4. Costumes

Teukmin Oneshots

“This is absolutely ridiculous...”

“Oh nonsense honey, you're barely seventeen there's absolutely no reason for you to grow up too fast!”

“But muuuuuuuuuuuum” Sungmin whined, pouting at his amused mother in the kitchen. “Thats exactly the point! I'm seventeen I shouldn't have to be dressing up to do this! Especially not something as lame as... that.”

His mother sighed, putting down the knife she was using and turning to him. “You didn't want to come with us when we went out costume shopping the other day so it's all you've got – your little brother is really excited and he picked it out himself! Try and humour him for one night and you never have to wear it again.”

“Fiiiiiiiiiiineeee” Sungmin groaned, stomping his way back up the stairs and into his bedroom, staring at the costume laid out atop his bed. When he'd agreed to be the one to take his brother and his friends around for Halloween he'd expected to just walk around and get free candy, he didn't think his brother would go so far as to make him dress up as well. Sighing he moved forward to his bed, starting to figure out how exactly he should put on this... thing.

Half an hour later he heard a shout from downstairs, calling him down. Putting the cape on and grabbing the small mask Sungmin gave himself one last glance, grimacing before heading down the stairs, his mother gasping.

“Oh you look wonderful honey!”

“Yeah okay thanks for lying, it was a nice thought though.” 

Letting out an amused chuckle his mum leant towards the stairs, shouting out once again. “Sweetie Ming is ready, you're going to be late if you don't leave soon!”

Almost immediately a series of bangs come from upstairs, door slamming before a blur of orange comes bounding down the stairs towards Sungmin, throwing itself into the elders arms, large giraffe hat nearly hitting him in the face. “Baby Wookie! Look at you in your giraffe outfit, so cute~”

“Hyung!!” Ryeowook squealed, holding onto the other tightly. “You're Robin!! We made a good choice didn't we mummy.”

“We did.” she laughed, watching the two giggle together. “Okay, go have fun and try not to come home too late – Ming make sure you keep the other boys safe.”

Nodding Sungmin placed Ryeowook on the ground, grabbing his hand tightly as they were ushered out the door, Ryeowook pulling him along quickly towards the nearby park they were meant to meet up with the others a block away. When the rounded the corner, small group of 6 year olds huddled together, Ryeowook tugged on his hand until he finally let go, bounding off towards them with a shout.

“kYUKYU!!”

As his brother clung to the other boy – dressed as some sort of alien from some game he shouldn't be playing at the age of 6 – Sungmin eyed the group in front of him in an attempt to quickly count the number of kids he'd have to keep an eye on when a hand suddenly landed on his shoulder. Spinning Sungmin came face to face with a tall boy, black hair falling into his eyes and large dimpled grin on his face.

“Hi you're Ryeowook's brother right? I'm Jungsoo, Kyuhyun's cousin. His mum asked me to help out taking all the kids around if you don't mind.”

“No – no thats cool, the more the merrier.” Sungmin stuttered, smiling gently when the others smile widened.

“Awesome. By the way, I like your costume.” Jungsoo replied, smile turning to a cheeky grin as he moved past Sungmin to the group of kids to get them on the way. Face stained a light pink Sungmin turned to watch the other, eyes widening at the familiar cape of the back of the costume the other boy was wearing.

“Minnie hyung cmonnnnn we're going to go get candy!!!” Ryeowook shouted, waving his blushing brother over before running ahead with the others, leaving Sungmin to trail behind with the other boy. An awkward silence fell between them, Sungmin refusing to look up from his feet as they waledk down the pavement together.

“So...why'd you choose to dress up as Robin?”

Blushing Sungmin bit his lip, eyes hidden under his fringe. “Uhh – my brother picked it out for me. I would've told him it was silly but he was super excited to have me dressed up in what he picked I just went along with it”

“Ahh makes sense, you're a good brother!” Jungsoo replied, giving Sungmin another bright smile that made the blood rush straight to his face once again.

“Wh-why'd you pick Batman?”

“Funnily enough, Kyuhyunnie picked it out for me. Apparently he demanded that I wear a costume he picked out so here I am. Not that I really mind I mean, its Batman.”

Sungmin simply nodded in response as they reached the first house, group heading up the steps and knocking on the door. When an old lady opened the door the kids shouted trick or treat, cheering as she handed out a number of various candies. Looking up as the group takes their share she looks at the pair behind them, smiling warmly.

“Well aren't you two cute, dressed up together and everything.”

At her words Sungmin spluttered, face bright red as Jungsoo chuckled awkwardly beside him. “NO, uhh no, we-we're not together.”

“If you say so.” She sung, smiling at the pair one last time before the group began to move back down onto the street. As the group continued to move door to door down the street the adults continued to mistake them as a couple, Sungmin's face turning redder and redder at every compliment directed at them. When they finally reached the end of the block, walking down the crowded street with the hyperactive group of children Jungsoo cleared his throat, capturing his attention.

“Well, that was awkward.”

Sungmin gave a small chuckle before noticing Kyuhyun and Ryeowook grinning back at them. “You... you don't think those two planned all this costume nonsense do you?”

“No way! They're six they're not masterminds—” Jungsoo paused, biting his lip lightly. “--well, knowing Kyuhyun... maybe.”

At Jungsoo's hesitance Sungmin let out a loud giggle, bright grin infectious as Jungsoo also broke out into laughter, both doubled over and leaning against each other. When they finally managed to calm themselves, Sungmin wiping his eyes as he stumbled down the road between random amused giggles.

“You know, I'm more than happy to have people thinking I'm in a relationship with someone as adorable as you.” Jungsoo quietly said, looking at the other with a soft smile. Sungmin gaped, taking in Jungsoo's words as the older took his hand, quickly pulling him along to catch up with the boys at the next house.

When the woman opened the door, chocolates in hand she smiled at the two older boys standing together. “You're costumes look great together, almost as good as the rest of these amazing outfits!”

“Thank you ma’am, thats very kind of you to say - although Robin here looks much better.” Jungsoo replied, sending the bewildered Sungmin an amused wink as the woman cooed over them. 

The rest of the night they continue through the streets hand in hand, Jungsoo smiling widely and Sungmin making sure he would give Ryeowook all the candy he'd collected as a thank you.

-----

prompt: Imagine your OTP in matching Halloween costumes.