twenty

The Fallen Angel

- Baekhyun POV -

It was finally over. We were on our way back to Seoul. All I could visualize was Chae was getting beaten up by Eun Ji and Kyungsoo. She was hurt and bleeding. It was a terrifying sight.

I examined her cuts and bruises, but most of them had vanished. I smiled because the same thing happened to me after the accident. My body was healed within hours. I her hair, and I saw that Luhan was glaring at me.

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing”

“No. It looks like you are thinking of her inappropriately”

“Shut up Luhan. I’m not that kind of guy”

“Don’t touch her”

I saw her moving back and forth. Then her head hung down. She was soundly sleeping. I was going to put her head on my lap so she could sleep comfortably, but when I reached for her head I touched Luhan’s hand.

“What are you doing.” I pulled my hand back, and Luhan rested her head on his shoulder. “That’s what I thought”

“Can you two please stop arguing I’m trying to sleep”

“So are we just going to ignore what just happened back there?”

“Happened back where?”

Chanyeol was busy driving, and he didn’t add anything else. However, I wanted to know what Chanyeol was. How did he know?

“Chanyeol, I thought you were my best friend. Did you know along?”

“Yes”

“How much did you know?”

“All of it”

“For how long?”

“For quite a while now”

“Why didn’t you tell me? This could have been prevented if you told me earlier”

“I didn’t have any evidence. I need evidence to arrest people”

“How is that? Have you always been a detective?”

“No.”

“Since when?”

“Hmm after I finished college. I double majored in forensics and police investigation and business. You know just in case I ever got bored with business”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“You never asked”

“Are you allowed to tell me how it all happened?”

“Technically no, but I’ll tell you anyways because you are my best friend. When I said I knew everything, I knew just about everything”

***

“It happened about a week after you told me that you were engaged to Eun Ji. In the beginning, I was happy for you because you were going to marry the girl of your dreams.

In all honesty I was more than happy because I was tired of hearing you complain on and on about how you thought her relationships were not right. Or how you felt envious of the guys she dated.

One day, I was walking to that one chicken restaurant that is down the alleyway from our favorite ramen place.

Well I was going to met you there, but you said you had to cancel because you had to go to an early important meeting. Well I was still hungry so I went by myself.

When I arrived it was practically empty, but I didn’t care. When I was almost done I heard Eun Ji’s voice, and at first I was mad because I thought you blew me off for her. However she was talking to another man. I have never seen him.

I was going to say hi to her because I thought she was just with a friend. However, the man pulled her in and kissed her, I was going to go punch that guy for you, but when she pulled back she laughed.

Then she got mad. She said that he shouldn’t be doing that in public because people could be watching. She pouted, but she started to smile again when he apologized.

They got up and left. I was surprised to even see Eun Ji cheating on you. I was angry, but I didn’t know how to tell you.

Remember when I told you, you didn’t believe me. You sided with Eun Ji instead of your best friend. I was hurt, but I could see how much you loved her so I blame your blindness or maybe you just didn’t want to believe it because you thought she was this perfect angel.

A few days later, I had to go to a meeting with my dad to discuss some new project collaboration with the board. Once I was in the elevator I turned around, and saw that same man from chicken restaurant.

I didn’t get to follow him because the elevator doors closed. Once the doors opened, I forgot all about it because I had to keep my focus on the meeting.

At the meeting I watched everyone, and he wasn’t among any of the board members. After the meeting, I was tempted to look for him, but my dad was going to have lunch with Kyungsoo and his father, and I had to go with him.

At lunch everything was going fine until someone came into the room, and said that Kyungsoo had an important call.

Once he excused himself, I had to use the bathroom. When I was headed back I heard kyungsoo and that man talking about you and meeting someone named  Sung Min.

They talked about finding Sungmin, and that they had to met him soon. I knew Sungmin, and I wonder why Kyungsoo needed a gangster and why he mentioned you.

Later that night, I met Luhan, and he said that he banished Sungmin like two years ago for almost murdering Tao. I asked Luhan’s men, and they said they have heard rumors about him living as a hit man in order to take care of his daughter.

Now that really put me on edge. I called Kyungsoo’s office, and his secretary said that Kyungsoo was going to be in Paris for the weekend to finish some business.

However, I didn’t know where they were going to meet. I decided that I couldn’t follow him. I ended up going to Paris the same weekend because I had to go visit my sister.

Noona was repainting her house so we had to stay in a hotel. By the way it is a great hotel with a beautiful view.

I went for a late night run when I came across someone who sounded like Kyungsoo. I was going to say hi, but then Sungmin and another man came out from the bushes. Kyungsoo was up to something bad, but I didn’t know what he was planning.

That man who I saw with Eun Ji was the same man who was always with Kyungsoo. I guess that it was his secretary. At first I didn’t think that Kyungsoo knew about their relationship until I saw that them at the airport.

Once we arrived Eun Ji was in the car in the parking lot. Once she saw Kyungsoo and that man she ran up to him and kissed him. Kyungsoo got mad, but it wasn’t because they kissed it was because they did it in public and there could be people watching.

I couldn’t believe that everyone knew about it. Even after the news of you two being engaged didn’t stop them. They were planning something and I knew that their plan involved you.

Then your car accident happened. I knew that Kyungsoo was behind it, but I couldn’t report him because there was no evidence that I could use against him. I began digging.

I wanted to keep it low-key because I didn’t know who I could trust. I checked up on the investigation that Chen and Tao were doing on your case.

Occasionally I would get distracted by Chae Young. She made my heart flutter. When I first saw her in the park I thought she was just a regular girl who needed help. However, she appeared at the wrong time. I was suspicious of her. Maybe she had a hand in your accident, and when I saw her leaving the hospital that day you woke up, I thought she had done something to you.

All my suspicion was gone once I saw her cry about her family. I have never really looked into her eyes, but she had this unique twinkle in her eyes. It was like she put me under a spell that made me only want to protect her. I felt stupid for even suspecting her as a partner of Kyungsoo.

It wasn’t until after our vacation to the amusement park that you liked her. I was jealous because I could she that she liked you. You were engaged, and I knew that you were too scared to approach her so I thought I could swoop in between you two.

Sorry about that. I shouldn’t have tried to get in between you and her. Well anyways back to my story.

I stopped by your house, but you weren’t there. When I entered your room I saw your white board with all your notes. I called Chen and he said that he was visiting Sungmin’s mother’s house.

When I read that Sungmin was the one who was driving the car, it confirmed that Kyungsoo was behind the accident.

I knew that Sungmin had a daughter with a lung condition so I looked into it, and saw that she had her surgery earlier that day of the accident. They were poor, and she was ahead of some of the strongest business men of the nation. I began to wonder how that was possible for a little girl to be placed above those men.

Then it hit me. The Do family always have a charity that they pay all expenses of a family’s medical needs. Eun Ji had done it this year, and she happened to pick Sungmin’s daughter. Coincidence? I think not.

I felt bad, because there was this man named Zhang Yi Xing who was in Jeonju hospital who also needed a lung, and his condition was getting worse by the day. He had suddenly fallen into a comma the same day I met Chae Young. Last I heard was that his condition was getting worse by the day.

I was getting behind in work at the office and my dad was really pissed off. I went to ask Suho for some help. When I drover over there, I saw Kyungsoo leaving Suho’s house. I began to suspect Suho.

When I entered his house, I heard him say “Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer” the same quote I saw on your white board. My suspicion was set. He had to be in on it too.

When Suho noticed me, he jumped up. He was happy to see me. Then he told me everything. Kyungsoo was being a little and annoying. Suho and Kyungsoo had a close friendship.

He said that just now Kyungsoo came over to help him spy on everyone. Suho couldn’t care less about what Kyungsoo wanted. He just acted nice in front of him because he was a valuable investor. In fact, Suho sort of hated Kyungsoo.

I told Suho that I was suspicious of Kyungsoo, but I didn’t tell him what I was suspected him of doing. I asked Suho to double cross Kyungsoo in order to bring him down. Suho was more than happy to do it.

I had visited Sungmin’s mother the day after his death, but her house was empty. The neighbors said that she moved to the country side with her granddaughter. They didn’t know where she lived.

As I was walking back to the car, I saw this little boy who was running down the street. He was being chased by a group of men. Being the brave hero I am, I fought off those guys. When I looked back, the boy was gone. I tried looking for him, but he just vanished.

When I went to your house last night to check up on you, I found a boy in your room. The boy is the same boy as the kid I saved that day. He said that he was kidnaped after I saved him, and you rescued him from the Do family. I left him there, and asked my noona to watch over him.

Suho had formed a close relationship with Kyungsoo. They were so close that Kyungsoo trusted Suho enough to confess that he planned to kill you. Suho was able to make him talk about his plan to kill you.

Suho followed Kyungsoo and when Luhan asked Suho to take care of Chae Young it was a good thing because he had to kidnap her, and with Luhan and Minseok gone he took his chance.

However, he lost her because he had to go pee on his way there. When he drove off he noticed that she was gone. I guess she woke up while he was peeing, and got scared so she ran away. Fortunately, he found her and brought her to Kyungsoo.

I didn’t know Chae Young was an angel until Suho told me that Eun Ji said she was an angel.

Eun Ji said she was spying on Chen and Tao because she knew that they found Sungmin’s family, and she was worried that they were getting suspicious. Originally she was going to kidnap her at Minseok’s house, but when she broke into his house she was gone.

Kyungsoo wanted her because Eun Ji said that you loved her. Therefore, he planned to use her against you.

When she called Minseok, he said that she was in the hospital. Eun Ji planned to take her from the hospital, but instead she over heard Luhan and Minseok talking about Chae Young being an angel.

After eavesdropping she changed her plans, and asked Suho to take her because Kyungsoo had called her that Chen and Tao have also been captured.

Suho told me, but that stupid idiot forgot to send me the address to the warehouse. That’s why I was late. I had to freaking track his phone, and that place was like a dead zone so it was hard.”

With one last breath Chanyeol finished his whole story.

I was in shock. Everything Chanyeol had done for me, for her, for us was amazing. He really was a great friend.

“Wow. Chanyeol you’re a genius” Minseok said in astonishment.

“Why didn’t you let us in on the secret?” Luhan asked.

“Because you wouldn’t believe me.”

“Well we are your friends and we will always be there for each other” Minseok said as he patted his back.

“Oh and Chanyeol”

I saw Luhan pinch Chanyeol’s nose.

“Oh! That hurt. What was that for hyung?”

“For liking my sister! If Baekhyun can’t have her what makes you think I’ll let you have her!”

“Hey! I’m better than him!”

I reached up to Chanyeol, and flicked his head.

“Oh! You can’t deny the truth hyung”

“Chanyeol. Baekhyun. Neither of you can have her. If either of you try I will cut off your appendage and chop it up and then kill you”

“Don’t you think you’re going over board Luhan? It is her life”

“Minseok, it may be her life, but I have to take care of her.”

“Speaking about me. What’s wrong with me? When Luhan asked if any of you would let your imaginary sister date me neither one of you two disagreed with him”

“Nothing, but my sister could do better if I had one” Minseok responded with a smirk.

“Yeah hyung why would my younger, beautiful, angelic, bubbly sister date an elderly,-”

“Sassy”

“Rude”

“” all three said at the same time.

“I’m not old I’m only 22 years old. Sassy? please Tao is sassier than I. Rude? I respect people older than I. ? At least I don’t sleep with different girls each night.”

“Baek you’re 23 years old here, you can be 22 when you’re not in Korea” Chanyeol added.

“You and Tao are like twins. Both equally sassy es.” Minseok added.

“Respect your elders my . You still call me by my name. You never add the hyung part even after all these years I’ve known you. And I have changed. I’m big brother Luhan who only needs his little sister. Now I’ll only date people that she approves”

Everything fell silent.

I felt annoyed by the fact that they didn’t think I was good enough to have their sisters. I peaked at Chae Young, but Luhan was glaring at me when he caught me.

I decided to look out the window. The clock said it has only been about an hour. We still had half an hour until we arrived in Seoul.

What does she mean she has to finish her rescue mission? What was in Jeonju. Jeonju? The same place as that man who need the lungs transplant? No way? It must be a coincidence?

“Oppa saranghae”

A chill ran down my spine. I looked over at Chae Young. She was mumbling in her sleep. None of us knew who she was talking to, but we all thought it was us because she called all of us oppa.

I was getting sleepy. It felt like a wave of sleep radiated from her. I soon felt like I was leaning on her shoulder, and all worries were gone.

***

- Your POV -

“(y/n)~ (y/n)~ wake up”

I heard a faint whisper that sounded like Kris. I rub my eyes to see Kris. I smiled at him, and see that Luhan and Baekhyun were leaning their heads on my shoulder.

“Are you awake?”

I nodded.

“Come on we have to go”

“Where are we? Where are we going?”

I was still disoriented from the sleep. He gave me a minute to get back to my senses. I realized that I had to save Yixing.

My eyes shot wide open. I looked outside and saw that we were parked on the side of the road. Everyone was sleeping.

Why did Chanyeol go to sleep?

“Don’t worry I put them all to sleep. I thought you would want it this way. Come on we aren’t that far from Seoul. There is a bus that goes straight there. Hurry you don’t want to miss it”

I slowly got out of the car. Once I got out of the car, I looked into the car to see my best friend, my hero, my brother, and someone who I loved. I got the phone out from my pocket. In dramas, people always use phones to track so I placed it in between Baekhyun and Luhan.

“Good bye”

I shead a tear because I knew that I would never be able to talk to them, and I will only be a faint memory for them. I wish I could be more for them. I didn’t get the chance to say good-bye to Chen or Suho or Tao.

Kris guided me to the bus station. Once I arrived the bus was only running a little late. Once I got on the bus, I could only remember the people I was leaving behind me. Suho. Tao. Che. Chanyeol. Minseok. Luhan. Baekhyun.

As the bus pulled away so did my memories.

2:02 AM

 

hello I'm back :D sorry for the wait but I didn't feel like writing. . . well I didn't know how to continue the story. But here we are. I'll update in a few minutes. comment on how you like or dislike my storry so I write better stories for you. well saranghaeyo.