Anew

Lost Memories (On Hold)
"Ugh.." I screamed as I fell to the floor in pain. I covered both ears with my hands and my head feels like it's going to crack.
 
 
 
"Myungsoo, are you sure about this?" She looked at me with pleading eyes.
"I'm sure I wanna be anywhere without them...with you." I hugged her tight.
"Me too."
"Now let's go."
 
 
 
"Aah!" I tried to fight back but it felt even worse. The dark and empty room played with my head and it feels like I'm going to die,
 
 
 
"Myungsoo, there's no way we can get past them."
"There is." I increased speed.
"I'm scared. Even if we get somewhere, they'll still find us." She cried and I wiped away her tears with my thumb.
"I don't know what else to do. I can't let them and this whole thing keep us apart forever."
"Myungsoo, I..." Her voice faded away.
 
 
 
I collapsed and couldn't take it anymore. I tried to open my eyes and reach her hand but it passed through. I realized I was all alone and finally gave up.
 
 

 

 
 
"Mmm..." I opened my eyes and the white ceiling was the first thing I saw. "Where am I?"
 
"You're in the hospital, Miss."
 
"Huh?"
 
 
I looked around and the nurse stood there. The walls are all white and I wore hospital clothes, yup. I really am here.
 
 
"How did I get here?"
 
"Someone dropped you here and quickly left. Don't you remember anything?"
 
"Last night, my brother fled with all my money and I wandered around Seoul all alone. That's the only thing I remember."
 
"Well, that night has to be 4 days ago. You've been here for some time now without waking up."
 
 
What?! 4 days?! How am I going to pay the fees here? Aish you, Soojung. How did you let something happen to you when you know you don't have anything to pay huh?"
 
 
I tried to stand up but my shoulder didn't let me. It ached a lot and had no strength. What have I done?
 
 
"Nurse, how much do I have to pay?"
 
"Oh, don't worry about that." She smiled.
 
"Huh? This doesn't look like a public hospital."
 
"This isn't. The man who took you here left his card and said he'd pay for everything. I think he said you almost got hit by his car but I don't remember clearly so don't worry about paying anything."
 
 
Wow! I guess I'm still lucky to have had myself hit by a rich and kind-hearted man's car. I should really thank him. Since I don't have to think about the hospital bills, I should start thinking about how to find a new job and when to start hunting for one. I don't think oppa paid for the rent before leaving. That pabo...
 
 
"The doctor says that if your shoulder will be fine by tomorrow then you will be able to get discharged."
 
"Thank goodness." I sighed in relief.
 

 

 
 
"Myungsoo, wake up!" Someone shook my shoulder.
 
"Omma?"
 
"My son! What happened to you? Why are you here?"
 
"I was planning to get some old stuff when my head started to ache and the pain knocked me down on the floor."
 
"My poor boy, I must cook some porridge for you. You still have a show to attend to tomorrow." Omma tried to stand up but I caught her wrist. "What's the matter?"
 
"What's wrong with me, omma? Am I getting crazy?"
 
"Tell me what happened."
 
"My head ached like it was gonna explode and I know this sounds crazy but I saw a girl and she was with me the whole time in my head. It was as if we were being chased. It's strange."
 
"You must be imagining things." Omma looked at me suspiciously.
 
"I'm not, omma! Her voice faded and everything went black after that and all I know is I lost consciousness."
 
"Did you see how she looked like?"
 
"Unfortunately, no. I didn't see her face."
 
"Thank goodness." Omma sighed.
 
"What?"
 
"Nothing. Do you want some tea? I was about to make some when I passed by and saw you here."
 
"Ne, kamsahamnida."
 
 
Omma left and I couldn't stop thinking about what happened. It was like an old scene that played in my head and I'm sure it's not my imagination. I was in there and everything felt so real to be just a dream. It can't be something that only happened in my mind. It looked as if it really happened in the past. There has to be something behind all this.
 
 
"Omma..."
 
"Ne?"
 
"I didn't have any childhood friend besides Hoya, right?"
 
"Why'd you ask?"
 
"I'm suddenly curious."
 
"Well, Hoya's your only childhood friend." Omma didn't say anything else.
 
"Really?"
 
"Don't you believe me?!"
 
"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I'm just asking."
 

 

 
 
"Excuse me, miss,"
 
"How may I help you, ma'am?"
 
"Can I ask to whom does the card used to pay all my hospital bills belong?"
 
"Name please."
 
"Jung Soo Jung, previously admitted to room 108."
 
"The card is given by an Oh Tae Hee who works as a driver for the Kim family but it says here that the card is under Woollim Entertainment. Would you like to ask for the contact number?"
 
"No thanks."
 
"Have a great day!"
 
 
Woollim Entertainment? Why would the agency of oppa's girlfriend's favorite boy band pay for my hospital bills? Or maybe that Oh Tae Hee works for an artist who owns that car under them?
 
 
Well, I guess I should say thank you and apologize for causing such trouble but I should really focus on finding a new job right now. I hope fate will be easy on me today. Maybe I can just write an email when I get home.
 
 
I walked around the streets of Seoul and stopped outside a coffee shop. Their poster says that they're hiring but you should have experience and be qualified for the job. What kind of coffee shop could this be? It can't be any different from the others....
 
 
I went inside and walked to the counter. Lots of people were drinking coffee inside the shop and the stairway to the 2nd floor was blocked by a door where a sign was hanging  that says "VIPs only". What kind of people drink coffee here?
 
 
"How may I help you?"
 
"I heard that you are hiring new staff. I would like to apply for the job."
 
"Did you bring your resume?"
 
"Here..." I handed it over to the manager and she read it carefully. Please God, I need a new job this instant. Please.