II. Chapter 1

Idolsitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

There he stayed, on his black leather chair with his small eyes skimming over the documents. His small eyes became even smaller as he was making sure that every word were typed correctly and he sometimes blew the annoying bangs that always managed to stick into his eyes.

 His dark brown hair became even messy when he ruffled it roughly, wondering to himself why he chose to get this kind of haircut. He reminded himself to trim the bang shorter. Using his toes, he pushed the chair to the back until it reached the white wall. Fingers played on the papers while he rested his head. Overloaded of fatigues had gotten into him again and he sighed at how fate never favored him.

“Ahh… Somehow Dad always comes up with plans to torture me even further." Another sigh left his mouth.

 "This is absurd. How can I be a manager to an Idol? I don’t want to handle an immature idol who acts like a toddler! ” he shouted.

Though Kim Sunggyu’s 26 years of life, he had encountered many embarrassing moments thanks for his Dad, but this was the first time he felt like killing that old man! Not literally, of course but his Dad was so beyond.

When he was in high school, he was a vocalist in his band. At that time, his Dad started his entertainment company which would end up as Sunggyu's if he was willing to continue his music career.

 When Kim Sunggyu finally graduated, he said that he would take on business courses, no longer interested with his music life; his Dad was shocked to find out that his son only did music as a side hobby and took another major in college.

Yes, of course his Dad blessed his choice of life, even gave his son full support but soon Kim Sunggyu realized that by declining his Dad’s offer to work as vocalist trainer meaning that he had something else planned for him. Oh , how he regretted the decision he made back then.  

Now, he was imprisoned in the trap his Dad’s brilliantly set up. He never expected that Kim Junghyo would force him back to his music life he once left behind in order to pursuit for his future by being an Idol… manager.

It was not like he didn’t know anything about this line of work. Hectic schedules, he can manage that. Besides, he’s a CEO himself. No one could manage time more effective than him. Preparation for stage appearance, clothing, make-up, he can took care of everything in a blink .What he hated the most was and gave him the worst headache was the Idol’s nagging.

He’s been in band for years, of course he would know about those tired thing; exercise nonstop to hitch up a perfect vocal so they can put on a perfect, mind-blowing performance.  He also kind of nagged a lot back then. The other members often scolded him for being lazy but being the youngest, they just couldn’t stay angry for long.  

Two words that was flashed on his head when he thought of all the things that he was going to experience and made him cringed in agony: Idol sitter.

He thought that being a manager was same with babysitter. He must did everything that Idol needed, even the things that the Idol’s hated. He couldn’t say no except if they didn’t have any more time to spare. Waiting and watching everything carefully how well the idol did and later he will end up with reports pilling of his desk. No human in their right state of mind can handle such stress and someone of them would run away from whatever causing them that kind of stress. He knew this fact perfectly because he used to be like that, to flee away right before the scheduled performance.

This time, his Dad really had gone too far. At time like this, Sunggyu really wanted to punch his Dad right in his face. Although he is a boss too, he couldn’t just leave his works unattended like that. He had to seal some important deals with a famous company and he also had to attend some abroad appointments too.

He couldn’t think straight with his mind filled with the amount of works he had to finish for being absent for two months. It was too much even with Dongwoo’s help.

“You’re the boss. You have Dongwoo and the others to do your works. Besides, you can do your jobs while waiting for him practicing in the studio or else. It’s not like you can’t do time management, right?”

His Dad words really made him boiled inside but he couldn’t do anything about it. That old man would not accept ‘no’ as an answer and will kept bugging him until he agreed to do as he was told.  Just two months, two months, he kept chanting them in his head to keep his anger down.

Sunggyu lost his temper easily; his words can really hurt fragile hearts and rendered people helpless. Only Dongwoo who could stand that side of him and of course his Dad. That old man had never taken his words seriously. Sunggyu’s Mom never really cared about his job because she trusted her son more than her husband.

There was a knock on the door and Sunggyu lazily shouted that the door was not locked. The face he didn’t want to see the most

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter