Chapter 5

Secret Valentine

They arrived at Jongin's neighborhood in no time by ridding a bus. Walked hand in hand. Not breaking the contact. No one bothered to say anything until Kyungsoo spoke,

 

"I live in this neighborhood. I didn't know you live here too." He looked up to meet Jongin's eyes. He smiled at the younger. Careful. Not too happy, but not showing any sadness.

 

"Really?!" Jongin shouted animatedly upon hearing it. "I didn't know we are close to each other. Why I didn't see you in the bus?" The younger wondered.

 

Kyungsoo laughed at Jongin. Hands still holding with each other, like they've done it forever. It feels natural for them.

 

"We just moved here recently, mabe.... 5 months ago?" Kyungsoo was not sure when did they move. He was not paying attention to the days anyway. "...and, the jerk always picked me up to school. That is why we didn't get a chance to bump each other on the bus." He said looking at the pavement.

 

Jongin knows that the jerk Kyungsoo meant was Hyunsik. And wait, didn't get a chance? Why does that sentence sounds so off? Jongin thought. He shrugged. Does he want to see Jongin?

 

"We're here." He pointed at his house.

 

Jongin opened the gate. Kyungsoo pouted like a child when Jongin detached his hands to open the gate. But then recovered when Jongin grabbed his wrist to enter the house.

 

"Mom!! We are here." Jongin shouted at the door. They took off their shoes and wore a house slippers. Kyungsoo was nervous to meet Jongin's mom. This is the first time he went to the younger's house, let alone meet his mom. What will he do?

 

He felt agitated as he heard a foot steps nearing them.

 

"Oh. Jongin-a. You're home? Who's this?" She pointed Kyungsoo and its like she's in a rush. She was combing her hair at the same time wearing her sandals.

 

"This is Kyungsoo. My friend." Kyungsoo bowed at Jongin's mom. She looks like Jongin. She has a long hair and a y figure. No wonder Jongin looks attractive. He got it from his mom. Kyungsoo thought. "Are you going somewhere mom?" Jongin inquired.

 

"Nice to meet you dear." She patted Kyungsoo's shoulder. "I'm sorry I can't formally introduce my self I'm going to work." She looked at Kyungsoo sadly. "Yes baby, the hospital called me and they needed me there. So I will not be home tonight. The food is in the fridge. Just heat it in the microwave okay."

 

Jongin nodded. Her mom's phone rang.

 

"I really need to go." She kissed Jongin's cheeks and smiled at Kyungsoo once more then strutted outside.

 

"Take care mom." He waved at his mother's back.

 

Silence welcomed them as they entered at the living room. "So yeah. That was my mom." Jongin said shyly. Rubbing his hand on the back of his neck. Kyungsoo doesn't know what to do, so he nodded awkwardly.

 

"Ummm... What do you want to do? You want to watch movie, play video games....or what?" Jongin suggested as he motioned the older to sit on the large, comfortable couch.

 

"Anything Jongin." Kyungsoo was focused on the large tv in his front. Not meeting the younger's eyes.

 

"I'll get us somethig to eat first." Jongin sprinted out the living and went to the kitchen. Once he saw that Kyungsoo was nowhere to his sight he let out a heavy breath.

 

"Phew. Why suddenly it gets awkward?" He muttered to himself.

 

He searched their cupboard and checked for something that they can eat. He saw a Doritos and grabbed it. He remembered his conversation with Kyungsoo that the other loves nachos. He then grabbed a can of coke, for him, and sprite, for Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo prefer cider than cola. Jongin took note at that little details.

 

He went back to the living room. Kyungsoo was playing something on his phone. He forgot to turn on the tv. He mentally smacked himself.

 

"Hey. I have Doritos and drinks. Hope you don't mind." He placed the snacks on the center table and joined Kyungsoo on the couch. Kyungsoo put away his phone and smiled at Jongin awkwardly. "Thats okay." He said to the younger.

 

"So what do you want to do first? Movie?" Jongin asked.

 

"Movie is fine."

 

Jongin looked for a comedy movie. To break the awkward tension that surrounded them. He saw the White Chicks. He grinned, cause dude, that movie was hilarious.

 

They watched it together. The bowl of Doritos was on Kyungsoo's lap, legs crosses and a throw pillow serves as tray for the bowl of junkfood. They laughed, and Kyungsoo noticed that Jongin has a habit of punching when he was laughing so hard. He find it cute. He can feel that Jongin restraining himself for punching Kyungsoo's arm.

 

Jongin spared a glance at Kyungsoo's direction. Oh how much he loved that smile. Those heart shaped lips. It looks plump and soft. He wondered how will it feels on his lips.

 

He stared to it a little too long and the lips suddenly moved.

 

"Jongin?"

 

And he can hear that those lips were calling his name. It sounds y.

 

"Jongin?"

 

There. Again. How that lips form when it mentioned his name. His name? The lips called his name?

 

"Earth to Jongin!" Kyungsoo shouted. Jongin was spacing out. And he was looking at his lips!

 

Jongin shooked his head and looked at Kyungsoo. The latter was staring at him. Face was red.

 

"W..what?"

 

"Its finished." Kyungsoo pointed at the screen and the names of the characters were parading.

 

"Oh..." He got up and turned off the television.

 

"Soooo." Jongin started as the silence encircled them again. "Do you want to stay for dinner?"

 

"No its okay Jongin I-" Jongin interrupted him.

 

"I insist." He gave Kyungsoo a look.

 

The elder smiled and sighed. "Okay."

 

Jongin's lips twitched upward.

 

He prepared their dinner. He reheated the food that his mom prepared. It was pork and chicken barbecue that was covered with its own sauce and was grilled.

 

Kyungsoo helped him prepared. He arranged the table. Asked Jongin where are the utensils and placed in on the place mat.

 

Jongin was waiting for the microwave for their food but his mind was away. He can't keep thinking about Kyungsoo's lips. How plump it was and its pink. He want to lavish them with kisses. He want to bruised it to make it purplish. Okay. He was insane. He shook his head and didn't hear that the microwaved stopped.

 

Kyungsoo pushed him aside and grabbed their dinner.

 

"You're spacing out again." Kyungsoo laughed as he set down the food.

 

Jongin sighed. He is crazy. Crazy for Kyungsoo. His subconscious answered him.

 

They ate in silence until Kyungsoo opened a topic. It was about the movie that they watched. Jongin smiled at how Kyungsoo formed a words and how his lips moved. He nodded at whatever Kyungsoo was saying. It looks like Kyungsoo did not break his relationship with Hyunsik. It looks like it never happened. He was talking like everything was okay. Was it really?

 

After their dinner Kyungsoo offered to wash the dishes. Jongin didn't let him. Jongin said that he was a guest but Kyungsoo countered that its the least that he can do. Jongin ignored him and pushed Kyungsoo outside the kitchen.

 

Once done, he joined Kyungsoo on the couch. "Wants to play video game?"

 

Kyungsoo nodded.

 

They played mortal combat. Kyungsoo always losses and Jongin patted his arms and said it was okay. He was mocking Kyungsoo and the older scowled at him. Jongin stopped himself for pinching those cheeks or kissing those pouting lips.

 

He can't get over Kyungsoo's lips. It was haunting him. They were alone. No parents around. It was a Friday night and oh God. What is the connection when its Friday? None. He groaned mentally.

 

Kyungsoo on the other hand was crept out. Jongin was acting weird. He looks distant. Should he ask him? But what will he ask? The younger was spacing out most of the time. It started when they were watching a movie. But why? It was a comedy, gosh! I should just ask him. Kyungsoo decided.

 

"Hey Jongin? Are you okay? You look distracted. Somethings bothering you?" Kyungsoo asked hesitantly.

 

"H..huh? No. No." Jongin shook his head in denial and continue playing the video game.

 

"Are you sure? You were spacing out most of the time." Kyungsoo didn't believe at Jongin, saying that he was okay. He pushed the subject. He unconsciously rubbed the younger's arm. Like he was petting him.

 

"Yeah. I'm sure hyung. Don't worry about me." Jongin beamed at him. He felt the Jongin's body stiffened at his simple gesture.

 

"Oookay." He detached his hands away and Jongin let out a heavy breath. What's wrong with Jongin? He thought as he studying the other secretly. Jongin was playing alone, vs. the computer, cause Kyungsoo is not the best player.

 

Jongin tried to focus on the game, but his mind was still thinking about the lips of someone, someone named Kyungsoo. He knows that he will think about it when he go to sleep. It will haunt him if he can't kiss those tempting lips. He glanced at Kyungsoo's direction and maybe it was a wrong tyming. As he glanced at the other, Kyungsoo his bottom lip. Wetting them for some reason. He was watching how Jongin K.O-ed the computer. Jongin wasn't aware that he won.

 

"Waaah! You really are good at this game Jongin." Kyungsoo hooted as he gave Jongin an eye smile and flaunted his heart shaped lips when he smiles.

 

Jongin's ears were blocked. It looks like Kyungsoo was talking on mute. He looks at Kyungsoo intently in the eyes. He was going to do it.

 

"Hyung." He audibly said. His voice was serious.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Stay still." He needs to do it.

 

"What? Why?" Kyungsoo panicked a little. Jongin was acting weird.

 

"Just....Don't move." Jongin leaned closer.

 

"W..what are you doing Jongin?" Kyungsoo's eyes was focused on Jongin as the younger moved closer.

 

Kyungsoo's heart was beating so fast. He knew what will happen. He has an idea. But why?

 

"I just need to do this."

 

"To do what?" Kyungsoo asked innocently.

 

Faces were closer to each other. Inches apart.

 

"To kiss you." Jongin whispered. Breath was ghosting on Kyungsoo's face.

 

"Why?" Kyungsoo mumbled at his uneven breath.

 

"I don't know." Jongin cupped Kyungsoo's face. Rubbed his thumbs against that soft skin. "Tell me to stop."

 

Kyungsoo didn't make any action to stop Jongin. He just let him to do what he wants. Because deep inside, Kyungsoo wants it to happen. He closed his eyes as the younger fondled his cheek. He can feel the tip of Jongin's nose touching his skin. He waits for that soft looking lips to touch his.

 

Then it came. Jongin's lips were on his. It moves slowly. Shyly. Hesitantly. His lips stayed frozen. Letting Jongin to do the action. But he knew that he needs to move cause Jongin may take it in the wrong way. Jongin may think that he don't like it. Who was he kidding? He like how Jongin moved his lips against his own.

 

He gripped his hands on his lap. Oh it. He cursed mentally. Kyungsoo hold Jongin on his neck and returned the kiss. Their lips moved in sync. He can feel that Jongin smiled under their kiss. It was an innocent one. No tongue. Just lips against lips.

 

Both of them felt it. The feeling that they are longing for. They knew that it was more than a kiss. Jongin put all his feelings to that kiss and Kyungsoo felt it. He doesn't understand. Jongin is just a friend, but the kiss...the kiss was simple but its amazing. He was not expecting that kissing Jongin felt that good. He doesn't want to let go.

 

Jongin broke the kiss. He looked at Kyungsoo. He was all red. Maybe out of breath. Then Kyungsoo looks away. He felt a slight trepidation when Kyungsoo did that. He grabbed his chin and turned it towards him. He scanned the older's face to see if he was disgusted, angry, or even furious. But no trace of displeasure.

 

Kyungsoo looks shy. He can't look at the younger in the eyes. But Jongin was holding his chin. He was studying his face. He blushed at how close they were. He knows that his face was covered in the deepest shade of red. He doesn't know what to do, he can't close his eyes, because Jongin will think that he wants a second round. He can't also look at the younger in the lips, cause it will tell the same thing. In the nose? Yes, in the nose. But, what will he think if he look him in the nose? Nothing. Okay. So the nose it is.

 

Jongin tilted Kyungsoo's chin upward to meet his eyes. His hyung was avoiding him. Shy, maybe?

 

"Hyung."

 

Kyungsoo hummed.

 

"You're face is red." He teased Kyungsoo. The latter punched him plafully and removed his face from the younger's hold.

 

"You're unbelievable." Kyungsoo commented.

 

Jongin laughed hard as he saw Kyungsoo frowned. He teased Kyungsoo to lighten the mood.

 

As his laugh faded, they sat there in an eerie silence. They knew that they need to talk about what happened. But they didn't know what to say. Jongin the tv once again and watched random shows. It doesn't matter, they're not paying attention to it anyway. They just need something to kill the silence.

 

Jongin lie down on the couch, head on Kyungsoo's lap. Kyungsoo doesn't know if he will be pleased cause Jongin didn't mention about the kiss or annoyed cause he didn't explain why he did that?

 

For now, he will choose the first option. Because even him wasn't sure how to respond if Jongin asked him about it. He settled on Jongin's hair and Jongin was facing the tv. Like a silent agreement, both didn't bring it up. Next time maybe.

 

"Hyung?"

 

Or now.

 

"Yes Jongin?"

 

Jongin turned his head and looked up to Kyungsoo. They stared at each other for a moment. Jongin reached Kyungsoo's face and caressed it. Unconsciously, Kyungsoo leaned at his touch.

 

"About what happened-" Jongin muttered softly. Like he was contemplating if he will mention it or not. But of course he knew that needs to. He removed his hand from Kyungsoo's cheek and grabbed Kyungsoo's palm and pressed it against his cheek. He wants Kyungsoo to brush his hand to his cheek. Because it will give him confident, or maybe assurance too.

 

Kyungsoo gets what the younger want him to do, so he moved his thumb lovingly against Jongin's cheek. Jongin let out a contented sigh.

 

"...I hope you do not look me any different hyung. The way I acted, its just... I don't know. You just broke up with...him-" He didn't mention the name "...I know its wrong to kiss you but... It felt so right." Jongin's face went crimson. Kyungsoo's thumb halted as the Jongin's speaks. Jongin noticed it and he felt disappointed. That Kyungsoo was mad cause he did not show any emotion. His looks was fixated on Jongin. Like he was telling the other that he needs a valid reason why he did that.

 

Jongin doesn't know why. He just suddenly felt the urge to kiss Kyungsoo. That absurd, yes, but what can he do? How can he explain that he kissed Kyungsoo cause he felt like it? He'll get a slap or worse if he said that.

 

"Hyung... Are you mad at me?"

 

Kyungsoo didn't answer.

 

Jongin sighed.

 

"I don't know if its the right time but... Hyung I... I really like you." He looked at the other intently. Blushed tinted on his cheeks. He sat up and faced Kyungsoo.

 

"Jongin I..." Kyungsoo shied his eyes away from the younger. Jongin just confessed at him. He just broke up for God's sake. He likes Jongin, yes. But he doesn't want Jongin to look like he's just a rebound.

 

"Don't." Jongin stopped him. "I don't expect you to feel the same I just... I just want to tell you how I feel about you."

 

Jongin can feel the heat creeping on his face. He didn't expect that he'll confess. Its true what he said. He just want Kyungsoo to know what he feels about him. He knows that Kyungsoo doesn't feel the same but at least, he felt some thorns that was pinned on his heart was removed. He can breath properly and it feels good.

 

"Don't take it in a wrong way Jongin. I...I like you too its just..."

 

"I know. I understand. You just broke up and you still love him and-wait what? You...you like me too?" Jongin was shocked. Did he hear it right? Kyungsoo? Do Kyungsoo said that he like him? Kim Jongin? He can't believe it. His mind must be playing games on him.

 

"Yes. I like you too. Don't make me repeat my self." Kyungsoo whined a liitle. Cause gosh, it was so embarrassing. After your break up, you confessed to your crush. Its just not right. "But I'm not ready to be in a relationship again. I need time to think about these predicaments." Kyungsoo was fiddling his thumbs. Put all his attention to his fingers.

 

"I get it hyung. Don't worry. I won't push you into something that you don't want."

 

"No!" Kyungsoo shouted a little and cleared his throat immediately. Jongin widened his eyes at Kyungsoo. The latter grabbed Jongin's hand and played with the younger's fingers. Caressing it lovingly. "Its not what I meant. You don't get it." He sighed then continued. "Its not that I don't what to be with you. I want to. But not now. Someday Jongin. But not now."

 

Jongin nodded in understanding.

 

They watched another movie and they are now comfortable with each other. Like the confession never happened. Its getting late and Kyungsoo bid Jongin goodbye. Jongin told Kyungsoo that he can accompany him home, but Kyungsoo rejected it.

 

He told Jongin that he can go home by himself and besides, he live in this neighborhood, so its okay. Its only three blocks away. Jongin protested but Kyungsoo ignored him.

 

"Bye Jongin." Kyungsoo said in monotone cause Jongin's insisting. He wore his shoes and opened the door. Jongin see him out to the gate.

 

Kyungsoo smiled for the last time and walk. But before he can do that, Jongin pulled his wrist and turned his face towards him and steal a kiss on the cheek. Kyungsoo was stunned on his spot.

 

"Good night hyung." Jongin then closed the gate and sprinted inside his house and closed the door and locked it.

 

He peeked on his window and saw Kyungsoo, who was touching his cheeks that has been kissed. The older walked slowly until Jongin cannot see his figure...even his shadow.

 

~*~*~*~*~*

 

A/N:

 

LATE UPDATE IS LATE. NO NEED TO DENY IT. BUT THERE. NEW CHAPTER IS OUT AND I CAN FEEL THE END OF THIS STORY. IMAGINE? THIS FIC IS SUPPOSED TO BE A ONE SHOT, BUT SEE, I AM ON THE CHAPTER FIVE. :3 ITS GREAT RIGHT? NYAAA~ BUT ENJOY THIS FIC LOVELIES.

 

AND PLEASE READ MY OTHER STORIES:

 

 
 
 
 
AND JEBAL CHINGUDEUL, DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND UPVOTE!!! ARASSEOYO? KEUREOM, GOMAWOYO. SARANGHAEYO YEOROBEUN!♥