Thursday(2)

Two Weeks

Zelo and Woohyun thanked Myungsoo for the game and paid for the darts they used. They were disappointed that they didn't win but...actually, they weren't disappointed at all. They were just happy they got to play. 
 

"Where should we go." Woohyun said as he walked beside the giant. Zelo shrugged.
 

"I just moved to Korea an elongated amount of 24-hour days ago. I have ceased to attend largely overpopulated parks for years." Zelo said. Woohyun nodded. 
 

"Ahh. I'm tired of walking around so should we just go sit somewhere?"
 

"Why not." Zelo replied and off they went.

They found an abandoned cement bench and speed walked to it so no one else steals their spot. The place where the bench was was a little quieter because less people stood by it and it was located in the grass.  There was a whole side of the bench covered in white seagull poop so they sat on the cleaner side. 
 

"Ugh." Was all Woohyun let out as he and Zelo plopped down on the cold bench. They sat in silence before Zelo spoke. 
 

"Um. Hyung. May I inquire about something I've been suspecting as an expanding problem?" Woohyun nodded with a frown, reminded of Sunggyu's problem. Zelo continued. "Sir Sungyeol has been acting slightly off the radar. His senses have been lowered to an unknown extent. An extent I would think did not fit his character. According to my calculations and experiences, my boss has been having many longing stares at his stepbrother, Sir Lee Howon." Zelo stopped to catch his breath. "It seems something dreadful is setting in. It seems boss has started to contort from soberness to the feeling of bitter jealousy." Zelo ended, leaving Woohyun's brain fried.

It took a while for Woohyun to reply. 

"You mean he's still jealous?"
 

"Why yes-of course. If you are referring to boss Sungyeol-"
 

"How do you know?" Woohyun asked, cutting Zelo off. "And who is he jealous of?" Zelo blinked blankly as if it was obvious. 
 

"Why of course, you. Who else would fit that filling. It seems you draw too much unwanted attention and partly; Your aura seems brighter in ambition than other homosapiens. Based on my experience."
 

"What? How do you know?"
 

"Why I could feel the suffocating tension in the atmosphere back when the four of us, you, Sir Sungyeol, Sir Howon, and I were in the vehicle driven here. I had spoken slightly of it aloud to you of course."

Woohyun suddenly remembered that.

"Said male's face was almost drenched completely with black ink when you had decided to come along on the short journey here." Zelo ended.

Woohyun felt a weight on his chest.

He didn't want to be the one responsible for Sungyeol's jealousy, although he didn't know him that well. Woohyun couldn't get anything out of his mouth except breathy, hot air. 
 

.....

 

Sungyeol had managed to tear Howon away from the stage area and the two traveled anywhere, as long as Sungyeol could get Howon away from the stage.

Howon thought Sungyeol seemed troubled by something so he stopped shuffling his feet, forcing Sungyeol to stop as well. Sungyeol turned around to the latter with a questioning face. Howon gave a slight smile then pointed to a place somewhere up high.

Sungyeol followed his brother's pointing finger up,

up,

up.

His brown eyes halted on a huge Ferris wheel and he couldn't help but smile as well. 
 

"Let's go ride that!" Howon suggested once Sungyeol looked back down at him. Sungyeol stared at him for a second. "Please." Howon begged.

Sungyeol wasn't even thinking of saying "no." He nodded with a wide smile and pulled his brother along behind him. 
 

.....

 

Dongwoo lie stretched out over his sofa and rested his eyes.

He really didn't know what to do for the next week and a half. He knew school was starting again soon but he didn't know exactly when.

His plan was to move here for a small period of time and complete his mission then leave ASAP but...

he didn't really want to leave anymore.

He wanted to stay and become closer to Woohyun and Sungjong. Back where he came from, he didn't have any friends-any REAL ones at least. He just wants to know the feeling of having friends like everyone else does-
 

"Wait." Dongwoo sat up and shook his head. "What am I thinking?!" He questioned himself, frustrated.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a folded, wrinkly piece of brown paper. It seemed overused but Dongwoo hadn't actually read it in a while. He unfolded it and smoothed out the edges before reading aloud shakily.  
 

"Secrets equal secrets,
 

Friends equal secrets, 
 

Secrets equal vulnerability,
 

Vulnerability equals weakness,
 

Weakness equals flaws,
 

And flaws equal 
 

DEATH." He finished.

He then took a deep breath and plopped back down on the sofa. He crumpled the piece of paper then was about to toss it but decided to force it back into his jacket pocket. 
 

"One day. One day these words will mean nothing...absolutely nothing."
 

.....

 

Sungjong walked around a neighborhood, kicking a pebble.

He had changed into his "rich person" outfit and was going to see Woohyun, after just washing his face down by the lake. He just around the corner to the salon when he spotted something clashing in the dark alleyway right to the left of the salon.

He jog-walked over and squinted his eyes to get a closer look.

He was immediately alarmed when he noticed it was Ms. Nam, Woohyun's mother. She was arguing with some dude.

Sungjong saw the man's fist go up and raced there. He accidentally slipped on a beer bottle on the way and ejected himself right into the center of the two.

To his luck, he caught himself but he did so when the mystery man laid his fist right on Sungjong's face. Sungjong tried not to scream in pain and took it coolly like Bruce Lee.

Woohyun's mother was ducking behind Sungjong and screaming. The man that had just bruised Sungjong's face slowly backed away and into the streetlight for a split second. Sungjong could tell he was young, then he darted out of there.

Sungjong finally unfroze and raised a hand to his cheekbone. It was sore as hell. Ms. Nam stood respectively again and ran around to Sungjong's front, hearing the clickidy-clackidy of her heels. 
 

"Oh my. Are you alright, son?" She asked. Sungjong shrugged because he really wasn't sure.

He hadn't actually been punched in the face before. "Let's go inside and get you some medicine then." She suggested without waiting for an answer. She dragged him through the back door and to the bathroom just to their left.

The salon was pretty small for such fame.
 

"Thank you so much for helping me out there. You were such a hero, jumping in like that." She thanked as she switched on the faucet and grabbed a small white towel.

More like slipping in like that. Sungjong thought, but he smiled genuinely and nodded. 
 

"Um. Who was that?" Sungjong brought himself to ask. She froze for a moment then ran the water over the towel and brought it up to Sungjong's bruise. She dabbed it, making Sungjong wince. 
 

"That boy was ummmm. Chunji." She said a little hesitant about it. Sungjong nodded and tattooed it into his memory.

After a long moment of silence and patting, Sungjong spoke, remembering his purpose of coming to the salon. 
 

"Oh yeah. I came to see Woohyun. Is he in today?" Ms. Nam shook her head. 
 

"No. He's out with Sunggyu still. I'm sure he'll be back anytime now."
 

"Alright. I guess I could stay. Can I help you with anything?" Sungjong asked. Ms. Nam smiled an appreciative smile then seemed to be in thought as she washed the towel. 
 

"I do have some things to carry out in the front."
 

"That'll do." Sungjong almost immediately agreed, making Ms. Nam chuckle. 
 

"Well aren't you my little hero." Sungjong smiled back then they were out the bathroom door. 
 

.....

 

Howon and Sungyeol got into the carrier and the doors shut, moving up a section so the next carrier could come down and load more bodies.

Howon and Sungyeol sat across from each other, Howon smiled widely and looked down over the park as Sungyeol watched him. 
 

"Oh-oh! I see Woohyun-ah!" Howon said excitedly and waved frantically down at the bench where Woohyun and Zelo were seated. Woohyun looked up and made eye contact before waving back, Zelo soon picked up the wave too.

The waving turned into competition but soon ended as the Ferris Wheel started turning its circles. Howon stopped waving and turned his attention to Sungyeol. 
 

"We should ride with Woohyun next time." He suggested. 
 

That Woohyun guy again? 
 

Sungyeol whacked himself on the side of the head. 
 

Stop thinking these meaningless thoughts. 

He couldn't feel pain in his head anymore so he looked up and saw that Howon had taken his wrist in his hand. 
 

"Why are you hitting yourself? Are having girl problems again? That's how you always were when you were being chicken back then-"
 

"Shut up!" Sungyeol snapped and tugged his arm away, accidentally smacking it on the glass encasing them. "Ohw!" He groaned breathily and held his bruised wrist. 
 

"Are you alright?" Howon asked. Sungyeol glared at him. 
 

This little bastard keeps asking questions even when he has no means of answers. 
 

"Deaf idiot." Sungyeol muttered although he couldn't be heard. He glared out the window. "I don't know how I'm going to put up with this-"
 

"Yeollie." Howon interrupted his rambling. Sungyeol looked back at him.

He was standing. 

"What are you doing?! Sit down!" Sungyeol exclaimed, gesturing for him to sit by flexing his hands and banging on invisible water. 
 

"Count for me, Yeollie." Sungyeol gave a confused look, raising an eyebrow. "I'm going to dance." Sungyeol was going to protest but then he sat back in his seat. He had missed Howon's dancing talents.

He raised his hands and started. 
 

"Five, six," He raised the amount of numbers he spoke to the amount in his fingers. "Seven, eight." Howon had already had a beginning pose. "One, two, three, four,"

Sungyeol couldn't keep his eyes off of Howon.

Howon's moves were swift and flowed like a river downstream. "five, six, seven, eight. One, two..."

They continued like this, fingers raising, moves busted, and laughter growing.

Once the huge machine stopped, it was getting dark.

They got off, still giggling slightly, and went to try and find Woohyun and Zelo.

 

.....

 

"Ahhh. So you're here because of that. You're not here for the money as much, huh?" Zelo shook his head.
 

"Money is only a small amount in my traveling reasons. I have yet to meet her again in this cold city covered with skyscrapers."
 

"What's her name?" 
 

"The label given to her female presence by both her parents is-"
 

"Guys!!" Howon came running over to them smiling widely. "I just danced on the Ferris Wheel!!" He exclaimed as he pulled Woohyun to his feet. "It was amazing and stress relieving! You should do it with me next time!" He continued. Woohyun smiled and glanced at Sungyeol, who seemed less troubled than usual. At least he thought.

Zelo thought he was a little less jealous as well.

They found themselves in Sungyeol's car a couple minutes later and realized they did not obtain anything as a souvenir 
 

"Sir Sungyeol. Shall we all return to obtain-"
 

"No." Sungyeol said a little harsher than he expected himself to say. Zelo immediately went silent and looked straight ahead as the engine started.

Woohyun rested his chin on his palm and leaned against the window. He stared out into the dark and saw that the city mechanics had switched on the lights for the city but he didn't care much for that. His eyes traveled up to the star-speckled, black painted sky. He wondered how Sunggyu was doing and decided to text him.
 

Hyun: R u ok?
 

It took a minute for a reply. 
 

Gyu: Fine u?
 

Hyun: Y were u crying :(
 

Gyu: life
 

Hyun: life? U were bawling
 

No reply
 

Hyun: Gyu, reply
 

No reply
 

Hyun: Fine c u tmrw
 

Woohyun locked his phone and brought his attention back up to his surroundings. Sleep had claimed the man sitting beside him but he couldn't tell if Zelo was awake. He leaned back just as Sungyeol called his name. 
 

"Woohyun." He leaned forward toward the driver and opened his ears.

Sungyeol glanced at the rearview mirror, not at Woohyun but at Howon, then looked back to the road.

"You helped Howon get home, right?" Woohyun nodded then realized Sungyeol wasn't looking at him so he said a simple "yes."

"And did you pick him up with your car-?"

"No." Woohyun said with a slight chuckle and a shake of the head. "I don't own a car. I walked him home." Sungyeol barely reacted.
 

"So you must live close to our neighborhood then."
 

"Ah-ah. No." Woohyun said again with a slight chuckle. "I live all the way in the center of the city." Sungyeol's eyes widened a little. 
 

"Where did you find Howon-?"
 

"He was crossing a crosswalk at the wrong time so I pulled him back and asked him what he was doing. He told me he was deaf so I ended up leading him home. Then we reached the mansion at ten pm...that's how it went." Sungyeol's mouth hung a little.
 

"It was dark at that time." Sungyeol managed, Woohyun nodding. "Did you get a ride home?" Woohyun shook his head although Sungyeol couldn't see it.
 

"No. I think his mom or something like that, kicked me out of the house after Howon suggested I stay the night."
 

"Did you stay?" Sungyeol found himself asking. 
 

"Yeah. Howon woke me when I was sleeping outside by the garage and told me to follow him to his room. We climbed a tall tree then went in through his bedroom window. I think I quickly stripped-" Sungyeol gave him the eye. "-my jacket!-my jacket!" Woohyun explained. "Then I dropped and fell asleep I think cause I don't remember anything else after that." Woohyun finished, looking down at his hands.

Sungyeol suddenly made a hard brake, showing he wasn't paying much attention to the road. This somehow didn't knock Howon awake.

Sungyeol nodded after there was a long moment of silent awkwardness. 
 

"Good. Now tell me where you live." Sungyeol said as the light turned green and they entered the center of the city, the main streets. Woohyun looked up from his hands and saw that his house wasn't far. If the salon was closer, he would've gone to it but seeing how it wasn't, he decided to go home. His mother was probably leaving work at the moment. 
 

.....

 

"Thank you so much for your help, Little Hero. But it's disappointing to see that Woohyun-ah didn't make it today. I'm sorry. He'll be here all day tomorrow. I'll make sure of that." Sungjong gave a considering smile as Ms. Nam locked the front door to Nam Salon. 
 

"You don't have to do that. Besides, I'll be busy tomorrow and won't be able to meet him. I have a business trip to take. I just wanted to say farewell today but you can deliver my message, right?" Ms. Nam looked at Sungjong's face with a trace of worry. 
 

"Are you sure you will be fine at a business trip with this scar on your face?" Sungjong smiled. 
 

"Yes. Just fine." Then he made a smacking noise with his lips and looked down the road. "Well I guess it's about time I got out of here." He started walking. "See you in a couple days, Ms. Nam!" He raised a hand and waved maturely as did Woohyun's mother. 
 

.....

 

Sungyeol had dropped Woohyun off at his house and both Zelo and he waved goodbye. Sungyeol pulled out of the driveway and they started home in the covering of the city lights.

Once they neared their mansion, they got closer to nature and the road became soaked in black until the vehicle's headlights hit it. 
 

"Sir-"
 

"Hyung!!" Sungyeol snapped for the final time. Zelo gulped a little. 
 

"Hyung. I sense your mind organ and heart organ have an indifference. A dramatic indifference. Are you sure the lights inside of your anatomy are moving rationally-?"
 

"Shut up! What are you going on about?!" Sungyeol growled, interrupting Zelo. 
 

"I am merely asking of the condition and period your mental state is going through. It will soon affect your physical quantities and your organs will slow. There might even be a disease growing-"
 

"Shut up! Never mind that!" Sungyeol snapped and hit the wheel before putting a hand to his temple.

They arrived home in silence and Sungyeol got out of the car. He slammed the door shut then started for the front door.

Zelo got out the car and stared at Sungyeol, a little disbelief trickling down his spine. Sungyeol didn't even lend a hand to help Zelo get his brother into the house.

After all, it is his job so he didn't care much. He opened the side door to where Howon was still snoozing away and decided to pick him up. He carried Howon bridal style because Howon was light and Howon would never know he was ever carried like this. He rushed up the stairs and opened the door to Howon's room. He felt like tossing the suddenly heavy body on the bed but settled for gently lying him down instead. He reached to slip the sheets over Howon's loose body when someone stopped him.

Sungyeol had his hands pressed against the sheets to prevent them from going anywhere. Zelo looked over at him with a straight face and saw that Sungyeol wanted to be left alone with him. He his heels without further ado and closed the door softly behind him.

The room fell silent with Zelo gone and the slight breeze rustling the trees could be heard brushing against the window. Sungyeol traced the bedsheets then up the bed, feet following, until he stopped beside his brother. Howon's eyes were peacefully shut and a small smile spread across his face. 
 

Great. He's probably dreaming of that guy Woohyu-
 

"Yeollie." Sungyeol's breath hitched. The whole world stood still, even the trees stopped scratching at the glass as Sungyeol waited for Howon to say something again.

It felt like hours before Sungyeol heard the branches of the tree brush against the glass again. He released the air he had been holding in and reached back for Howon's blanket.

Once he got a hold of it, he pulled it over Howon's body. 
 

"Yeollie. Let's dance." Howon mumbled in his sleep. Sungyeol brushed Howon's bangs aside. 
 

"Yes, Howon. Let's dance." A small smile spread across Howon's face and Sungyeol's as well.

Sungyeol turned and made his way to the door. He opened it gently then peeked back at Howon before closing it and heading for his own room.