

 

"Jongin." He mumbled against the younger's neck. "Are you sleeping?"

 

"No. Why?"

 

"Do you...You've mentioned that you like someone. What is the reason why you backed out?"

 

"I told you. I was coward that time."

 

"And you still are?" Kyungsoo backed away a little to see Jongin's expression. A smile plastered on the younger's face. Not a mocking one. Almost an amused kind of smile.

 

"What are you getting into this?" Jongin smile grew wider and Kyungsoo restrained himself from scowling. He was asking a serious question but what he got was another question.

 

"Nothing. Just curious."

 

"Curious of what?"

 

"Curious of what the person you have a crush on looks like." Kyungsoo said as brusquely as possible. Not tearing an eye contact with the younger.

 

"Oh...Hmmm." Jongin pretended to think. "First of, he is a guy." He turned from his side to his back. Face facing the ceiling.

 

Kyungsoo's head was still on his shoulder. Leaning. Jongin smiled while thinking how to describe Kyungsoo.

 

"He is beautiful..."He started "...short, has a fair skin, funny, I enjoy his company, he is talkative, he is cute when he is pouting, he is squishy when he is scowling... He is perfect." He then faced Kyungsoo. "But right now he is sad. I don't know why. I want to help him. I want him to be happy. To smile. The way his lips curve is perfect. I want him to stay that way." Jongin sighed dreamily, which caused Kyungsoo's brows knitted. Was he jealous?  "He is an angel when he is smiling." When Jongin noticed Kyungsoo's expression changed, he chuckled internally.

 

Kyungsoo didn't comment. Didn't say a thing. The way Jongin described his crush, as the younger mentioned, the guy is perfect. He is perfect for Jongin. But what is the problem why Jongin didn't give a shot to that boy? He was sure that the person will never say no.

 

Just like the guy Jongin has a crush on, Jongin, too, is perfect. They will be a perfect couple.

 

As that thought, Kyungsoo's stomach churned abnormally. His heart was clutched in his chest. He doesn't know why. Well, he had an idea, but won't admit it. Its impossible.

 

"Then why don't you try it again? To ask him out, I mean." Kyungsoo said as nonchalant as he can. Like it was not a big deal. But deep inside, he doesn't want Jongin to ask the other out. What if suddenly that boy accept Jongin? Then he will left alone again.

 

Kyungsoo doesn't want to be selfish, but he doesn't want Jongin to be with someone else.

 

He remembered Jongin confessed to him.And he did the same. Was the younger playing with him earlier? Was he making fun of him?

 

Then his blood boiled because of that thought. His heartbeat became faster. Kyungsoo was mad. But he calmed himself. Jongin can like whoever he wants. But he cannot just say he likes him then in his heart he likes someone who is oh so perfect.

 

Jongin didn't answer his question. Kyungsoo didn't bother to repaeat it. He doesn't want to hear the younger's answer anyway.

 

 

He turned around. His back facing Jongin and moved away a little.

 

Jongin knew something's wrong. Was it because he did not answer Kyungsoo? Does Kyungsoo has an idea that he was the one that Jongin was describing awhile ago?

 

The frown on Jongin's face remain because of Kyungsoo's action.

 

"Kyungsoo?" Jongin called his name softly.

 

No answer.

 

"Are you sleeping?"

 

Still.

 

Kyungsoo heard Jongin sighed and he felt the chest of Jongin on his back. He was spooned by Jongin again and suddenly, the younger's arm s on his waist and reached his hand to intertwine their fingers.

 

What are you doing to me Jongin. Kyungsoo thought.

 

Jongin was holding him. Like he was his life support.

 

"Good night, hyung." Then he kissed Kyungsoo's crown and he felt himself drifting off to sleep.

 

-------------------------------

A/N:

 

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!!!

 

BTW, DID YOU HEAR THE DECEMBER 2014 WINTER'S TALE? BY EXO? FUDGE! KYUNGSOO'S VOICE WAS ! I DUNNO WHAT I AM SAYING, BUT GUYS, I ORDERED MY COPY AND EXCITED TO RECEIVE IT. HEUHEU! AND ITS THE SPECIAL EDITION. WITHE POSTCARDS!!!! KYAAAAA~!!!

 

I DON'T HAVE MONEY RIGHT NOW. JUST SHARING. CAUSE YOU KNOW, THE SMENT RELEASED LOTS OF EXO MERCH. I ALSO BOUGHT THE SEASON'S GREETING. IT HAS TWO VERSIONS. I'M GONNA DIE. CHINA AND GLOBAL! I ALSO BOUGHT A COPY. LOL.

 

NOT ONLY THAT, THEY ARE ALSO THE COVER OF THE CELEBRITY MAGAZINE. ALSO, THEY RELEASED A PHOTOBOOK, RATHER THEY WILL RELEASE A PHOTOBOOK ON THE 29th OF DECEMBER. ITS THEIR CONCERT PHOTOBOOK. JUST A PHOTOBOOK GUYS! SMENT SHOULD INCLUDE THE DVD. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.

 

BUT OF COURSE, I'M SURE THEY WILL RELEASE IT NEXT TIME, TO GAIN MORE MONEY! HEOL!

 

I'M EXCITED FOR THEIR COMBACK NEXT YEAR!  I CAN'T WAIT. DID YOU SEE THE TEASER? IN MY OWN OPINION, THE TWO BALLS THAT WAS LEFT INSIDE THE MAZE WAS LUHAN AND KRIS. DON'T YOU THINK? ITS OBVIOUS. HAHAH

 

WELL, I'LL END IT HERE. I KNOW I SPAZZ A LOT. I JUST DON'T HAVE SOMEONE TO TALK TO WHEN IT COMES TO EXO. :)

BYE BYE!!!!^^