[IV]

ZERO

Ye Eun went to school as usual with her friend, Ji Hee. Everyone is went to their seats as the bell rings. Ye Eun stretch her head as she is looking whereas Ji Won make it to class. So many students rush to get in. Ye Eun slouch her back and let out a sigh. He must have been late for school. She is worried that something might have happen to him. At least, that's what she's thinking. Of course, on the other hand, Ji Won is a guy, he can take care of himself. She shouldn't have been worrying about him. But she can't. She can't help but worry. 

    Ji Hee realised that Ye Eun is acting strange. She move from her seat and pat softly st Ye Eun's shoulder. "Are you okay?" Are you looking for someone?" Ye Eun looked at Ye Eun. She quickly smiled and shook her head. "It's nothing."  Ji Hee still did not satisfied with Ye Eun's answer. "Are you sure, you look like you--" Ye Eun suddenly went up made Ji Hee wobbly unbalance. Ji Hee finally prevent herself by falling by using her left foot. " Ye Eun ah, be care--" 

   Ji Won enters after Han Soo and Si Won. He casually sit on his seat and turn to Ye Eun. He smiled. "Good morning." Ye Eun smiled back "Good morning." she reply softly. He return to his posture. Ye Eun can help but looking at him. His face, his lips, his eyes and his nose, everything about him. He's beautiful, she thought. She think why Ji Won looks so brilliant everytime she saw him. Even at that time when she met him, she's too shinny. 

  On the other side, Ji Hee doesn't look that happy. She doesn't like it when Ye Eun look at him. She doesn't know why. She just--didn't like him. Ji Hee humph back to her seat next to Han Soo. "Ji Hee ya.' Han Soo softly call to her. Ji Hee turn and look at him. She half-heartly nodded. "What's wrong? Why are you so down, Ji Hee?" Ji Hee pouts. She didn't know. Her heart feel fiery. What is this feeling? she thought. 

        A paper is thrown to Ye Eun's desk. She is surprised. She look around as she slowly open the scrunch. There's a writing:-

   DId you sleep well?

       She wondered who it is. As she look to her right. Ji Won is looking at her. Ye Eun raised the paper on her hand. Ji Won nodded. She unknowingly smiled. She scribble down the paper.:-

Yes, why do you ask?

   She pass to Ji Won. His eyes scrunch between. He doesn't look convincing to Ye Eun's answer. He scribble down and after that he pass to her:-

Are you sure, you look like you're not, because of those panda eyes.

He pass to her. She reads it. She raise her eyebrow but a bit surprised. She look to him. He looks like he really cares for her. But can it be? He's just a stranger whom she knows few days back. Isn't that a bit weird. But her heart told her that he is not like that. Her feelings talk to her head like that. 

  Then something hits Ye Eun's fingers. It bleeds.Ji Won and Ji Hee was shocked. "Ye Eun ah!" Ji Hee rush to her. Checking her finger. "Are you alright?" Ye Eun looks like she's in a little pain. The trio looked behind them. The tall, long shoulder-length  black hair girl went to her seat. Ji Min was smirking at Ye Eun. Ji Hee begin to storm off to her and knocked her desk. "Hey, you! Are you the one who sliced her finger?"  Ji Min pretend to be surprised. "Oh, really? I didn't know that." Ji Hee becames extreamly angry at Ji Min's smaugness as she almost grab her collar until Ye Eun yelps. 

  Ji Won has put her injured finger into the pit of his lips. Ye Eun just keep staring at him. His eyes became different to her. Not the cold eyes she saw when she see him for the first time. His eyes has a little warmth in it. Ye Eun is drowning inside his eyes. How come this person can make her fall hard. He only did a little things and she felt different. 

  "Ya, whadda heck are you doing?!" Ji Hee slaps Ye Eun's hand and Ye Eun snaps into reality, she then pull her hand to her chest and turn away, leaving her face completely red. Ji Won looked at the almost pissed Ji Hee. "Why do you have to put her finger into your mouth!" she shouted. Ji Won raised his brow. "I just wanted to heal her wound, that's all." Ji Hee is almost burst. She can't stand it when a man touches Ye Eun, especially Ji Won. She hated him for disturbing Ye Eun. "That's just an excuse, you son of a--" Si Won swoop in with a awkward laugh. "Woah, there! Ji Won only do that because she's hurt. It's just his habit when he was a child. Just give it a rest, forgive him already,please." Si Won put his hands together and close his eyes tightly. Ji Won rolls his eyes. Ji Hee can't just take it, even if it's just his habit. He can't just swoop Ye Eun's finger to his mouth. Her eyes is firery. As she was about to say something again. Ye Eun slightly pull Ji Hee's hands. Ji Hee looked at her. Ye Eun shook her head, she doesn't want any more trouble and doesn't want it to get worse. Ji Hee understood, even though she doesn't want to, but for her, she let it slide. 

   

   "Why?" Ye Eun turn to Ji Hee with a wide eye in a shock. "You hear me, I don't want you to go near that guy!" Ye Eun lowering her head. But she doesn't understand. Why must she stay away from Ji Won? She does that a lot but he keep touching her with a gentle eyes and making her feel safe no matter where she go. She knows it's impossible not to go near him. "But, Ji Hee, he's--" Ji Hee scrunch her brows and pout. "I say no, so no is a no, okay?" Han Soo just smiles "C'mon, Ji Hee, Ji Won doesn't mean to do that to her. Like he said, he's just want to heal her wound." Ji Hee grunts "Choi Han Soo, who side are you on?" Han Soo laughs "C'mon, I know him,okay, despite he's quiet and looks introvert but he's a gentlemen so don't worry." Ji Hee doesn't seem to be convinced at all. She's still think Ji Won will do something to her. More crueler and brutal if she think about it. "How do you know Ji Won?" Ye Eun said to Han Soo. "When we were kids, we were friends, more like brothers actually, that's why I know him."  Ji Hee hit her hands to the table lightly. "I still don't want Ye Eun to go near him, Never!!" Ye Eun just kept silent even though Han Soo tries to convice Ji Hee that he's not a bad guy because she knoew if Ji Hee said no then it's a no.

  "Han Soo ya, does your girl friend always like that?" Han Soo turn to Si Won. "Well, she always like that when it comes to Ye Eun, though. She hates men." Si Won raise his brows, widen his eyes at Han Soo. "You mean Ji Hee?" Han Soo drink his orange juice, he put down after. "Well, not exactly, hers is not that bad but Ye Eun, I think." Si Won slightly nodded his head. "Hmm.." Han Soo looked at Si Won. "You don't think that she do that on purpose, do you?" Han Soo's eyes widen after Si Won ask him the question. "What do you mean?" Si Won turn to Han Soo "You know what I mean, Han Soo.." Han Soo gulped, he laughs nervously, "Y-Ye Eun, no way. She's not gonna fall for him, you can be rest assure." Si Won smiles "I hope so, if not, it will be the same like that selfish bastard did to us." Han Soo avoid Si Won's eyes.He never seen this side of Si Won. Ji Won didn't say anything about a year ago when their former friend died, following his girlfriend who suicide a half month ago. 

  "Si Won ah, don't put too much pressure on Han Soo. " Ji Won walked into the art room. " Oh," He  raised both his palm and smiled at his friend. "I'm sorry if I look like that." Han Soo shook his head "Ah, n-no, you're justwant us to be careful, I know that." Si Won pat Han Soo's shoulder. "Well, just forget what I said before. No worried,eh?" Han Soo nodded. Si Won grab his bag anf went out of the entrance where Ji Won is still standing. "I'll see you at the usual place then?" He patted Ji Won's shoulder. Ji Won nodded as Si Won smile and went out. Han Soo let out a big and loud air. "Darn, you are right about Si Won, he's scary when it comes to girl problems." Ji Won smiles. Han Soo carry his bag and went to Han Soo. "Shall we go?" Ji Won nodded.

    Ji Won then went to the huge white mansion at the west side of Myeondong. He enters the gate and went to the front door. As he went inside. A bunch of teenagers with a lot of personality and attitudes were roaming freely at the hallway. "I'm home." Ji Won say it out loud. "Welcome home." A petite, chubby face, tanned skin girl walk to Ji Won, she smiles "How's school today?" Ji Won hugged her and kissed her temple "Like always." The girl grin "It is,huh?"  Ji Won made his way to the little kitchen corner at his left. "What's for dinner?" The girl then went to the ovan and put a strange dishes out. "Chicken  adobo, sinigang, a few fried veggies, and kimchi jigae. Other kids already eat their half, this is yours" Ji Won smiles "Thank you, nuna!" she giggles "No need to mention it, I have to be nice to my tenant, right?"   He took a bite from his bowls and the side dishes as he starts to dig in. "Ah, right, Ji Won ah! There is a girl who wanted to meet you, but it's not that girl you are talking about." Ji Won stops munching and swallowed his food while staring at her. "Who is it ,nuna?"

 Upstairs , Ji Min is waiting for Ji Won, she doesn't look like she's happy. Something must have been on her mind and she didn't like it one bit. Ji Won went up and find her there. Ji Won doesn't look happy either, why is she here? "Ji Min-sshi." Ji Min surprised and stand up from her seat. "Ji Won ah." Ji Won's cold eyes fills her eyes. It's cold. She don't want Ji Won to always look at her like that. "Come with me outside." 

   Outside the mansion, Ji Won faced his back at Ji Min. "Why are you here?" Ji Min came two steps near him. She bit her lip as she moved her pupils often to the side and some corner of it. "I came to see you." Ji Won didn't budge at his position. "What do you want?" Ji Min flicks her eyelids hard. That bastard, didn't he know anything? she thought. Finally he turn around and walk away from her while saying "If you don't have anything to say, please leave." Ji Min almost want to say something but because of Ji Won always give her a cold shoulder. Ji Min just watch him reach the door and shut it close. She bit her lip hard and her expression changes. She really doesn't look happy  about it.

 

 

  At school things are all the same. Students were busy chatting, playing around and buzz around the every corner of the classroom. Ye Eun silently scribbling her notebook. She keep thinking about Ji Won. She doesn't know why but each day her head fills with Ji Won's images, his face, his smiles and his gentle touch, even a kiss from him to her forehead. Unknowing her, she touch her forehead. "Hwang Ye Eun!" she raised her head and see her friend JI Hee. "You--draw HIM aren't you?" Ye Eun's eyes widen as she look at her notebook. She quickly close her notebook afterwards. "Dang it, Ye Eun, I thought I told you to--" "Stay away from him." Ye Eun interrupted. "I know." Ji Hee doesn't seem to pleased at Ye Eun's answer "No, you don't know. You even draw him. What is wrong with you?!" Ye Eun avoid her eyes. Ji Hee doesn't look alright with Ye Eun keep ignoring her like that. "Ye Eun ah, I think we should--" Ye Eun stand up from her chair and walk away from Ji Hee. "Ya! Hwang Ye Eun!!" 

  Ye Eun is already in the school's roodtop. She breath in and out with a huge force. She felt weird, it's as if she cares about Ji Won. She felt angry when Ji Hee pressing her not to be close to him.  Ji Won doesn't do anything wrong, she know that. She saw him in her own eyes that he's not a bad person. He has this warm expression he had when he's with her and see felt like she's safe with him. Is it wrong to feel it this way? Is it wrong that she wanted to see him more and more everytime? She knows that Ji Hee is worrying about her. But it felt,to her, is not right to push him away just because of her strange habit.  She decided to went to the classroom and apologies to Ji Hee. But in front of her is a mean looking girls and Ji Min is in the center. Ye Eun felt scared. "Girls," Ji Min smiles as her friends walk slowly to her. Ye Eun doesn't like the situation like this. It looks like they'll do something to her. "Get her."

  Ji Won is still sleeping at the art room. The bell ring has chimed but he didn't budge an inch from the chairs. Ji Won open his one eye. It's strange, she should be here, he thought. Ji Won wake up from the chairs and start looking for her. He finds her nowhere. Not in class, neither in library nor the school hall. He look for her everywhere. But no sign of her. 

  Suddenly, he felt strange. He doesn't seem to look good. He looks like he's worrying about Ye Eun. He rub his face to his chin. As he run around. The only place he doens't look is the rooftop. He runs to the hallway to the emergency exit. He runs to the stairs and as he reach the rooftop. There is no sign of her. He's catching his breath of all that running. He looked for her in every corner but still no sign of her. He then look at a suspicious thing at the floor. It's a school uniform. He came near the uniform and checked.  It's Ye Eun's. He then looked far and wide and found her skirt flying to him at the bench. He wondered., where is she? Why he can't find her?  

 Then, he hear a sobbing. He then walk slowly to the corner. As soon as he reach there. He found Ye Eun, with her singlet and her shorts. There is a few scratches  from her arms. He came to her as he reach down. He reach his hand to Ye Eun and gently pats her. Ye Eun looked at Ji Won with tears flowing from her eyes, which is red from all that crying. She looks horrible. It hurts him to see her like this. She sobs again as she wiped away her tears with her hands. "I found your uniform." He gave her back her uniform but Ye Eun didn't move an inch. She is still there, stuck in the corner,crying. Ji Won reach to her and put her face buried to his shoudler. "Cry whatever you want. No one is going to hear you but me. Let it all out." Ye Eun wrapped her arms around his waistline and cry as loud as she can. Ji Won comb her hair with his palm and pat her, encouraging her to keep on. 

  For some reason, it looks very similar, it's like he seen this for a long time. Yes, it's looks like him when he lost his girlfriend a year ago.  It all come back to him now. It felt similar. 

  Yes, just like that time

 

A/N: Chapter 4 is update, I hope you guys love this chapter rather than the other ones. Haa... :D Sorry that I took so long just to update. There is a lot of things in my mind actually.