chapter one.

Lost in Love

Winter. It's probably your favorite season in a year. You sipped your caramel hot chocolate while sitting in a vintage cafe. It was really cold, you buried your hands in your pockets, looked out of the windows. You sighed and looked down on the small crowd of people who were probably doing Christmas shopping. Well, Christmas is the best moment for you, especially when you had someone special to celebrate with. But, sadly this Christmas would be different. You can't celebrate it with him anymore just like last year, that jerk who left you for no reasons. Your parents are busy everyday, they rarely stay at home, so do your siblings. The one and only person that will celebrate Christmas with you is probably your best friend who you had be friend with since kindergarten, Wendy Son.

“You’re showered by the glow of the moonlight, It’s so enchanting can’t get you out of my mind.” It was your phone ringtone. You took out your phone , seeing Wendy Son on your iPhone screen. You pressed the green button and put your phone besides your ear.

“Hello?”

“IRENEEEEEEEEE.” Wendy shouted at you which made you moved your phone a bit from your ear.

“You’re so loud. What?” you asked her in an annoyed tone.

“You must be nicer, no wonder he left yo-“

“Can you stop talking about him.” you said as you don’t want to remember those times again.

“S-Sorry. Are you free this evening? I’m going to the church, but I don’t have anyone to go with. Do you want to go with me? There are a lot of handsome-cute-kawaii boys especially the choir ones. I’m sure you would be happy!”

“Sure, sure. I’ll come to your house asap.”

“Okay, I’ll be waiting!”

You hanged up the phone, packed all of your stuffs, and took the last sip of your caramel hot chocolate before getting out of that vintage café.

 

You walked in the winter. It was really cold especially Seoul. As you walked, you buried your hands in pockets and ducked your head through the crowd, ignoring the passerby, who are also ignoring you, sometimes scrubbing your hands to make it at least - a bit better. Luckily, Wendy's apartment is not that far, so it's not a big problem for you because you had to walk. All of the trains stopped today due the heavy snows even though it's still the beginning of December. Suddenly, a boy bumped at you when you were walking slowly which made you a bit shocked. 

"I really am sorry, I'm in hurry right now and I didn't mean to-" he apologized and bowed at you several times.

"It's alright." you forgave him, gave him a smile, and continued to walk. well, he looked pretty good.

 

804. The number of Wendy's apartment. You pressed the bell besides the door and waiting for her to open the door and let you come in. 

"HELLOOOOOO." Wendy screamed at you - as usual as she let you to come in.

"Ssshh." You tried to stop her and walked in.

"I need to packed my stuffs first, then we go." She said as she put some stuffs in her small bag.

"I thought you have been ready."

"Not yet, i just finished watching cartoons, the new episode is so exciting and i can't miss it. Have you watche- Eh where's my bottle again?" she said as she walked to the kitchen.

"Silly."

"Okay. I'm ready. Let's go!" she said as she made her way out of her room and you followed her from the back.

 

Both of you had to walk to the church - again. It's not that far, you reached it in 15 minutes. The church was really big and elegant. There are a lot of doors. You entered the main door with Wendy. She seemed excited. 

"Irene, let's take a sit!" she pulled you into the front seat. You nodded and sat beside her. 

"Irene, you should watch the choir group, they're really good! I wish I could join the choir group." she pouted. Actually, Wendy has a good voice but you don't even know why she didn't join the choir group.

"You have a good voice, why don't you try to join?" you suggested.

"I'm shy hehehe." she giggled. 

 

The holy mass has started. Everyone in the room was in silent. Except Wendy, she kept whispering something to you.

"Irene woah woah woah!! The choir group is about to appear!!" she whispered. You slapped and she became silent. 

"Can you be quiet?!" you scolded her. She pouted. 

"But you will be comforted when you see the choir group performance, promise me." she didn't look at you because she's mad at you.

 

Wendy was so silent all of the worship. But suddenly you heard she whispering something to you.

"Hey, the choir group is about to sing. Keep your eyes on them, okay?" she whispered.

"So, you're not mad at me?" you .

"Hmm." she smiled. You think that you're the luckiest person on earth because you have a very kind friend like Wendy. She's never mad at you. She always accepts everything that you do to her. 

The choir group finally performed. You watched them carefully. You observed the choir group's members one by one and finally your eyes landed on the pretty big brown eyes. You looked at his pointy nose and his cute mouth and found him attractive. He seemed familiar. You think that you've met him before but you forgot.

"Wendy, do you know what's his name? The one with light brown hair?" you encouraged yourself to ask Wendy. She giggled.

"Why? Do you like him? I don't know either. I only know the one with dimple there, his name is Lay. He's handsome, isn't he?" she pointed at someone with a black hair. You nodded, but you think that guy with big brown eyes is more handsome. 

"No, I don't like him, I'm just wondering. I think I've met him before." you seemed confused.

"Where?" Wendy asked you.

"I don't know, I forgot." 

 

The holy mass has ended. You walked home with Wendy, suddenly you felt someone tapped in you in the shoulder. You turned your head and saw Wendy smiling to you.

"What," you said with your poker face.

"Let's go to the church again next week! I know you want to watch the choir group performance, don't you?" she teased you. You slapped her arm and she laughed. 

"Whatever." you rolled your eyes. 

"Is it a yes?" she still laughing. You didn't answer her, you just nodded.