The man in the picture

Because I'm Your Hope

“Jimin, it’s after school. Are you ready for practice?” I shouted at my underclassman friend from across the field, I didn’t’ mind if he was a bit younger than me. He’s really mature for his age… well ok. Mature is a bit of a strong word. But I do seem to enjoy his company. Even though he likes talk about the people he’s banged.

“Yeah Man, I’d love to. You know it’s my favorite think to do after school! I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” Jimin said as he walked to me.

“So I was think-.” I spoke before I was interrupted by Jimin franticly reaching for his phone giggling with a wide smile on his face.

“are you-“ he shushed me quickly and I just rolled my eyes waiting for him to put down his phone.

“Hoseok, I was wondering.” He asked nicely. “Is it was ok to bring a friend with me today?”

“Jimin you have friends other than me? I thought you slept with them all.” I chuckled a bit at my joke but he didn’t take a liking to it all that well.

“Shut up hyung, and I don’t sleep with everyone you know, you don’t see me taking a ride on you disco stick now do you?” He had a good point, but he forgets he’s tried. Many times before, but I decide maybe it’s not a good idea to start that one again.

“Ok Jimin, you can bring your friend; but on one condition you can’t be trying to get in his pants the whole time.” He smiled from ear to ear and began rapidly taping on his phone.


As soon as we arrived at the studio there was a young male waiting for us. He had shiny (not greasy but shiny) black hair and a very innocent face. I really wanted to pinch his cheeks but that would be weird considering I hadn’t known who the boy was. I approached the male hoping he would notice my presence. The younger male seemed to be staring off into space. Until he saw me, that is.

“H-He- Hello.” he said. In a stuttering tone “You’re Jimin’s friend correct? My name is Jeon Jungkook it’s a pleasure to meet you” Jungkook bowed very politely with a hint of red on his cheeks. I was thoroughly impressed by the boy’s politeness. So i nodded with agreement.

“SOO~ who wants to dance? I certainly do.” Jimin said really loudly. He looked at me in this WTF kind of face and grabbed Jungkook by the hand directing him towards our dance studio.

We danced for several hours till Jungkook had to go home said something about his brother going to kill him if he didn’t get home in 10 minutes. Jimin said he would walk Jungkook home but he wanted to shower first so left me with Jungkook.

“Um. Hoseok-sshi I was wondering if I could have y-your phone number. So maybe we could practice again some time?” Jungkook asked in a small aegyo like voice. It was so cute how could I, say no.

“Yeah here give me your phone.” I took the phone about to type in my digits when I noticed the background on his phone. Jungkook was there standing next to the most elegant man I could ever have laid my eyes upon. His light skin glistened it the shine of the photo, his face complemented everything about him, and I mean everything. I wanted to ask who it was, but I chickened out and put my number in. When I put the screen on lock I notice in my reflection. I was blushing a crimson red.


Later that night I got a few texts from Jimin.

J: Yo, so what do you think out our lovely friend Jungkook? I’m thinking about calling him kookie for short, isn’t that a cute name!

H: I guess it’s all right, but don’t you think it’s a little soon to be giving pet names? And he’s alright.

J: what do you mean to soon? Jungkook already calls you Hobi! Why don’t I get a nickname?

H: Hobi? Dafuq kinda name is that?

J: don’t make fun of it our beautiful Kookie made it just for you!! Now quick give me a name.

H: how about chim chim?

J: what the hell kinda name is that? It’s worst then Hobi.

H: one you wanted a nick name so you got one, and isn’t it you who said your beloved kookie made it?

J: you have a point, but can’t you make it sound cute? I want my kookie to refer me by it always and I want it to be good.

H: fine how about jiminnie? That good enough?

J: its perfect. Well good night.

H: Hey before you go. There’s this guy on the background of kookies phone, can you find out who he is. I want to know.

J: you just called him Kookie, hahahaha, and yeah I can find out. Why do you wanna know?

H: damn it Jimin shut up! And I just really wanna know.

I couldn’t tell Jimin Why because I didn’t really know why myself. I just know I really want to see that beautiful face in person. Maybe even know his name.