Chapter Three

Be Mine, Baby!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 year old eunhae, first day of primary school

"Come on, Hyukkie! Let's go!" Donghae calls into the apartment adjacent to his own, grinning as Hyukjae and his mother come running to the door, eager to appease the rushing child standing in their doorway. "Remember, you have to look after each other. This isn't like kindergarten anymore, school is for big kids and you'll have to be careful," Donghae's mother tells them as the four move into the elevator and down to the ground floor.

"We know, we won't leave each other," Donghae replies, grabbing Hyukjae's hand to cement the fact. "We'll be good," Hyukjae reassures further, holding Donghae's hand as they walk together, and kissing Donghae's cheek softly out of the pure devotion he has already formed towards his best friend.

 

 

“Alright, kids! Let’s start by counting to ten,” Mrs Kim announces, attracting the attention of the twenty children in front of her. Of course Hyukjae and Donghae do it with no problem, quite a few of the other kids struggling slightly but following on after them. “Well done, kids!” The teacher praises them all, helping the struggling kids for a few minutes while letting the others talk amongst themselves.

“Hae, when is food time?” Hyukjae asks, pouting while clinging to Donghae’s arm. “Don’t know, Hyukkie. Hungry too,” Donghae responds, patting Hyukjae’s stomach lightly to help ease the emptiness. Smiling happily, Donghae returns the hug that Hyukjae gives him, both boys holding each other tenderly before giggling at their sappiness.

“Are you bestest friends?” A boy sitting close to them asks, his big eyes widened in wonder when they nod proudly. “I’m Kyuhyun, I don’t have a friend,” The boy says, pouting sadly before another boy puts an arm around his shoulder. “I need a bestest friend too, can we be bestest friends? I’m Siwon,” The other boy says, hugging Kyuhyun when he nods in agreement, the newly formed pair shuffling over to sit next to Hyukjae and Donghae who have resorted to holding hands for closeness.

“Hi, Kyu and Wonnie, I’m Donghae and this is my bestest friend Hyukjae,” Donghae greets them, turning back towards Hyukjae to kiss his cheek in reaffirmation of his words, Hyukjae doing the same in return as Donghae climbs over to sit on his lap, the older boy hugging him close.

“Whoa! Are you gonna get married when you’re big?” Kyuhyun asks in wonder, watching the two with excitement. “I guess so,” Hyukjae shrugs, “You’ll marry me won’t you, Hae?” The boy in Hyukjae’s arms nods happily, blushing as he says, “I’m the husband!” A small frown creases Hyukjae’s forehead before he responds, “I’m the husband too! We can share it!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter