2. Ice

Teukmin Oneshots

Jungsoo was officially 15 minutes early, standing outside the large building that held their local ice rink as he waited for his date to arrive. It had taken him months to work up the courage to ask out the Lee Sungmin, university hot shot and one of the most popular kids on campus, and when the other man had [surprisingly] agreed it had been Jungsoo's mission to pick something interesting enough for him to make a good impression.

“Hey Jungsoo hyung! I'm sorry my bus was late, did I make you wait too long?” Jumping the older twirled on his heel, blushing as he came face to face with the gorgeous man, bright smile plastered on his face as he looked at him.

“Oh no – no I was a little early its fine.” Jungsoo managed to mumble out, looking at his shoes in embarrassment as Sungmin's grin widened, starting to walk them into the building.

“Thats good. I can't believe we're going ice skating! I haven't been in years I've missed it so much.”

“Really?” Jungsoo replied, looking at the other curiously.

“Yeah I used to be a junior ice skater before I dropped it to focus on my studies.” Sungmin explained, grinning as he collected their borrowed pairs of skates from the front desk, walking over to the rows of seats around the large patch of ice, a couple of random skaters around the area. “The ice used to be like a second home to me, it feels good to be back!”

With a grateful smile at the older Sungmin settled on one of the nearby benches, pulling Jungsoo down beside him as he carefully took off his shoes. Before Sungmin could reach for his skates Jungsoo hopped up, quickly grabbing them out of his hands. The younger's confusion made way for a heavy blush as the older kneeled, helping to slide his feet gently into the skates, tying them up quickly with a smile.

Quickly putting his own skates on, Sungmin mumbling a quiet thank you beside him, Jungsoo rose to his feet, only wobbling slightly as he held his hand out for Sungmin, leading them both to the edge of the ice. Slipping off their rubber protectors and skating out onto the ice together.

As they start to go in circles around the ice Jungsoo realises that it is  a lot easier to walk on skates compared to actually skating, the older struggling to barely move his legs forward as he's dragged along by a giddy Sungmin, teetering precariously back and forth.

“S-sungmin maybe we should just slow down a bit instead of going f-faster, just for a minute so I can get my bearings o-okay – Min...?” Jungsoo continued to babble, almost begging the other to slow down as they make their first full loop of the ice. 

“Hyung watch this!” Sungmin shouted, Jungsoo squeaking as the other let go of his hands to start doing simple turns and jumps in the middle of the ice. As soon as Sungmin let go Jungsoo lost all control, barely staying upright as he went flying into the wall barrier, slamming into the side with a groan as he gripped the edge tightly, desperately trying to hold himself up.

After a number of final twists Sungmin skated back to his side, bright grin on his face as Jungsoo warily smiled back, letting out a low whine as the younger grabbed him and lead him back to an empty section in the middle of the ice.

“Here follow me okay, back and forth” Turning to face the the apprehensive elder Sungmin guided him, starting to move them slowly around in a small circle until Jungsoo could properly stand without falling over, their hands tightly entwined. Eventually Sungmin loosened their grip and Jungsoo was able continue on his own, triumphant smile on his face. He mades it a few more steps before he started to wobble, looking at Sungmin alarmed as he lost his balance and tipped over straight into Sungmin's arms, sending them both crashing onto the ice.

The pair stared at each other bewildered before they burst into giggles, Sungmin's bright smile plastered on his face as he lifted himself back onto his feet, pulling Jungsoo along with him. They continued to skate in their own small circle, others watching on curiously as Jungsoo awkwardly shuffled forward a few feet before sending them both crashing to the ground once more.

When Sungmin finally feels like the other has  had enough, Jungsoo sure that they were both going to have some sort of bruise tomorrow morning, Sungmin guided them off the ice, helping the tired elder back to their seats. Collapsing with a groan Sungmin giggled at the other, taking off his skates before jumping to help the other, returning the favour from earlier in the day.

“Thank god.” Jungsoo mumbled, Sungmin snickering at the look of pure relief on Jungsoo's face to be back on solid ground. Sitting back beside him he peered at the other whose eyes were shut tight. Sungmin paused for just a moment, mischievous grin on his face before he leant forward, giving Jungsoo's cheek a quick peck.

“I had a lot of fun today! Next time we can do something quiet that you'd enjoy them hyung~”

Cracking an eye open he looked at his grinning date, sending him a tired smile. 

“...deal.”

-----

prompt: 'going on an ice skating date and person a being a klutz that keeps falling so person b has to hold their hands but they both end up tripping and landing on their asses and everyone stares at them as they keep laughing'