[II]

ZERO

Did Ji Won just smiled at her?

 

Class start in English lessons. Teacher Robert Kang. The new English teacher from Canada but move to Korea when he's in high school. Everyone knows about him. He's a total sweetheart both students and teachers admire him. 

   "Okay class, today we are going to talk about nouns. does anyone here knows 'noun'?" The whole sudent qyuckly raised their hands even when he speaks one questions. He continue teach them as he start writing at the chalkboard.

   Ye Eun on the other hand, didn't like it one bit, not because of the class, that is one of her problem. The other one. Ji Won keeps staring at her and not the board. She wonders when will he stop staring at her. She gripped her pencil hard. Sweat drawing from her face in anxiety. She also wished that he'll stop. 

    Ji Hee keep watching her from afar and believe me, she doesn't like it one bit. Who the hell think he is? Staring at Ye Eun like that she thought. Ji Min bit her lip as she as well grip her pencil, looking at Ji Won. Why is he looking at that girl? she thought Don't tell me he like her? 

     "Can some of you tell me what is an adverb?" Mr. Kang call. "Miss Hwang?" Ye Eun surprised. The other students is looking at her. She hung her head low again. Why does Mr. Kang call her for. "Miss Hwang, can you tell me what is adverb?" She closed her eyes. Wishing all will go away and never return to her. "Oi, Hwang Ye Eun, Mr. Kang just ask you a question!" the other students starts to chatter and whispering to each other. This day is really getting worse for her. Why does anyone keep pestering her. She only want to peace. She wanted no one who dare to talk to her. She wanted to be alone. This is why I hate school she curses in her head.

       "Mr. Kang, I'll answer to you instead." Ji Hee stood up. Ye Eun looked at her and everyone is quiet all of the sudden. Ji Jee's face looks doesn't like she's okay with Ye Eun being pushed by others. "O-kay, well, Ms. Park, can you tell what is an adverb?" Ji Hee answer with a loud voice. She finished with a sigh and return to her seat. Everyone now staring at Ji Hee. Ji Hee doesn't care about that. She only care for her friend to have a peaceful school life with her. Ye Eun smiles at her, showing her thanks. Ji Hee makes a V sign to her saying that she's okay. 

    Class has been dismissed as the recess starts. Ye Eun packed her things. "You're going to the art room?" Ji Hee questioned as she worries about her "You alone, are you sure?" Ye Eun giggles "Ji Hee, it's alright." She hold her hand. "It's my personal space there. I can't paint without having peace and quiet there." Ji Hee nodded. But still she looks worried. "But what if--" "Ji Hee, I still didn't break your promise, I'll go with you at the cake house after school,right?" Ji Hee smiles "Y-Yeah. Of course!"  Ye Eun noddes and grab her bag. "I'll be going, see you this after school." Ye Eun went straight out from the class. Ji Hee cannot hide her worryness. "I know I shouldn't disturb her, but--" She's confused. Will she go or not? She walks after her but stop halfway. "Park Ji Hee?" Ji Hee turns around and saw Han Soo. "Who are you?" she questions. Han Soo "Don't you recognised me? It's me Han Soo. We're friends since middle school, remember?" Ji Hee raised her brows, thinking hard. Han Soo? she thought and wondering if she've seen him before. Then she widen her eyes and looked at him. She remembered. She remembered clearly. "Choi Han Soo?" He nodded at her with a smile. "Yeah, it's me." She jumps in excitement. Her friend in middle school is a same class as her. She slapped his shoulders. "How long does it been? Since middle school?" Han Soo nodded. It's been  while since they known each other in middle school. 

 

  Ye Eun finally sits down in front of the white canvas at the quiet Art Room. This is what she really wanted. No one will disturb her here.  As she grab her pencil, she begin to sketch. Ye Eun loves to draw when she was a child. She and her twin brother use to draw together. Her brother loves to draw beautiful people, especially her, his beloved twin sister. When they're in their first year in middle schooL, her twin brother use her as a model for his painting named 'Venus'.

   "Oppa, what's Venus?" Her twin brother smiles at her 'Venus is a Goddess of love, and also Mars's lover. You look exactly like her." Ye Eun pouts "But I thought Gyu Ri from KARA is Venus." Her twin brother raise her brows and lightly knock her head. "Pabo, Gyu Ri is Aphrodite, Venus's Greek counterpart. Their different, okay?"  Ye Eun nodded while pouting. "But, why Venus? Why potray me with Venus?" her brother smiled as he looked at the paint he drew.

  Ye Eun spaced out, remembering her twin brother's paints. His paint is always so beautiful and lively with so many colours he could make. He loves painting people and sceneries while Ye Eun only paints collage. But since her brother paints them so well, she try one. One day, her paint will hang on the Art Gallery like her brother before. But the problem is, she doesn't have a model for her paint. She sighs. What will she going to do? She pouts.

   "Miss Hwang?" Ye Eun tilt her head up searching for the voice. It was Mr. Kang. The English Teacher. "What are you doing here at this hour, shouldn't you be at class with your friends?" Ye Eun lower her head. The teacher slowly approach her. There is something wrong with the teacher, he seem to be all smile when he looked at her. "Are you suppose to be with your friend, Ji Hee?" He smiles at her. Ye Eun is not answering him. She keep lowering her head, wishing that he would go away. Her body froze in an instant. The teacher then came to her. Looking at her canvas. She didn't draw anything. "You're not drawing any?" Y Eun bit her lip. She wished at he would leave him alone.

    But Mr. Kang t is eyeing her. He smirks as he touches her shoulder. Ye Eun widen her eyes. She didn't moved an inch.  "It's too bad, you didn't paint any." But his hands slowly moved to her back. Ye Eun shivers. He's touching her. What will she do? Will she fight back. "T-Teacher, I-I-" She moved but he blocked her. Ye Eun tries to fight back. But at her hands at his mercy. She pinned down by him. Ye Eun sobs. He moved his hand to her chest. As he her uniform. She bit her lip, hoping that she will not scream. He insert his hand to her . He squeezed it. She almost moan but she keep shut. "C'mon, don't tell me you won't moan." He kept on squeezing her . She fights it. She don't want to scream, she doesn't want to moan. She doesn't want to give in. She cursed him in her mind. The teacher tsk-ed as he reach to her skirt.  He insert his hand and reached her crotch. His fingers keeps digging her crotch. She almost moaned but she continue to hold it in. He fastened his fingers. "C'mon. I want to hear you.C'mon." She closed her eyes. She wished that her twin brother is here with her. She wished Ji Hee is beside her. But no one is going to help her. 

   "What are you doing?" A familiar voice echoes. She opened her eyes and saw Ji Won. Standing there. She felt like he's going to join him to do this to her. But on the other hand, she felt like he's going to save him. Mr. Kang is flustered. "J-Jung Ji Won, what are you doing here?" Ji Won raised his brow. "This is my spot." Mr Kang removed his hand and stood up. Pretending like nothing happened. Ye Eun is still on her positiion. Tears flowing from her eyes. "Y-You can't enter here just because it's your spot, this is an Art Room. Only the member of the Art Club can enter." Ji Won scratch his head. "I've been an Art Club member since first year, teach. And I'm still it's member now." Ji Won looked at Ye Eun. He carefully looked at her. Her uniform is ed and she kept holding down her skirt. He spotted tears in her eyes. "As far as I remember, you're not a teacher in charge of the Art Club, teach. I was asking you, that question." Mr. Kang avoid his eyes to Ji Won's stare. "W-Well,uh" he stutteres. Because I--" Ji Won hand out a penknife on his hand, point to the teacher. "Teach. It's not nice to ual harrase a girl." Mr. Kang moved back while Ji Won slowly to him as he look afraid looking at Ji Won's piercing death glare. "Ju-Jung Ji Won. pu-put that knife down, or I'll--".

   Ji Won than stand in front of Ye Eun. She can't believe it. A man, protecting her? She wonder why. "You're gonna use your 'teacher' status to me? After what you did? You got guts."  Mr. Kang then runs away from him. Ji Won stares at his back, amking sure that he won't return here.

   Ji Won turn to Ye Eun. He looked at her ed uniform. The zip of her skirt leaved wide open. Ye Eun is afraid he might do the same thing to her again. But to her surprised, Ji Won simply came down to her. buttoned her uniform. He hold her arms. He stood her up. He zipped her skirt closed. He steadily looked at her. Ji Won fold his lip as he brushed her hair. "You shouldn't come here all alone, you know." Ye Eun nodded. She tilt her head down " I'm sorry." He handed her a soap. "Washed that area cleanly. You can't always feel that bastard's fingers." He sternly said to her. She nodded at ease. "I won't be here protecting you if this things happen again."

   "What are you doing in the Art Rooom for?" Ye Eun finally voiced out. "Sleeping" he answered cooly. Ye Eun tilt her head to the left. "Sleeping?" Ji Won nodded his head. She raised her brow. He came here to sleep? "Why?" He lie down to the couple of chairs. "Because it's troublesome;being with other people."  Ye Eun paused. She felt like that he is just like her. Can't be around people so much. She stared at him, sleeping.  She slowly walks to him. She sits beside him.

   She examine his face. His little protuding lips, his eyelid, his eyelashes and his nose. She raised her finger, touching his nose bridge. His nose is steep, unlike the other guys's nose. If she sees his side, he looks like a Moai. She smiles at him as she touches his hair. But Ji Won's hand slowly took hers. She is sursprised. Her eyes finally met his. She looked into his eyes. His eyes is not like when he's threatening Mr. Kang. It's like when they first met at their class. But this time, it's soft. His eyes crystalized makes her weak. He carefully not to grab her hand.

   As he sits down. He reaches his hand to her hair. He let his fingers entangled by her hair. "It's soft." He smiles. Ye Eun can't help it but spellbounded by his eyes. She can't take her eyes of him. As he reach closely to her. She closed her eyes. She felt a soft feeling from her forehead. She open her eyes. He kissed her forehead. She can't believe it. Although it's not the lips but she felt like it's new for her. The first time a boy kissed her. Ji Won smiles at her, locking his vision to her eyes. He smiles. And that smiles ensure her that she's safe with him. Although she suppose to hate him but she can't. She can't bring herself to.

You shouldn't be alone, you know.

 

A/N: My 2nd chapter came out!! Hope you like it!!!