The Autograph Session (1)

She's Changed For Him

Jessica:


Born into the family of the Hwangs, I was the child of Mr Hwang's second wife, which is my mom, Jung Chaejoo*.

I've always thought that being the daughter of Mr Hwang was lucky, since I have the world's best mom, and Mr Hwang to dote on me.

But somehow, it never dawned on me why I had to call my own dad Mr Hwang, and my older sister, Tiffany, the child of the first wife, to call him Daddy.

I realized that my world isn't perfect when my mom told me why I had to call him Mr Hwang.

 

FLASHBACK:

"Jessica, why are you so unwilling to sleep tonight? I've read your favourite book, The Frog Prince, already."

"Momma, can you explain to me why Tiffany unnie gets to call Mr Hwang "Daddy" and I have to address him as "Mr Hwang"?

My mom sighed.

"Are you sure you want to know this?"

"Yes! I know that I possibly could call him Daddy after Momma's explained to me!" I foolishly grinned at her.

"Well, you see, Jessica. Momma is the second wife of Mr Hwang. Before you were born, the Hwang family had known that I was Mr Hwang's mistre-- second wife. They decided for Mr Hwang to marry me, to cover up from the media to put this on the headlines. As you know, Mr Hwang is a famous singer. The first wife, Lee Yoonmin*, which is also your unnie's mother, had set up some conditions for us to adhere to -- if we don't adhere and defy against these particular rules, we will be kicked out. I want you to have a perfect life, Jessica. And for your question about calling him Daddy, is impossible. As much as Mr Hwang wants you to call him Daddy, it's impossible."


That, was when I took quite a while to take in all the information my mom told me.

That while ended when I accidentally broke one of the conditions Auntie Yoonmin set for me and my mom -- calling Mr Hwang "Dad."

 

My life took a complete turn when Tiffany and Auntie Yoonmin started being nasty to me and my mum. Tiffany tried to blame whatever she broke to me, and I had to shoulder the blame by getting beated up by Grandmother. My mum had to tolerate whatever insults Auntie Yoonmin hurled at her.

 

It was then, I made a bold decision to leave the Hwang family for once and for all.

 


7 years down the road:


I was now a college student, named Jessica Jung. I had a best friend named Im Yoona, and she's really pretty and all, but sometimes just a bit too playful to get her suitors's hopes high.

The suitors, sadly, doesn't even know that Yoona has a crush on this new boyband -- called EXO. She likes this guy called Kai. I don't really like EXO, to be honest -- I don't want to indulge myself in these types of things.

 

And here I am, supposedly out on a "lunch date for ddeokbokki" with Yoona, but in the end, I'm stuck here in the queue, with Yoona, for EXO's Fanmeet.

 

"BOOYA! You've got pranked. WHAT DDEOKBOKKI lunch? You should know that I secretly HATE DDEOKBOKKI." Yoona babbled as the queue shortened.

"Yeah yeah, I got pranked by you." I reluctantly said.

Yoona pumped her fists into the air. "I finally pranked Miss Jung! HAHAHAHHAA!" She announced.

It was clear enough that it was hard to fool me. Guys tried to fool me, saying that "Oh you're the most beautiful student in College" when their eyes said otherwise -- they betrayed them, and told me that it was my best friend, Im Yoona.

 

As soon as karma could arrive, Yoona suddenly had a bad stomachache.

"Oh . I can't go and meet Kai in this posture. Sica, would you help me go and get their autographs? She said.

I agreed.

---- to be continued ---