Nice Meeting You... Again?

Lost Memories (On Hold)

"I worked in a hotel before and I also worked in a restaurant..."

"Well, you seem qualified for the job but I have one more question."

"What is it, sir?"

"Do you fangirl over boy groups and KPop stuff?"

"I only know a thing or two about those stuff sir and besides, I should think about earning money for a living first before those, you know."

"I guess that does it. You're hired for the job."

"Jinjja? I'd be very happy to do so."

"That's great! Here's your uniform and just write your name on the name tag. We pay employees monthly and give them bonuses if they do a great performance."

"Arrasso. I hope you don't mind if I ask, what kind of people drink coffee in here?"

"I guess it's your place to know. We cater VIPs here that involve hallyu stars and idols and if we have staff with miserable behavior, it will surely ruin the reputation of the coffee shop with the use of social media. That will be a great shame."

"Ah, it really is a big deal then. Don't worry sir, you can count on me."

"The ropes around here are easy. See you tomorrow then."

"Kamsahamnida." I bowed deeply."

 

I took my first step out of the cafe and breathed the sweet smell of bliss and pure hapiness in the air. After all and everything that happened, I might still have a chance for a brighter life. Tomorrow is the start of anew.

 


 

"Myungsoo-ssi, have you ever had a girlfriend?" The crowd went wild at the question.

"Um..." I glanced at Hoya who just smiled. "I don't remember."

"AWW!" The crowd growled.

"Are you for real, Myungsoo-ssi? You don't remember?" The host laughed.

"I told you I-"

"He has already forgotten about the bitterness of the past to ensure only happiness for Inspirit." Hyung tapped my shoulder.

"Kyaaa!!!"

"We love you L!"

"Well, isn't that lovely? I heard you guys were friends since childhood."

"Ne, we've known each other for quite some time now." Hoya winked.

"Ah, I see."

 

The show went well and everything was great. The show ended and the staff congratulated us for our great work. Hoya hyung and I shared one dressing room and both of us were all alone.

 

"Hyung, thanks for saving me back there. I don't know what went through my mind."

"Be careful though. I know you really don't remember anything but next time just simply say no."

"Is there something I have to remember?"

"N-no! Of course not! I, um... I have to go. Seeya!"

"Oh, meet me at the coffee shop later then. Same time."

 

Everyone's been acting strange. Different things have been playing with my head, like I can't process what I say or do. It feels like there's something I don't know, something nobody wnats to tell me. Okay then, if no one wants to tell me, I'm sure I can find out about it on my own.

 


 

"Annyeong haseyo."

"Ah, you must be the new employee! My name is Hyejin by the way, I'll be your co-worker from now on."

"..."

"And you are?"

"My name is Soojung."

"Soojung-ah, don't be shy! Come, I'll show you how things are done."

 

Hyejin taught me the things I need to know. She seems very nice and beautiful too. I am glad to be working with her and a kind-hearted manager. She taught me the easy things first and promised not to give me the hard tasks until I'm familiar with everything.

 

"Soojung-ah!"

"Ne?"

"How old are you?"

"I'm 22."

"Aw, I thought I'm younger than you. I'm 23."

"That's alright."

"Where do you come from?"

"I live here in Seoul right now but honestly, I don't remember."

"Bwoh? You don't know?"

"I don't remember anything from my past since I was 15. I don't know who and where my parents are. I guess no one chose to tell me."

"I'm so sorry, Soojung-ah. Do you have a place to stay?"

"Ne, but the rental takes half of my salary away."

"I bring lunchboxes so we can share!"

"You don't have to..."

"C'mon, just think of it as a gift from a new friend."

"Kamsahamnida, eonni." I bowed deeply.

 

*kring kring*

 

"Go face the costumer, I'll take care of things around here."

 


 

*kring kring*

 

Aish, where is that stupid server? I've been ringing this for 8 times now. Doesn't she know what her job is? She shouldn't be chatting around and-

 

"How may I help you, sir?" She interrupted my thoughts. Wait, she looks so familiar... "Um, hello! You rang the bell again and that's all you have to say?"

"Do you know who I am?" I took my sunglasses off and she looked at me with piercing eyes.

"No, and I don't care who you are either."

"Well, you better-"

"Sorry, miss. We'll ust take 2 cups of espresso."

"Coming right up." She rolled her eyes and disappeared. I turned around and hyung was there.

"Am I late?" I glanced at my watch.

"By 2 minutes, you are."

"Mianhae, but you didn't have to pick on a cute one." He winked.

"Do you know how long I had to stand here and ring that bell before she came?!"

"I don't have any idea."

 

Hyung and I went inside the VIP area and I thre myslef on the couch. The sweet aroma from that cup of coffee should be on my mind but I can't forget how familiar her face looks like. Have I seen her somewhere already?

 

"Myungsoo, is something wrong?"

"Aniyo, her face just looks strangely familiar."

"Perhaps you've seen that cutie in a bar before?"

"Shut up..."

"Anyways, anything going on lately?"

"Well, there was this ridiculous fangirl that..."

 

Wait, perhaps...that's it! That was really her! She's the girl who bumped into us a few days ago! Aish, I should've asked about her condition rather than insulting her, if only I remembered earlier. I guess she's okay now.

 

"Hello? Earth to Myungsoo?"

"Mianhae, hyung. I was just thinking about something."

"What were you saying?"

"Well, there was this girl..." I explained everything to Hoya. "-and turns out she's that cutie back there."

"Are you serious?" Hyung's eyes widened.

"Mm." I nodded

"What a small world!" Hyung exclaimed.

"Anyway..."

"Speaking of the angel..."

"Here's your coffee, sir." She walked in, tray in hand.

 

 

To be continued...

 


 

Mianhae unnies and oppas for not being able to update for a very long time. Periodicals came up and I got 1-2 points lower than my usual scores and I had a huge mistake at school so I got grounded. I'm sorry. I promise I'll try my best but I'll be really busy because of upcoming concerts (December is concert season). I hope you will continue to support this story because there's still more to come. Semester break will be up for me so hopefully I will get more time to write for Lost Memories. Also, I would like to acknowledge Red Light Graphic Shop's hard work to make an amazing poster. Thanks guys! Myungstal fighting! Have you seen the latest episodes of My Lovely Girl? Can't wait for episode 11!