Bruises.

In the End...

Wu Yifan kept his promises. Especially to his best friend, Miyoung.

True to his word, he agreed to become friends with Lu Han and managed to convince Lu Han to date Miyoung.

Yifan was sure Miyoung was happy because Lu Han was a good listener to all her non-stop talking. He was good looking and was currently the most popular boy in school. He had a similar personality as her, because he spoke a lot too, and was active in sports. Yifan did feel a little left out, now that Miyoung had found someone else to spend her time with, but he didn't voice out his feelings. He occasionally hung out with Lu Han (whenever Miyoung wasn't dragging him anywhere) but he didn't quite like the other chinese boy.

His dislike continued one day when Miyoung had gone away for a short trip with her parents. He and Lu Han were hanging out at Lu Han's place, but Yifan honestly didn't remember just how he got there.

"Finally, a break!" Lu Han had exclaimed as he sank into his bean bag chairs that took place in his bedroom. Yifan looked bored at the novel in his hand, but distinctly heard Lu Han talking to him. A soft chime rang and Lu Han groaned as he picked up his cell phone to see a text message. He quickly typed and another chime of a message being sent was heard. Curiously (and politely), Yifan asked who it was.

"Miyoung." Luhan said, "That's the tenth message she sent me since she left. She's only been away for a few hours." He added, with a hint of annoyance in his voice, which Yifan didn't quite appreciate. He stayed quiet.

"Some times I wonder if she ever stops talking." He sighed, "I hardly have the chance to speak whenever we talk."

"You should talk to her about that." Yifan suggests but he's met with a scoff.

"Yeah, if only she would give me a chance to talk.."

Yifan promptly shuts his book, but keeps his finger in to keep the page. He shifts awkwardly before clearing his throat. He wants to say that he didn't feel right talking behind his best friend's back, nor did he like the way Lu Han was talking about her, but then again he stayed quiet.

"Tell me, Yifan," Lu Han began to say. "How can you handle her? I mean, she's so hyper and unpredictable."

"Because that's just how she is." He said without missing a heart beat. He can feel Lu Han looking up at him but he kept his eyes trained on his closed book. "There's nothing wrong with her being hyper or unpredictable. There's nothing wrong with her being able to talk non-stop either. It's the way she is."

"If you can't handle it, then talk about it with her." He added quickly before opening his book again to read. Lu Han stayed quiet for awhile before speaking again.

"I don't think I'll be able to handle her any longer,"

Yifan froze.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm going to break up with her."

~~~

Yifan should've seen it coming.

His best friend had returned from her trip in tears, a few days after his talk with Lu Han. Yifan felt bad, of course, and could only comfort her when she returned home. She cried that Lu Han had broken up with her over the phone, and when she tried to call back, he never picked up. Yifan grew mad but decided Miyoung would come first.

He hugged her and told her it would be okay.

When they had went to school, Lu Han was back to his previous self, with the overflowing fangirls. The smaller chinese boy didn't even look at Yifan or Miyoung at all, as if they didn't exist, but everyone could notice the large purple bruise he had on his cheek.

Yifan of course didn't mention he punched Lu Han in the face prior to Miyoung's arrival.

He deserved it, Yifan reasoned.

"Who did that to him?" Miyoung asked as they passed by. Yifan hid a smirk and shrugged, indicating he didn't know. Miyoung just scoffed and said that Lu Han must've done something horrible to have gotten such a ugly prominent bruise.

To Yifan, hurting Miyoung was pretty horrible, so he nodded and agreed she was right.

~~~

Though Lu Han had stopped hanging out with the two, Yifan can still tell Miyoung left lingering stares towards him. he couldn't help but feel mad at that, but he let it go because Lu Han was a crazy idiot for hurting Miyoung like that, and he knew Miyoung felt the same way.

"You know Yifan," She said. "Just because we broke up doesn't mean you have to stop being friends with him."

"But I don't want to be friends with him anymore." He said immediatly. "You're more important."

"He wasn't really my friend anyway," Yifan added quietly. He wanted to say he only became friends with the other because Miyoung wanted him to but he didn't.

Miyoung just nodded and tried not to blush at Yifan's choice of words.

At the end of their uneventful and unfortunate freshmen year, Yifan finally felt as if he was finally moving on from everything. Sure, meeting Lu Han meant he had to steer clear of fake people and the death of his Grandma made him appreciate life around him, but Miyoung showed him that he had someone to lean on through it all.

Everything didn't seem that bad for awhile.

~~~

Yifan and Miyoung were enjoying a summer indoors one day, painting and drawing pictures just for fun. Yifan likes to think of it as their favorite thing to do when needing to pass some time.

His best friend is an artist beyond his own skills, but Yifan would never admit that.

"How's it going over there?" She asks from beside him, as she concentrated on the easel in front of her. Her canvas is drenched in bright neon colors and Yifan's palette is full of shades of dark colors but there's nothing but a line on his canvas.

"Uneventful." Yifan replies as he focuses on the almost blank painting in front of him. Miyoung chuckles from beside him before leaning over to peek. She makes a clicking sound before leaning back over to her painting.

"You always draw stuff in black and shades of gray." She said. "Try brighter colors." But Yifan frowned and shook his head.

"I'm no good at bright colors, like you." He said as he sets down his palette on the nearby table between their two easels. Miyoung hums softly before continuing her painting with gentle but focused .

Over time, Miyoung's bedroom looks like it's shrinked with her overflowing amounts of paintings, that are now stacked upon each other neatly in almost every corner of her room. Yifan's room, or her family's guest room, is beginning to fill up with her paintings as well but that doesn't bother either of them.

"My parents said I should start selling my paintings," Miyoung said as she pushed back her chair to look at Yifan. "What do you think?"

"About what? The painting or selling your paintings?" He asked.

"Both, silly." She chuckled. Yifan slid back his chair as well to lean back and have a glance at her current work. It definitely was a bright painting, depicting a busy beach.

"I think your painting is amazing, like always." Yifan said, nodding in approval before continuing. "And about selling them, that should be up to you, isn't it?"

"I guess that's true." She said back, agreeing. Before they could talk more about selling the paintings, there was a faint knock at Miyoung's door.

"Come on in," She said loudly. They both turned to see who it was, only to see Miyoung's father.

"Yes, dad?"

"It's lunch time." He said, gesturing for them to come out. They followed and cleaned up the paint that was staining their hands and skin. Soon, they were at the dining table, ready to dig into Miyoung's mother's prepared lunch for them until there was the ringing of the door bell.

Yifan saw that Miyoung was helping to set the table and her parents were finishing up the final dishes so he took it upon himself to go check the door.

"Hello?" He said as he unbolted the door and pulled it open. At first, he stood confused when he saw a kid and two adults standing there, but then he stood frozen when he realized just who they were.

He knew those faces from old photographs and years of postcards his Grandmother had shown to him.

The woman spoke first.

"Hello," She said. "My son."


===

A/N

So, yes, this is where Yifan's parents come in. (Also, I am at titles.)

This was honestly a filler chapter, but I hoped you enjoyed it and the story so far. I thank you guys for the subs and the comments <3 (Thank you guys for just reading as well)

See you in the next one, and don't forget to leave a comment!