ten

The Fallen Angel

- Kyungsoo POV -

“My daughter needs the surgery now. If she doesn’t get it soon she will die”

“Okay tomorrow I will send my sister. She will pick you as one of the lucky families that we sponsor annually. She will look just like me”

“Thank you”

“Yeah yeah. And don’t come to me first, again”

“Sorry sir”

***

"HE WHAT?! HE FAILED. EVEN AFTER I SPENT A MILLION DOLLARS ON HIS DAUGHTER HE FAILED!"

"How in the world did he survive?"

"No get his friend. Tell him that he must finish it"

"Where is Baekhyun right now"

"Okay send him to the hospital and give him the liquid"

"Call me back after you met him. Okay see you Kai"

I should have never trusted him to do the plan. In the end he failed. I can’t take back the million dollars from his daughter because that will be bad publicity. Kai is calling me

"Did you meet him?"

"Did you tell him?"

"Okay come back to the office Kai."

Once Kai got back. I was walking back and forth. I was nervous. How did he fail? His friend better not fail.

“Hyung stop. The thing should kill him for sure. We even saw it work before we bought it”

“I hope so Kai”

The phone was ringing and it was my mom, “Kyungsoo did you heard about Baekhyun. He got into a car accident. He is in the hospital right now. The last thing I heard was from his mother she said he was having a cardiac arrest. I hope he doesn’t die. Hold on. His mother is calling me right now”

She hung up. And I felt a sense of relief. It must be the call that will confirm his death. A smile appeared on my lips and Kai saw that I was happy meaning that it was going well.

My sister came into my office and cried. Then she whipped her tears and ran to Kai. She kissed him very deeply and passionately. She was happy and I had to admit that she was a great actress.

They were happy and I was happy that we got rid of him. We were silently celebrating when my phone rang. It was my mom. She must be calling me to confirm his death.

“Hello. How is he?”

“He’s what?!” I said in a vague tone. My smile quickly faded. “Well that’s good. I’ll tell Eun Ji”

“Hyung what is it?”

“Oppa, is Baekhyun dead?”

“No. He is very much alive”

I feel to my knees and Eun Ji fainted. She fell into Kai’s arms. We failed again. How? The car crash should have definitely have killed him. The liquid, once it entered his bloodstream and reached his heart, there was absolutely no way he would survive.

“Where is the daughter!”

“She is in surgery right now.”

“! What about the friend?”

“He said that he was going to flee the country after he finished”

“Okay call Mr. Yuen and tell him to find him. We have to get him before he leaves”

“What about Eun Ji?”

“Just leave her here. Go quickly”

Kai left and I was biting my finger. How could we fail twice. Twice? How? Then it hit me.

It was fate telling me to stop.

I was hasty and wanted to kill him to kill him. I wasn’t getting out of it. Sure I was going to get the deal with Mr. Robertson, but we could have more if Eun Ji marries Baek Hyun because she will inherit his company also.

If she was in charge of the company we could merge and I will become one of the strongest business men in the world.

Yes. This was a sign.

“They found him”

“Good tell them to bring him to the warehouse”

“Already did. Why are you so happy?”

“I’ll tell you later. Right now I have a meeting with those guys from EXO”

“But. . .”

I walked out of the office and headed toward the conference room. Throughout the entire meeting I was thinking about how I should continue my plan. Then I was excited of the thought of being at the top of the most important business men in the whole wide world.

- Yi Xing POV -

“Grandma! I’m home!”

“I am in the kitchen sweetie”

“What are you doing grandma”

“Don’t you remember what is today?”

“Hmm it’s not mom’s birthday, not dad’s birthday, not yours, not mine. . . No I dont remember”

Her smile slowly turned into a frown. She let out a big sigh and turned around. “Well it is better that you don’t remember than to remember and feel this pain”

Then it hit me. Today was the anniversary of my baby’s sister unfortunate death. I gave my grandma a back hug. I could hear her crying which made me hold her even tighter.

When I was younger my parents adopted a girl from South Korea. She was a newly born baby, and my parents thought it would be best if we moved to South Korea.

We lived happily there until one day my sister and I were in a fatal car accident about 20-17 years ago. She died within minutes while I survived. I think I was about seven and she was about two. I don’t really remember anything about her even though we were inseparable for two years. It was as if those two years with her just disappeared from from my memory.

The crazy thing was that even my parents had no real memories of her. The pictures of her were all gone. Once she died it was like everything she touched disappeared.

Only my grandmother had memories of her. She holds all the pain to herself. Of course we would go to her grave every year on her birthday and the day of her death.

“Hey why are you crying?”

“Because you are crying grandma”

“Don’t cry it isn’t your fault you don’t remember”

“I’m sorry grandma that you have to feel all this pain alone”

“It is okay Yi Xing. Go get ready and we’ll leave after I finish packing this food”

I walked to my room and changed into my nice clothes. When I came out my grandma was done packing. Then I drove to my parents’ house. It was a beautiful day.

When we walked up to her grave it was peaceful. Originally this was the place my grandmother wanted to be burried because it was surrounded by a half circle of her favorite trees. Cherry blossoms. However,  when my sister died my grandmother wanted her to be burried here.

The cherry blossoms were in full bloom and the slight breeze made the blossoms dance down from the tree branches.

My grandma was crying again. She was the only one crying. “Dear Lord I hope you are taking care of my precious granddaughter. Is she eating well? Did she grow up to be a wonderful beautiful angel? Is she happy? I hope you take care of her. We miss you. We love you.”

We all gave her a respectful bow. We cleaned up her grave and he said our goodbyes. Every time I always ask her name, but every time I forget her name.

I walk up to her grave to see her name gone. The date of her death gone. Strange.

***

Later that afternoon, I felt sleepy. My eyes were getting really heavy. It was hard to keep them open. I haven’t had dinner yet and I didn’t want to wake up cranky for dinner. I fought to stay awake when the sleep was to heavy. It quickly over came me.

***

(This whole conversation is when Yi Xing is unconscious)

“What do you mean his lung transplant is being postponed? Do you know how long we have wanted for this? Give my son the medical treatment he needs now!”

“I am sorry miss but there was another case about a little girl needing it more than Yi Xing.”

“So now what are we suppose to do!”

“Patiently wait for another donor”

“We don’t have time to wait for another donor. You promised that my baby would be at the top of the waiting list”

“Miss please calm down”

“Sweetie it is going to be alright. Thank you Doctor Kim”

“I don’t want to lose Yi Xing like I lost our daughter”

“Honey that won’t happen. He is strong. He will make it though it”

“But what I wonder is that his illness wasn’t that advanced last week. The doctors said it was a slow process but just now the doctors said his condition worsen at a surprising pace. Before he was in the early stages but now he is in the critical stages.”

“Dont worry our son has his sister looking after him.”

“I hope so”

***

I woke up what felt like an hour later. I was in the hospital which was strange. I just fell asleep why was I here?

I got out of bed. I left the room to see the whole hospital empty. Where was everyone. Oh no was it a zombie apocalypse?!?! Where are my parents? Where is my grandmother?

I look out the window to see no one walking on the streets. The streets were empty. No cars. No people. No sound.

I walk through the hospital to find no one. I was panicking when I saw someone. He walked through walls? Was it a ghost?

I quickly followed it. I didn’t want to be seen by it so I hid behind a vending machine. It was a man. He had blonde hair and was in a suit. He entered a room and  quickly followed.

“Mr. Gong it is time. Death calls upon you. You are dead. Therefore follow me and I will take you to the afterlife.”

“No”

“No?” He sighed and then showed him something. The man quickly got up and followed. They went down the hall to an empty room and then there was a hole in the wall. The man in the suit told him to go into the hole. The did as he was told.

The hole in the wall then closed. The book in his hand began to ring. Weird. Then he opened another hole and he went into the hole. I also followed him there.

It was a weird transportation device because they next thing I knew was that I was in Seoul, South Korea. This place was the same. There was no one around.

Then all of a sudden I lost him. I looked around and there was no trace of him.

“Who are you?”

“Ahh”

“Who are you?”

“I am Zhang Yi Xing.”

“What are you doing here? How did you get here?”

“I followed you from. . . Wait where did I come from?”

“I don’t know!”

“I can’t remember anything”

“! How did you die?”

“Oh I am not dead”

“Then how are you here? You can only see me if you are dead”

“I don’t know”

“So you have no memory of how you died or who you are?”

“Well I know was that I am Zhang Yi Xing and a few days ago i was at my sister memorial.”

“Okay so whats your sister’s name?”

“I don’t know”

“How do you not know your ing sister’s name?”

“She died when I was younger and I have no memories of her okay dude”

“Okay. But do you have any idea how many people die on this planet?  It will be nearly impossible to find your body to prove your death. Ah I know I need Death! Let’s go”

He grabbed my arm and we ran. From far away it looked like we headed to the park but as we got closer there was a building. We entered and entered an elevator. We went to the very top floor. The elevator was so cool the back was glass and I saw all of Seoul.

I was taken aback from the view. I have lived in Jeonju since we have moved here. All of a sudden a memory came to me.

Oppa where is the house?

In Jeonju.

What is Seoul?

The capital of South Korea.

Mommy says I was born there.

Yes.

Why mommy, daddy, oppa say funny words than the watermelon ajumma?

Because we are from Changsha, Hunan, China

Really?

Yes.

Oppa I will go to Seoul?

By yourself?

No with oppa

Who says I will take you?

Me!

Do you have money?

Yes. I am rich.

Let me see.

Look at Mr. Piggy. He so heavy.

You silly girl. There is only 10 won in here.

Is it enough?

Enough to by ice cream

ICE CREAM?! Lets go oppa!

Where?

To get ice cream! Can we get mint ice cream?

Sure anything for my little sister. Hey I promise I will take you to Seoul when we are older okay?

Promise?

Promise.

I love you oppa.

I love you too.

“Hey can you hear me?”

I was stuck in my memory until the name called me back to reality. I just stared at him. I didn’t understand what he said.

“Hey did you hear me?”

“No sorry.”

“I am Oh Se Hun”

“Hello”

“We are going to met my hyung Death. He is one of the biggest dorks I know beside my best friend. He hates it when you stare at him so don’t do it”

When we arrived we walked pass the receptionist and straight into the doors. I followed behind him then he suddenly stopped. There was no one inside.

“Where is he?”

“He said he went to visit his sister”

“Ah thank you. Lets go”

I followed him to the window then he pulled me out. I closed my eyes but before we could hit the floor we stopped. I opened my eyes to see the floor an inch away then I lightly hit the floor.

We were in a house. It was a nice apartment. Sehun turned to me.

“Yi Xing go hid or something my hyung and friend can’t see you before I explain to them. Dont come out until I tell you.”

“Okie dolor” I walked toward the right and I found a bedroom. It was plan and dark. I felt a strong shift then I heard another man’s voice. The voice was deep that it could cause an earthquake.

They were talking but I couldn’t hear what they were saying. Then I saw something sticking out from a drawn. I opened it and saw these cute panda boxers. I dug deeper to find more cute things.

I was busy looking through the owners things. When I suddenly felt a greater shift and a large cold chill ran down my spine. The force was strong with this one. I went to go see who it was but I had to be totally nonchalant about it so I picked up the panda boxers and walked out.

 

Hello :D I have a 5 day break from school so I will be posting more. I wrote Lay's story. See any parallel? Did you figure out who is Lay's step sister? Secrets will be revealed soon. :D happy reading.