his kindness

Admiration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: his kindness

the second thing: his kindness

 

 

Myungsoo extended his hand towards her and Soojung looked at him confusedly.

“Grab it, you’re hurt, aren't you?” He said with a smile. There they were again, his dimples. She thought.

Without a second thought, she reached for his hand, and he pulled her up.

“I’m going to walk you over to that bench over there and you’ll sit there while I help pick up your books, okay?” Myungsoo told her and then crouched over her textbooks and binders.

“You really don’t have to, I can do it myself! See!” she exclaimed as her two skinny legs shook a little and then eventually straightened out allowing her to be standing up. “I’m perfectly fine!”

“Says the girl with blood running down her leg.”

“Well, it’s not like it hurts anymore…” she mumbled while taking a step towards her books.

“I told you to sit!” he snapped guiding her back towards the bench.

Soojung plopped back on the bench and the boy hurriedly ran back to the books and picked them up before she could stand up again.

He held the books and binders in one hand, and his other hand helped Soojung up.

“Where’s your first class?”

“Right over there.” Her scrawny finger pointed to the large white building up ahead.

“Perfect, that’s where I’m going.”

 

++

 

“Excuse me, professor, do you happen to have a band-aid?”

“Why, you have a cut?” the professor’s deep raspy voice questioned while rummaging through his bag.

“Actually, no. Soojung has one.”

“Oh? Soojung?” he asked as he lifted his hand to reveal a band-aid. Professor Kim eyes Soojung’s leg and chuckles.

“Well, I suppose this band-aid is a bit too small, isn’t it?” he comments comparing the skinny strip to the large gash on the girl’s pale leg.

“Yeah, I guess so…” Myungsoo replies.

“Then you better get her to the nurse, you know where that is?”

“Go straight and turn left, right?”

“Yep, now run along!” Professor Kim says, patting Myungsoo on the shoulder.

 

“Come on S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter