[I]

ZERO

It's a wonderful sunny day for Ye Eun to draw. As usual, she walks to the park and sits at the bench. Ye Eun is looking at something worth inspired her. Her cold but soft eyes locked in every people and their every moments. She find a man jog around the corner, she then watch the man in his thirties, with his white shirt and a short pants,well, not too short, if you know what she mean. She then watch a couple, writing something in their books. She thought they were writing their assignment. Well, it's obvious, though, because she did it as well. She sees children playing in the playground with their mother and father. 

      She then look at a young mother with her baby in her arms. Ye Eun continue to watch her. The woman humming a song for her baby as it sleeps in her arms. Ye Eun suddenly smiles, Well, would you look at that, she know what to do already. She holds her pencil and start sketching as she look at the mother and her baby. She smiles while drawing, thinking that she is the mother and that's her baby. Smilling and humming at her baby and hold it to her arms. The baby's cute groan and mumbles rings to her ear like a candy. She even imagine it. She does that every time she draws, she imagine herself as something else.

  "Excuse me" a low toned voice rings to her ears and she suddenly froze. A man? Is that a man? She lower her gaze and her head and slouch her back. She kept on drawing as if she didn't hear. "I need to go to Daehan High School, do you know where is it?" Ye Eun keep twitching her eyes back and front as she tear one of her sketches as she drew a map. She quickly draws and give it to the man. As soon as the man looked at the map she draw, she quickly stands up "Okay, thank--" as soon as he thank her she runs away. Why she thought.  Why there is a man?  Why is he talking to me? I can't stand it she grip her fist tight  I can't!!!

     She runs to her house, she found a limosine parked at her house. "Oh, Ye Eun, you're here?" Ye Eun came to her mom "Is Ji Hee here?" Her mom nodded "Of course." She point at their apartment "She came inside and packed your things." Ye Eun shook her head. Ji Hee is her childhood friend, she is like that ever since she is still young. So sociable, so free spirited, unlike her. A nutshell who cannot go outside. She hear footsteps from the stairs. A girl with a short skirt above the level of her knees, a cute light sky blue blouse,long haired tucked with her hairback. The girl pouts at her "Hwang Ye Eun, why are you so late at this time hour? Shouldn't you be at school with me?"  Ye Eun couldn't fight back Ji Hee's persistent to go to school with her.  Ye Eun hated school more than anything else because it's packed full of people whom she didn't know and what's more there is so much men there. "Ye Eun, if we going to be late this time, I'm gonna blame you. Ye Eun hangs her head low. Hating school is one thing but don't hate your best friend "I'm sorry". Ji Hee pouts. She runs to Ye Eun with a smiling face. "But that doesn't mean you're going to be punished alone, aren't you? C'mon, let's get going we still got time." Ji He push Ye Eun to the car and then she enters the car. Ye Eun's mother wave goodbye to the car that already left.

      "Gosh, Ye Eun why do you have to be so distant, Seriously, I called you a thousand times plus avoid some annoying calls who are not you. Ow, seriously, I'm going to die." Ji Hee fans herself angrily. Ye Eun pouts and keep her head low. It's not like she don't get it, Ye Eun is always like this ever since second year in middle school. She knows her secret the most and yet she didn't call her best friend. She knows it's her fault, she keeps her head low listening to Ji Hee's scolding every hour while driving.

       "I'm sorry." She speaks softly. She can't help it but saying sorry to Ji Hee. It's not like she doesn't know Ji Hee, her best friend ever since they're kids. Ji Hee always like a sister to he and kind of over protective of her when it comes to Ye Eun being in trouble. Ji Hee hates the idea that Ye Eun being hurt by someone or herself even he so she have no choice but to scold her. "If you say 'sorry' to someone for being late since second year. That's it!" Ye Eun felt guilty as she keep lower and lower her head more. But Ji Hee hugged her with a smile "But you can say 'sorry' anytime to me because I tottaly believe in you, get it!" Ye Eun slightly smile. "Thank you, Ji Hee. And they both happily went out to the car.

       The Daehan High School is the most prestigious school in the center of Seoul city. It's the school for the richest and only the one who is the best in grades and social skills and sports plus pure talents can enter the school. Ji Hee's father is the Minister of Education and also the President of the school.

     Ji Hee leaps happily with gloomy Ye Eun at her arms. She cannot stand to be stared at. A lot of girls often sees her and start chatting but when that happen Ji Hee always snaps them with her death glare and the girls runs away. Same thing she does with the boys. She snarls at them like a lioness protecting her lion cubs. Ye Eun get used of Ji Hee's protection all the time. 

    "Wow, this year we're classmates!!!" Ji Hee hugged Ye Eun tightly. Ye Eun is happy as well. At least Ji Hee will sit next to her. At least she won't be lonely again. She remembered that it almost make Ji Hee quite upset and even ask the teacher to switch classes because of her 'too-much-worry-about-Ye Eun' syndrome. "This time I'm gonna sit vee~ry close to you so keep that in mind okay?" Ye Eun smiles back and nodded. Ji Hee continue hold her and doesn't intend to let go.

 

 

"Ji Won ah!" a smaller boy waved at the taller, tan skinned  boy with his cold eyes,sharp nose and a little protuding lips. The taller boy named Ji Won waved back to his friend.

     "Hey, I heard we're in the same class again! I'm so excited !! " The smaller boy back hugged Ji Won with a giddy smile. Ji Won smiled back. "Han Soo, you didn't change since elementary, aren't you?" The smaller one named Han Soo released Ji Won and gave him a light punch in the shoulder while pouting. "Hey, What's that supposed to mean? I didn't change, okay? I'm still the passionate guy you know, okay?" Ji Won turn to his best friend and hugged him and make Han Soo gasp for air. 

    Ji Won and Han Soo goes on way back when they first met in elementary school. He and Han Soo always together with their friend Si Won and Ye Sung. The four of them share good memories together but Han Soo is separated from them since start of middle school but he keep in contact with them. "How's Si Won, is he still an arrogant brat I know?" Ji Won stopped for awhile but looked at Han Soo. He nodded his head. He can't tell him that Si Won had changed a lot, so Han Soo can't even recognized him. "He's still cocky and arrogant Si Won you know, Han Soo." Han Soo pouts while scrunches his eyebrows. "If I see him, I'll give him a piece of my mind!" 

   "Give me what?" Someone strangle Han Soo while nudging his head. Ji Won smiles at his friend "Hey, c'mon let go of him Si Won ah." The boy who's paler than Ji Won and has a face of an idol is Si Won. Ji Won's childhoood best friend since they're kids. Unlike Ji Won, Si Won is extrovert teen who loves to play a lot and very childish and like Han Soo said; a cocky and arrogant boy who wants attention. "Aigoo, Han Soo ya, is that how you treat your friend?" Han Soo playfully punched Si Won's chest and Si Won make a fake action, pretending that his chest his hurt. "C'mon, guys, we're late for class."

   As the three boys happily chatting away, hitting each other with light punches and a few laugh in the air. A girl came to them. A beautiful, long shoulder length black haired girl with single eyelid. She smiles at them and waved at them. But her eyes sets on someone. "Ji Won ah" The two boys raised their eyebrows and looked at Ji Won. His expression didn't change, he didn't smile or waving her back. "I'll see both at the class" He walk from Si Won and Han Soo and went through the girl as if she wasn't there. The girl pouts while turning to see his back "Ji Won ah, you should at least say hi, you dope." But Ji Won didn't listening. "What's the matter with him" She sighs.

      "Ji Min-sshi?" Si Won pats her shoulder "Oh, uh, hi, Si Won ah" she waved nervously in front of Si Won." Si Won laughs and carrasssed her head. "Ow, this girl is so cutee~~" Ji Min smiles as she playfully low kick Si Won. He faked his groan in pain while Han Soo just laughed. "Temper, you didn't change as well, aren't you? Still after Ji Won?" Ji Min pouts and locked her eyes to the flower. "He won't even looked at me." Si Won put his hands around her shoulder. "Aigoo, Ji Min ah, didn't I tell you that you are not his type, right?"  Ji Min scrunch her nose and brows and kicked him again. Si Won again faked his pain. "I won't give up on Ji Won. I'll get him before the other girls are!" She walks away. "Don't be too harsh on Ji Min, Si Won ah." Si Won fold his lips inside. His eyes turn cold as he looked at her. He shook his head "Ji Won will definately won't fall for that girl. He won't." Han Soo shooked his head lightly. "C'mon, let's go to class, Ji Won is waiting for us." Then Si Won's eyes turn bright as he locked his hand to Han Soo's "Okay, c'mon!" Han Soo smirks and both walking side by side, trotting to school.

   

         "Hey, Ye Eun ah, can we go to that Cake House after school, Auntie Carmen said her shop has this new flavor called the 'Red Chocolat Passion'. Can we go there, I promise you, my treat!" Ye Eun nodd at Ji Hee's request. Ji Hee felt like she's in Cloud 9, she felt happiness covers her face. It's like she's on a date with her boyfriend. "After school then?" Ye Eun nodded. As a flock of students shuffel their way in and out until their homeroom teacher appeared from the door with a smile "Alright everyone, please be seated!"  Everyone went back to their seats.

         "Hey, Han Soo, where's Ji Won?" Han Soo puffed "Probably sleeping on the school's rooftop again." Si Won scratched his head.  

         "I'll call out your names and you guys say 'here' when I do, okay?" The students said yes in unison. As the homeroom teacher starts calling out their names A to Z. Ye Eun is quite nervous. She hates to call out and she doesn't want to. "Psst, Ye Eun ah." Ji Hee whispers to her. Ye Eun's eyes locked to her friend "If the teacher call out your name just raise your hand. I'll do the 'here', kay?" Ji Hee signals her friend. Ye Eun smiles and nodded. 

          "Jung Ji Won." The teacher look around. She repeats the names countless time. "Late on the first day?" She continue to call out 'Jung Ji Won' name. Han Soo raised his eyebrow and Si Won facepalmed himself "What am I going to do with him?" he wails silently. 

            "Here." A voice, rings to Ye Eun's ears. She recognised the voice. It's the voice that ask her for directions before coming here. Ye Eun raise her head and saw him. Jung Ji Won. She hangs open and she return to her position, she lower her head. Hoping that he doesn't recognised her. Ji Won casually walk through the teacher like she's not there. "Sorry I'm late." The teacher flustered at his attitude. "I let you go since it's your first day, but I won't next time. I'll definately report you to the Disiplinary Teacher.". He sits down, oh you won't believe, he sits next to Ye Eun. This days will never be this harder for her. She curses herself in her head. Ji Won turn to her side and slowly touches her hair. Ye Eun surprised. Ji Won stares at her. She's very uncomfortable right now. VERY uncomfortable. He keeps staring at her. 

           "Hwang Ye Eun?" the teacher calls her name. She hesitate to raise her hand because of Ji Won keeps staring at her. "Hwang Ye Eun!" the teacher calls her again. She slowly raised her hand and Ji Hee said 'Here' while covers her face. 

            "You're name is Hwang Ye Eun?" Ji Won finally voiced out to her. He just said her name and she studders. For a second there, she doesn't hate him. She didn't bring herself to. "And you are--Jung Ji Won?" He nodded. "I'm surprised that you know at least my name." She lower her head again. He smiles as he looked away. 

             Did Ji Won just smiled?

 

 

A/N: First Chapter! I hope you enjoy reading it. I was writing and also making video as well. So I hope that you like my fan opening  of this fic on Foreword.

Secondly, sorry if I am not so active at AFF. I was busy working at also I'm preparing for my wiritng debut but I feel nervous.

Hahaha..:P

Enjoy reading ZERO

PS: Thanks to someone who just upvote my fic. I'll try my best to continue on!!