Chapter 27

Till My Heart Ache Ends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon almost jumped when something moved beside the gates of their house, the night was cold and the street lights were quited dimmed so she didn’t really notice if there is someone there.

She carefully looked to her right to see what is was or who it as he tries to stay calm, but soon she relaxes when she saw who it was.

“Seung Ho??” she called unsure. There Seung Ho was leaning against the wall hands on his pocket while kicking on the ground not minding the freezing cold weather. “What are you there in the dark?” Jiyeon asked as she stepped closer to him.

“I was waiting for you…” Seung Ho’s short answered as he stands straight.

“Ahh…. You should have said you are coming…” Jiyeon said. “Let’s go inside.. It’s freezing here…” Jiyeon suggested and faced the gate of their house but Seung Ho didn’t even move an each.

Jiyeon quickly noticed it and she looked back at Seung Ho, finally she noticed the seriousness in his face, he couldn’t quite put a finger on it, but Seung Ho doesn’t look his usual self.

“Is something wrong?” she asked. Well, maybe the right question was “what is wrong?” because there is clearly something wrong.

“Where are you been?” Seung Ho asked in a unusual stern voice.

“Work….” Jiyeon answered nonchalantly, she has no idea why she even has to answer it anyway, but she did.

“And??” Seung Ho pressed.

“And what?” Jiyeon retorts sounding a little irritated.

“Where did you go after your work?” Seung Ho again asked.

Jiyeon knows when she is being asked a question and when she is being interrogated. And this one falls on the latter and she hates it.

“I don’t think I need to answer that…” she said coldly. It was sad that they seemed to be back on this kind of situation, where Jiyeon is giving a cold shoulder on Seung Ho.

But this time it was different, before no matter how cold Jiyeon acts towards Seung Ho he would reciprocate it with a warm concern towards Jiyeon, but today, both of them are acting cold towards each other, that it could even bit the coldness of the winter night.

“You seemed to already know that answer to your question… so why are you still asking?” Jiyeon asked while looking at Seung Ho.

“So is that it?” Seung Ho once again giving an ambiguous question

“Is that it, what?” Jiyeon asked frustrated. “Stop beating around the bushes and just drop the bomb already! What is it that you want to know??!”

“Are you back together with him now?!” Seung Ho finally said it,

“What?!” this took Jiyeon by surprise.

“Is that why it was so easy for you to let me go?” he sounded mad. “Did you even love me?” this time he sounded broken.

If being accused of getting back with the one who broke her heart into thousand tiny pieces didn’t anger Jiyeon, well, the latter part surely did.

“How dare you ask me that question…” Jiyeon cried.

Seeing a single tear fall from Jiyeon’s eyes had finally woken up Seung Ho from his anger and jealously. He suddenly regretted what he had said and took a step forward trying to reach for Jiyeon’s face to wipe the tear he had caused her to shed, but even before his arm can reach her, Jiyeon took a step backwards.

“You should know more than anyone else how much I have suffered loving the wrong person. How I swear to myself to nev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter