[III]

ZERO

Ye Eun walk passed the students. She hold her chest, she can feel her heartbeat. This is the first time she been through this. She bit her lip hard not to think of Ji Won's soft lips touches her forehead. She smiles for the first time.

       Ji Won walks after her, but not to close to her. He stares at her back. Ji Won smiles. "Ji Won ah!!" Ji Won turn around and see Ji Min. Running towards him. "Ji Won ah! C'mon, let's go to Si Won and his gang. He wants us too--" but Ji Won didn't hear her;he walks straight from her. Ji Min bit her lip in anger, looking at Ji Won. "Pabo Ji Won!' she speaks softly.

      "Hwang Ye Eun, where were you?!" Ye Eun enters the Cake House, finding Ji Hee and meet Han Soo for the first time. Ye Eun surprised by his appearance as she slowly appraoch Ji Hee. "Uhm..Ji Hee, who is this?" Ji Hee miles and punch Ye Eun's shoulder lightly. "Pabo, you don't remember? It's Han Soo, you know, our classmate since middle school."  Ye Eun keep looking at him. "Is he?" Han Soo looks disappointed. "I use to sit behind you, remember?" Ye Eun pouts as she lay her head low.  "I'm sorry." Ye Eun speaks softly. Ji Hee smiles and hold each other's hand. "It's alright, at least he knows you're always like this." 

        Ji Hee and Han Soo talks and chatter away like there is no tomorrow inside the cake house. Ye Eun just keep looking at them. She looked at Ji Hee and Han Soo, suddenly remembers Ji Won's sudden appearance when he saved her from Mr. Kang and his sudden kiss on her forehead. You shouldn't be alone, you know. She remember those words like a sticker, it sticks to her memory all the time. His gentle touch, his eyes, his soft lips when he kiss her forehead. She always wondered, where did he come from, as if he knows her. She put her hand on her chin as she put her elbow to the table. She unknowingly smiles as if she's in love with her prince. Her spaced-out love sick appearance broke away when Ji Hee tapped her shoulder and called out to her in a loud voice. "Hwang Ye Eun, what are you spacing out for?" Ye Eun smiles in an awkward way.

    "What are you spacing out all the sudden. What's wrong?" Ye Eun shook her head. "I'm fine, it's just, it's a rough day for a first day at school." Han Soo nodded "Yeah, I can't believe that we are all classmates. Reminds me of a junior high school days." Ji Hee laughs while sipping her hot cocoa. "I remember you use to have a crush on Ye Eun,right?" Ji Hee elbowed at Han Soo. Han Soo denied with a laugh "No, I'm not." Ye Eun's eyes widen, is Ji Hee said that Han Soo likes her before? She looked at him. Han Soo met her eyes and he let out an awkward laugh. "T-That's like four years ago, now I can't," Ji Hee hungs open. "Why not?" Han Soo shook his head with his meh-like face "If I date, I'll get into trouble." Ji Hee wants to ask what but since Han Soo said it like that, then she won't ask him.

    Like that's going to stop her. "I don't care." she pull his hand to Ye Eun's hand. Both Ye Eun and Han Soo are flustered by Ji Hee's sudden action. "What are you doing?" Ji Hee scrunch her brow "Are you kidding me, I'm gonna set you guys up for a date!" Han Soo's reacts with the same awkward laugh as he pull his hand away from her. "I just told I can't date." he whispers to Ji Hee as he grit his teeth. "Why not, it's your chance! Then I'm off!" Ji Hee stood up and moved away from them. "Ji Hee, you know that I can't." Ye Eun begged her not to go. Ji Hee gave her an encourage smile and pats her shoulder. "It's alright, Han Soo is not those type of boys, rest assured that!" Ji Hee then give them a wave and exits her way from the cake shop.

   Her sudden leave leaves them speechless and awkward. Both of them still avoiding their eyes. Han Soo scratch his head while Ye Eun wriggling her fingers to her cup. Han Soo thought that this won't do. He had to do something to break the silence between them since it's been a long time since junior high. "It's been a while,huh?" Ye Eun surprised as she looked at him. "Y-Yes?" Han Soo smiles "Finally I can hear you talk." Ye Eun giggles as she nods. It's very awkward.indeed. "C-Can we go somewhere else. other than the cake house?" Ye Eun spoke a long senteces for the first time. Han Soo taken aback from her sudden request but he smiles. He didn't mind.

   Both of them went for a walk while holding their cup ofa cold americano. They still don't have something to talk about. It was truly awkward for both of them. But then again Han Soo tried to break the silence. He looked at the sky. He stole a glance at her. She's no doubt a beauty beyond words, a Venus of sort. Her presence shows it. "E-Er, it's,uh, it's--vuh-very b-buh-beautiful isn't it?" Ye Eun looked at him. She smiles at him "R-Really?" she stutters, makes Han Soo delightly giggle. "It's a first time hearing you talk,though." She looked at him, she smiles at him. So there is a man like this.

   As the time past, they talk about a few hours. They sometimes laugh away and sometimes a few expression is seen by them. They seem very happy together. As both of them realised is already night time. Han Soo send Ye Eun to the train express station. "Well, see you at school." Ye Eun smiles as she waved her hand to him. Han Soo waved back with a heart-shaped smile. But as soon as she is about to turn away. She stops as she turn back to him "Han Soo-sshi." Han Soo fold his lips while raise his eyebrow. "Mm?" Ye Eun hesitant at first but she knew she want to say it. "In the second year in junior high, how come you don't take part of the group dance before and sit behind me?" Han Soo then humms his lips. He remember the day that Ye Eun cried when she was slightly touched by a boy in her class which makes her teacher and all of her classmates were angry at her. Han Soo voluntere himself not to participate alongside Ye Eun. Back then, he likes her even when she is in first year.

    "Nothing much, just that I want to be with you at that time, that's all." He smiles. Ye Eun smiles back at him "See you at school." Han Soo waved at her again "See you!" with a gumfull smile. Ye Eun as well. She then take her step away from him. Han Soo looked at her back slowly disappeared. Han Soo smiles, wondering if she ever see him again at school. 

 

 

  Ye Eun walk home after she went out of a train. The alley she walk is dark. Ye Eun sometimes having a bad feeling about this and sometimes she walks fast. She doesn't want any man to come near her. Then she hear a bell ringing, like a chime. She turn around and see someone. She looks nervous when she saw him.

  "Walking alone?" Ji Won said. He's riding a bike. "Is your house that far?" Ye Eun shook her head "it's just a block away." Ji Won pedals towards her. "Looks like I need to give you a lift then." Ye Eun hesitate. She can't just ride his bicycle like that. She barely know him. "I-I'm sorry,but--" Ji Won pull her gently to the back. "I though I told that you shouldn't be alone, right?" Ye Eun blushed. "Hold my shirt tightly,okay?" Ye Eun nodded. As soon as Ji Won starts to pedal. Ji Won quickly holds Ye Eun's hand. Ye Eun takes aback at his actions. Ji Won gripped her hands tightly, Ye Eun felt like that he don't want her to fall. "Are you okay?" Ye Eun nodded. He starts pedal again and this time slowly until he can get to his normal speed. Ji Won's grip suddenly loosen as he gently hold her hand. Ye Eun felt like she's already safe with him. It's just like the time stops for a while. Her mind suddenly return to the day she met him. His stare, his lips, his gentle touch, almost everything about him. Ye Eun suddenly blushed, thinking like that.

   "T-There is my house." she point at a regular apartment. She step out from the back of the bike. She walk straight home unaware that Ji Won is following her.  Ye Eun stops and turn around to see him at four steps behind her. "It's alright, you can left me here." Ji Won folds his lips and raised his shoulders. He looked around. "But it's dark here are you sure that you'll be okay just walking to the corridors?" Ye Eun blushed, she lower her head while playing her thumbs. She bit her lip. Ji Won just smile at her. He pats her head. "You know, I think I rather follow you to your entrance at your house." He came near her and kissed her forehead again. Ye Eun felt like butterflies in her stomach. She's speechless. Her face is deep red. He smiles as he gently brush her head. Ye Eun felt like she's above cloud nine. He then kissed her head. Her heart beats faster. There is no other man can make her heart beat fast like this.

   "Unnie!" A high toned husky voice echoed behind her. She turn around and saw her little sister. She's a little chubbier than her, lips are a bit protude, she crossed her arms. She looks unpleasant, looking at Ji Won. Ye Eun realised and turn to him. "I'm sorry, I better go." Ji Won nodded "Well, I guess I can be assured that you're okay now. So, see you tomorrow?" Ye Eun's heart likes it's going to burst. She nodded. "Unnie, hurry up, Mom's gonna scold me if you're late!"  Ye Eun turns around and she looks at him. She moved her lips without a sound 'See you tomorrow then.' Ji Won nodded. He waved at Ye Eun when she turn her back to him. 

  "Unnie, who's that guy?" Her little sister sternly question her. Ye Eun surprised "A friend."  Her sister scoffs. "Liar. Such a liar you are." She turn her head away from her. "Ye Eul ah, I'm sorry. It's just." Her sister stop and turn to Ye Eun. "Just what? That you afraid of guys is a lie? That he is dating you? You're lying to Mom and me to get away from Dad,aren't you?" Ye Eun stops when Ye Eul raise her voice. She then remember the times when she met Ye Eul's father when she was a child. At that time she's innocent when he came to her and her mom. She can't help but believe him and so does her mom.

  After her mother remarried him and had Ye Eul, they have a amazing life, to her at that time, it was enough for her. Seeing her mother happy makes her happy. Because of her happy days she is very close to Ye Eul even though their step sisters. But not her twin brother. Her twin brother hated him the moment they met him that time. He concealed his hatred of him for along time. Even if Ye Eul is born, he often vent his hatred to Ye Eul even though Ye Eun is close to her.  At that time she cannot understand why he hate him. But knowing him, his instinct always tell the truth. 

   And he was right in the end. At that time before their second year in middle school. Her stepfather her behind her mother, her stepsister and her twin brother's back. She was frightened by him. She screams her lungs out, she wanted anyone to hear that she's been . But at that time, she only cries alone and scared. Her mother and her stepsister didn't believe her at first. Not her twin brother. He installed a camera on her room. When he saw the clip of his sister being again. He stomp to her room when it's her third time. He punched and hit his stepfather's head many times. But even though he saved her. Her mother doesn't believe him as well as a result, she slap him. And his step sister begin to hate him, and regularly Ye Eun as well. 

  When her twin brother died, her mother clean her brother's room. She found a camera that he installed on Ye Eun's room. She saw her husband has indeed her. Not once, not twice but thrice until she saw her son beat him. She and her husband fought and fought and when she had enough she filed for divorce and took Ye Eun and Ye Eul away from him.

  Ye Eul still hated her mother and her even now. Ye Eun can't keep her head high up because she knows that Ye Eul still doesn't know until now. She can't blame her, she can hate for all she care. But sometimes she felt guilty towards her. It's not like she knew her. She grew up with him and loved by him. So it's obvious that she hates her and her mother for leaving her father.

  As soon as both of them enters. Her mother greets them, but Ye Eul shove her away and walk straight to her room. Her mother let out a light sigh as she watch Ye Eul close her door shut hard. It's a mess without her twin brother. 

 

Oppa, I wish you were here. Dad, I miss you

 

A/N: Hi, it's me again, sorry for  a late update today. I was working with my other story. So here is the next chapter. So I'm gonna explain something that might confuse you a bit. At the end when she said 'Dad, I miss you.' that means her dad before her stepfather. Why she said it you have to wait at some of the chapter I'll be updating.  Sorry for a rotten English coz it's been a while since I last wrote.  Thanks for your subscribe though.