Chapter 2

Secret Valentine

 

Jongin was lying on his bed that night. He keeps on repeating what happened in lunch. He knows that Kyungsoo has a boyfriend but never expected that he will be seeing them that close.

 

It breaks his heart. His best friend Baekhyun knows about his feelings for Kyungsoo. Baekhyun stopped him many times because he will just hurt himself.

 

Jongin, very persistent, didn't listen to Baekhyun's advice.

 

"I can't Baek. I know I look pathetic doing that but it makes me happy. That is the only way I can convey my feelings."

 

"Whatever Jongin. You know what you're doing. Just....don't hurt yourself please."  Baekhyun pleaded.

 

He remembered the day he first met Kyungsoo. It was the time that Chanyeol asked him about Baekhyun.

 

Flashback

 

Jongin had a practice that day. Him and Baekhyun were always together. They went to school together, went home together, hang out together. Basically, they do all things together, cause they're best friends.

 

That day, on the upper part of the bench, in the gym, on the right side, Jongin knows that that was Baekhyun's spot. Baekhyun always waiting for Jongin until the younger's practice was over. But what caught Jongin's eyes that day was a boy, about Baekhyun's height, watching their practice.

 

The boy has a doe eyes, white complexion, black hair that some of his bangs covering his eyes, cute nose and full lips. His heart stopped beating when he saw the boy smiled.

 

He thought that he was the most beautiful person he had ever seen in his entire life. He keeps it to himself, he will not tell it to his bestfriend cause he will become hysterical. He wants to be the only one to be called beautiful or pretty by Jongin.

 

He looked at the direction of the boy's gaze and it was directed to Chanyeol. Is he Chanyeol's boyfriend? He asked himself in the middle of practice.

 

"Ouch!" He groaned when the ball hit his head.

 

Their coach whistled. "Jongin! Focus."

 

He scratched his head on the spot where he got hit.

 

His other teammates laughed at him. He even saw Baekhyun smirking at him.

 

He glanced at the boy's direction and he was looking at him wide eyes. Maybe in shock? He can't tell.

 

Same day, after practice, in the locker, Chanyeol asked Jongin about Baekhyun. He asked Jongin if he was his boyfriend or what. Jongin told him that he was his best friend. The giant beamed at Jongin and without any second thought, he told Jongin that he was interested in Baekhyun for a long time now. He said that Baekhyun was pretty and he wanted to date him before but didn't get any balls to ask Jongin about it and he thought that Jongin and Baekhyun were together. But now that it was confirmed that their only best friend, he wanted Baekhyun to be his boyfriend.

 

Jongin thought for a second. He just saw how the boy looked at Chanyeol in their practice. Was he seeing it in the wrong way? He was sure that the boy was looking at Chanyeol. Or maybe the boy likes Chanyeol, a one sided love? A stalker? Possible. Chanyeol is tall, a part of basketball team, and good looking.

 

He sighed mentally.What a waste. The guy was cute though.

 

Why was he thinking about that? His hyung asked him about his bestfriend. He must be crazy.

 

Jongin was hesitant to introduce Baekhyun to Chanyeol, even though he knows that Chanyeol was a nice guy, he was just over protective with Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun was his best friend since they were little. Baekhyun always supports him even in his stupid decision, Baekhyun never disappoints him or leaves him. He can trust Baekhyun to the point that he will tell the other his deepest, darkest secret if he has.

 

Even if he feels reluctant, he promised Chanyeol to introduced him to Baekhyun. He told himself that it was not his decision to make if Chanyeol make a move to Baekhyun, its still Baekhyun's.

 

 

As they walked out in the locker room, Baekhyun was waiting Jongin outside. Chanyeol was behind him and gave Baekhyun a small nod as a greeting. The other gave him a blank face.

 

"What is wrong with you back there?" Baekhyun punched him playfully as they were walking.

 

"Nothing." was all he said.

 

He can't get off his mind to the boy that he saw a while ago. He scanned the gym for a familiar face that was caught his attention.

 

"Hyung. Did you see the guy that was on the bench before? He was in front of you." Jongin asked hopeful.

 

"Do Kyungsoo? Yes. Why?"

 

"Nothing. How did you know him?"

 

"We were classmates last year in this one subject. I forgot what was it though." Baekhyun looks like he was thinking. Trying to remember what was that subject.

 

"Why? Are you interested in him?"

 

"No." Jongin shrugged.

 

Baekhyun looked at Jongin, narrowing his eyes, looking for something unusual on Jongin's face.

 

"Kyungsoo~" Jongin's heart skipped a beat as he heard the familiar name.

 

It was Chanyeol, who threw his arms around Kyungsoo's shoulder who pouts as Chanyeol playfully strangle him and Kyungsoo elbowed the other.

 

So he was right. Kyungsoo was staring at Chanyeol awhile ago. What's their relationship? Are they together? But why was Chanyeol asked him about his bestfriend? Was he cheating on Kyungsoo? His train of thought was cut off when Baekhyun nudged him on the side.

 

"What were you thinking? You look distant." Baekhyun inquired.

 

Jongin shrugged.

 

They had a sleepover at Baekhyun's house on Friday. Since tomorrow is Saturday, they were allowed by their parents to sleep over. Besides, Jongin is living three blocks away.

 

"Hyung? What do you think about Chanyeol?" Jongin asked out of the blue as they were watching movie inside Baekhyun's room.

 

"Park Chanyeol? The one with a creepy smile?"

 

Jongin laughed at the comment. "Yup. The one and only." still laughing.

 

"What about him?" As he drinking his soda.

 

"He likes you." Jongin said nonchalantly.

 

Baekhyun choked at his soda that he was drinking. He was coughing and Jongin chuckled maniacally at his bestfriend's reaction. He rubbed the shorter's back.

 

Baekhyun's eyes widened and looked at him. "No !"

 

"Yeah. He just told me the other day in the locker room."

 

"So what did you say?"

 

"I told him that I will introduce you two."

 

Baekhyun slapped the younger. "What the hell?!"

 

"Ouch!" Jongin winced in pain, rubbing his arm.


 "Why? You don't like him?"

 

"It's not like that."

 

"So you like him." Jongin said bluntly.

 

"It's not like that either."

 

"Then what is?"

 

"I don't know."

 

Their conversation stopped at that. Their attention was focused on the movie that they're watching.

 

"Hyung?" Jongin called Baekhyun's name softly this time. You can tell the seriousness in his voice. The other hummed in response.

 

"I think I like Kyungsoo." He stated without hesitation.

 

Baekhyun whipped his head to look at Jongin. Eyes widen in shock.

 

"Kyungsoo? As in Do Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun confirmed.

 

Jongin nodded. Not looking at Baekhyun. Still focusing on the TV.

 

"I keep thinking about him this past few days."

 

"So? What are you planning to do?"

 

Jongin shrugged. "I don't know."

 

"Do you know each other?"

 

"I know him. But I don't know if he knows me."

 

"He's Chanyeol's friend right? Why don't you ask Chanyeol?"

 

"I don't want to."

 

"Why's that?"

 

"I don't need Chanyeol's help."

 

Baekhyun slapped the other for the nth time.

 

"Hyung!" Jongin whined.

 

"So what? You'll just look at him from afar? You're not going to confess?"

 

Jongin was quiet for a moment. Baekhyun knew that Jongin was thinking.

 

"I'm going to write him a letter." Jongin said seriously.

 

"What the hell?!" Baekhyun cracked a laugh. "A letter? What are you, a high school girl?" Baekhyun laughed loudly.

 

"I don't know. I think that's sweet. Don't you think?"

 

"Depends."

 

Since then, Jongin started writing Kyungsoo a letter everyday. He love seeing Kyungsoo blushing wh reading his letters or messages on his locker.

 

One day it bothered him when he saw Kyungsoo with a senior. He learned that the name was Hyunsik. They seem friends. Jongin doesn't know why. Hyunsik just popped up in the picture. Where did he come from?

 

Everyday when he saw Kyungsoo and Hyunsik together he feels down. When Baekhyun caught his eyes, he will gave Jongin a I-told-you-so look. Jongin just rolled his eyes and say "They're just friend." But Baekhyun rebbutted "For now."

 

Jongin thought that maybe he chose the wrong decision to introduce his bestfriend to Chanyeol. Because right now, instead of Chanyeol being with Kyungsoo, he's in Jongin's table and now Kyungsoo was left alone with Hyunsik. This not right. Its a wrong move.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were engrossed in their conversation and Jongin feels like his a thirdwheel. He ate is lunch quietly. He glanced at Baekhyun's direction and the other gave him a look and then motioning his head at Chanyeol's. He knew what Baekhyun was saying. He wants Jongin to ask Chanyeol about the relationship of Hyunsik and Kyungsoo. Jongin just shooked his head.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and asked himself. "Park, why are you not sitting with Kyungsoo?" That time, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were not together.

 

"Because I want to sit here with you guys. And besides, his with Hyunsik." He said blase.

 

"Are they together?" Baekhyun probed. Jongin looked inquisitive on his seat. Waiting for the giant to answer his question that was unspoken, but thanks to his bestfriend for voicing it out.

 

"I don't think so. They're just friends."

 

Jongin sighed in relief.

 

It's been two months now that Hyunsik and Kyungsoo are always together. Chanyeol always verified and said that they were just friends. Baekhyun asked if he was sure. Chanyeol always said yes, because he said, that if they were together, he would be the first one to know. Chanyeol asked Baekhyun why is he asking that. Baekhyun, like an evasive he is, never answered why. Jongin will throw him a fit.

 

That time, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were now a couple. Baekhyun was the one who tell Jongin about the status of Kyungsoo and Hyunsik. Since Chanyeol and Baekhyun became boyfriends, Jongin started to avoid them. He doesn't want to witness their lovey-dovey moments.

 

There was this time that Baekhyun persuade Jongin to eat with them in lunch. Jongin agreed.

 

They were eating on their usual table, all seems normal. But there was this boy, Chanyeol said that the name was Hakyeon, went to Kyungsoo's table. He asked Kyungsoo out in the middle of the cafeteria. Everyone was looking at the scene. This guy got a nerve to confess to Kyungsoo in public.

 

Why can't he do that? He was looking at them. Jongin felt uneasy at that time. Waiting for Kyungsoo's response. The look on the guy's face was anxious. Worried for the worst outcome.

 

"No." Kyungsoo stated flatly.

 

Jongin noticed Hyunsik's face. He let out a heavy sigh. Looks like he was holding his breath before. Why?

 

Everyone in the room looked at the guy's reaction. He didn't gave them the satisfaction. He remained stoic. Still absorbing the answer that Kyungsoo gave him. Stunned at Kyungsoo's table.

 

"Why?" Hakyeon was staring at Kyungsoo intently.

 

"Because I don't want to." Then Kyungsoo stood up and walked away. Exiting the cafeteria with Hyunsik trailing behind.

 

"Woah!" Baekhyun gaped and looked at Jongin. They stared at each other. Jongin thought that good thing he didn't confess to Kyungsoo. What if he ends up the same as that guy? No.

 

"Your bestfriend is something." Baekhyun continued and looked at his boyfriend beside him who couldn't careless. Jongin on the other hand, nodded at Baekhyun. Agreeing at his bestfriend's comment.

 

"He's just being himself. You see, Kyungsoo is someone who is straight to the point. He's not beating around the bush or lead someone on." Chanyeol explained at Kyungsoo's action.

 

The two besfriends nodded in understanding.

 

Jongin stick on his plan to just continue writing a letter to Kyungsoo. But something prodded in his mind, if Kyungsoo is not someone who leads someone on, what about Hyunsik? Does that mean he likes the him? Because its obvious that the guy likes Kyungsoo more than a friend.

 

He shook those thoughts away. He doesn't want to think about it. They're just friend. Chanyeol said so.

 

Jongin keeps doing what he was doing. He sends letters or messages to Kyungsoo everyday. Be it a sticky note, or a colorful stationary. Gay!


Sometimes he will put it inside Kyungsoo's locker, tucked in Kyungsoo,s book, or Kyungsoo's gym bag. How did he do it? Only Jongin knows. He's sneaky as snake.

 

He was like a creep doing that. He also wondered what Kyungsoo was doing about his letters. Did he throw it? tear them apart? Burn it? But Jongin was hoping that Kyungsoo will keep them.

 

Bad news came in lunch. Chanyeol told them that Kyungsoo and Hyunsik were together now. He told them how Hyunsik confess to Kyungsoo and the other said that he was feeling something in Hyunsik and accepted the other.

 

Jongin doesn't know what to do at that time, he looks so disconcerted, fazed even. Baekhyun noticed. He wants to tell Jongin "I told you so" or "You deserve it you coward." but doesn't have any balls to do so. He doesn't want his bestfriend to feel more worse.

 

Jongin slumped on his seat. He excused himself. Chanyeol was clueless about Jongin's feelings for Kyungsoo. Jongin doesn't want Baekhyun to tell the other about it.

 

Baekhyun told Jongin to stop being pathetic. Stop sending letters to Kyungsoo. They fought a lot of times about it. But Jongin didn't listen. He keeps sending letters or messages to Kyungsoo.

 

There was this time that Jongin and Baekhyun acted like they don't know each other. They didn't talk for almost a week. Chanyeol asked Baekhyun what happened between them, but Baekhyun ignored the question. He will change the topic immediately. Chanyeol knows that his boyfriend doesn't want to talk about so he just leave it.

 

Since Baekhyun is the hyung between him and Jongin, he cannot let his bestfriend to be depressed alone without anyone knowing about how he feels. He cornered Jongin one day and tell that he was sorry. He was angry at Jongin for being pathetic yes, but that doesn't mean that he can just leave him like that.

 

Jongin was sorry for his hyung too, but he reminded Baekhyun that he will not stop writting Kyungsoo a letter. That is the only way that he can tell Kyungsoo about his feelings or something that he can't tell the other in person. Baekhyun, even though he dislike the idea, let his bestfriend do whatever makes him happy.

 

So instead of venting out his frustration at his bestfriend, he blamed it to Kyungsoo.

 

Everytime he saw Kyungsoo with Hyunsik his blood boils. He did not tell his boyfriend about what he feels towards Kyungsoo. Jongin told him not to be mad at Kyungsoo because the other didn't do anything wrong.

 

But that is the reason why Baekhyun is angry about Kyungsoo, because that was all lovey-dovey with his boyfriend while his bestfriend was there. Looking so stupid, hoping for Kyungsoo to notice him.

 

End of Flashback

 

"I told you to come to my house!" Baekhyun barged into his room. The other startled propping on his bed.

 

"What the hell Baek?" Jongin asked annoyed.

 

Baekhyun joined him on his bed. Staring at the ceiling. There's a moment of silence. They were just studying the ceiling above them.

 

"How are you feeling?" Baekhyun asked concerned.

 

"Fine." Jongin replied unambiguously.

 

"I know you're the opposite."

 

"Then why bother asking?"

 

"Don't snap at me you brat." Baekhyun said with a dash of teasing in his voice.

 

Jongin didn't reply. Baekhyun sighed.

 

"You know that its almost a year now right?" Baekhyun was talking about the time that Jongin started writting letters to Kyungsoo.

 

"I guess."

 

"Your not planning to stop?"

 

"I don't know."

 

"Now you are thinking." Baekhyun glanced at his side to look at Jongin and smirked. This is the first time he heard his best friend having a second thought. Before, if he will ask Jongin, the younger will always say no, he will not stop sending Kyungsoo a letter. But now, he was glad that Jongin, maybe realized something about his stupid letters.

 

Jongin was still emotionless. Keeps staring at the ceiling.

 

Baekhyun snuggled closer to Jongin. He rested his head on the younger's shoulder and wrapped his arms around him. Jongin turns to his side and scopped Baekhyun's head for a comfortable position. He settled it on the crook of his neck. He can feel his hyung's breathing against his skin.

 

"Why didn't I fall in love with you instead?" He mumbled softly.

 

"Because we do know don't fancy .." Baekhyun stated.

Jongin chuckled and hugged Baekhyun tightly. Though Baekhyun is his best friend, he also treated him like his brother, and vice versa.

 

They slept at each others warmth that night. Baekhyun knows that even though Jongin showed him his smiling face, he knows that its only a façade. He knows that the younger is shattered inside. He knows Jongin since they were kids. So he knows what's going on in the younger's mind, and it bothered him, a lot.

 

He doesn't want Jongin to be depressed. He had enough. One year is long enough. It's absurd. How can Jongin be an idiot when it comes to Kyungsoo? What did he saw on that guy? Everyday, seeing Jongin so hopeful pained him.

 

The incident happened in lunch provoked him to do something. He can't afford to see Jongin like this everyday. He needs to do something that has to be done. But what is?

 

An idea popped up in his mind. He grinned at his own thought. Yes, he needs something, or rather someone to distract Jongin's attention from Kyungsoo, and he knows who is the right person.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

AN:

There. I decided that if I'm going to update on my other story (Does He Know?) I better update on this one too. So there you go. Support both stories sweeties... :)))

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT,SUBSCRIBE, AND UPVOTE!!!