Chapter 9

Not so Imaginary
 

Chapter IX

 

 

It was now time for Sehun to return to the fairy world.

 

“Thanks for all the help on my homework Jongin,” the fairy thanked. “Since it’s done, I have to go back to my place now.”

“Oh… I’ll miss you Sehun,” Jongin said in embarrassment. He had never said such an intimate thing to anyone but Kyungsoo. “You’ll come visit, right? Some time?”

“Yeah, why not?” Sehun smiled. “I can’t say I didn’t enjoy staying and bugging the stupid out of you. I’ll definitely come by when I have time. Also, I can’t wait to meet this Kyungsoo you love so much.”

Sehun extended his hand.

“So, until the next time?”

Jongin took it, and gave it a good shake.

“Until the next time,” he replied happily.

 

And just like that, Sehun was out Jongin’s door, slowly fading into the night. Jongin was really going to miss that rainbow-haired, sadistic fairy. He felt thankful they got to meet, even though it wasn’t really pleasant at the beginning. Jongin would certainly never forget him.

Three days later, Jongin was lying on his bed, drifting in and out of sleep. He was happier lately, and the chest pains hadn’t come at all. No nightmares too. A nice nap would be good, he thought, as he began to close his eyes. Being happy all the time, anticipating Kyungsoo’s appearance, was the most energy he had spent since he was seven. Unfortunately, the tanned male was effectively knocked into awareness when his doorbell rang. Curses! If it was some salesman looking to dupe him (since he’s heard they’ve been around the neighbourhood, selling a vacuum or something), he would surely shut the door on their faces.

 

Groaning, he dragged his body to the door.

 

 

“What?” He said, glaring at whoever it was.

 

 

But after a few minutes passed, his face contorted to one of shock. Eyes blown and jaw dropped.

 

 

“Oh, I-I’m sorry. Did I bother you?” the male asked.

 

A small male. A small male with wide eyes. A small male with wide eyes, a bowl cut, and voice like velvet.

 

“Y-you see, I just moved into the neighbourhood so I thought I-I’d greet my new neighbour. If that’s alright with you, that is. M-my name’s-”

“Kyungsoo?”

“… Huh? How’d you know?”

“N-nothing, I-I-I just…knew.”

“Oh…” Kyungsoo replied, nervously twiddling his thumbs. “Um, okay. What’s your name then?”

“Be ready by ten minutes. Change into something nice, and come back here. We’re going out.”

“Wha-”

“My treat. Let’s watch some movies and play in the arcade afterwards.”

“B-but-”

 

Jongin pulled clueless Kyungsoo in for a hug. He giggled internally, as the small male gasped in his hold; cheeks blushing, becoming warm on Jongin’s chest. This would be the start of something beautiful.

 

"My name's Jongin, and we're going to be best friends."

“O-oh… that sounds nice. Okay. You’re weird, though.”

“Weird, but I’m very sure you’ll learn to like me anyway.”

“You know Jongin-ssi… you feel vaguely familiar. Have we met before?”

“I don't know," Jongin shrugged as his smile reached his ears. "Maybe in another life or something, hahaha.”

 

 

***

Author's note:

 

Sorry if the chapter seemed rush >_< Happy New Year all! Bye~ :D Thanks for supporting this~ (sends hugs and kisses)