Chap. 2

What Eyes Can't See

It's already been a month since Kris started to live with Tao & Kyungsoo. He got used to the house quickly. He knows every nook and cranny of the house now like it was his own. Tao helped him by touring him around the house.

On days, Tao & Kyungsoo will leave. Tao will come home at 2pm then they will start the tutoring. Tao is naturally good at everything so he learned so fast. Even if Kris cannot see, it didn't became a problem to them. Kris will say what Tao needs to learn then the younger would write it down. Their tests are oral so there's really no problem.

Kyungsoo will usually come home at 6pm or if he's busy he'll come home at 8pm. The older of the three will only cook them dinner then he would go back to his room to rest.

Tao said Kyungsoo refused to hire a maid because they can't be trusted. Kris asked Tao what about him. Why did Kyungsoo agreed so easily to let him stay. Tao said he's a different case and he doesn't look like a bad guy or someone who would do something bad.

Tao and Kris got so close to each other. On nights that Kyungsoo is not home, Tao would go to Kris room to bother him. He would bring a lot of chocolates (w/c he cannot eat when his brother is there) and a lot of junk foods. He would ask Kris tell him stories too about how to live without seeing anything. It's not that entertaining, even Kris is getting bored while he's on it but Tao seems amused with anything and everything he's saying so he never once stopped talking.

Tao is a really good kid. He's always there helping Kris when he needs him. Kris already memorized the house but whenever Tao is home he would still guide the older.

For a whole month, Tao is always there with him. It became a daily routine for them to chat and bother each other. Kris got used to Tao who always wants to surprise him. But blinds are good to tell if there's someone behind them so Kris was just pretending to be surprised. He loves to hear Tao laughing at his faked reaction.

As for Luhan, Kris never once called. Tao & Kyungsoo is not asking him about it too. He doesn't know if Luhan is looking for him or not. If he's worried for him or not. Or if he's already considered dead or not. What matters to Kris now is that he's happy. A happiness that he never felt when he's with Luhan, his own brother and his only family left. He just keeps on praying that LuHan is happy because if he's not then, him running away from home wouldn't have a point.

Just like the past few day, it seems like Kyungsoo wouldn't be home. He's been so busy for a week now. Good thing Tao can cook a little so they survived.

"There's a storm coming. I wonder if Kyung-hyung is okay?" Tao said as he stare outside Kris window.

"Why don't you call him Tao? To make sure he's fine. I'm kinda worried too. The last time he went home I heard him sneezing."

"Really?" Kris nods at Tao. "I'll go get my phone on my room. Wait for me Kris gege. You talk to him." he said already standing up and ready to run.

Kris heard Tao running out of his room. Tao really is just a kid and he likes how Tao seems so spoiled. It was actually cute. He can still remember when Tao took him to the mall. Kyungsoo gave Tao the credit card that Kris will be using for a while, instead of buying what he needs. He bought what Tao wants. In the end, they both got scolded by Kyungsoo and the older bought all of Kris' things for him.

Kris patiently waited for Tao to come back. He can tell that it's already raining outside. The raindrops is not calming at Kris remembers it. It's just hitting the roof too hard that Kris almost jumped when a loud thunder was heard. After that loud gong, he heard hurrying footsteps then another loud bang. Now it's he can tell that it was his door, not the heaven.

"GEGE! I'M SCARED!!" Tao said as he join Kris on his bed then pulls the blanket to them both.

"Tao! Why are we hiding inside the blanket. I can't breathe! It's cramped!" Kris protested.

"But gege! I'm scared!!!"

When another thunder strikes, Tao scooted closer toKris more. Kris is already lying on his bed and Tao in on top of him now. He can feel Tao's hand on his chest and Tao's whole being trembling in fear. Kris already knows that Tao is a big kid. But having him on top of him now, Kris cannot believe how light the younger is.

"Hey Tao. Do you know that there's an advantage for being blind?" Kris said as he wrap his hands on Tao's trembling body. He felt Tao relaxed a little.

"W.. .what is it?"

"we can't see the scary things. The things that other people are scared of. It was kind of good. Do you want to try being blind for a while so you can't see the lighting that's scaring you?"

"H.. .how!?"

"Stay here." Kris said as get out of the blanket and walked away to somewhere. Tao stayed inside his temporary shelter and patiently waited for Kris to come back.

"Kris gege~!" he called him after a minute.

"just a second Tao." Kris said then Tao heard another loud thunder. He buried himself more on Kris bed.

Kris came back to the bed and entered Tao's blanket shelter and touched Tao's face. Tao can't really tell what's in Kris hands since it was kind of dark.

"Gege~ what's that?" he asked.

"Blindfold and headset." Kris said calmly.

Kris gently put the blindfold in Tao's eyes. Sometimes seeing pure darkness is not that bad. Tao calmed down a little, he can't see the sharp lightings now. He was about to say that he can still hear it but Kris touched his lips. Tao was glad that Kris is blind because he's definitely blushing at the moment.

"W.. .what?" Tao asked in an almost whisper tone.

"Shut the real world for now Tao. Welcome to my world. A world with only darkness and music."

Tao was not sure what Kris was thinking. Kris is not sure what he was thinking too when he kissed Tao in the cheek. He felt how Tao got surprised so before the younger could ask any question (which he cannot answer himself) he put the headset on Tao's ear and played the music.

It was a sweet love song that they are listening to. The title is, 'The happiness of enduring hardship together'. It was amazing how it made Tao's body relax so quickly. How Tao didn't mind anymore when Kris pulled him closer so the could hug each other. How they can both feel each others breath. And how their bodies are incredibly close, so close that they can tell how warm the others body is.

It was so relaxing and comfortable for the both of them.It was cold because of the rain but thanks to the blanket and their body heat, it's not that cold anymore. Tao wants to thank Kris too because he can't see the lightning and he can't hear the thunder anymore. He's not scared anymore and he felt safe on Kris' arms, on Kris' bed, inside their little shelter made in Kris' blanket.

Tao touched Kris ears to see if he's listening to music too. He is, he had a headset too. After that, Tao fell asleep because of the comfort. He felt so fitted and belonged on where he's lying. He never felt that on his own bed. Only on Kris' bed. Maybe because he's in Kris arms.

Kyungsoo came home that day. He was just glad that he was able to finish his work. He just wants to check on Tao and Kris first then sleep on his bed. God, he missed his bed.

He checked Tao's room first but the younger is not there. Since Kris' room is next to Tao's he checked on Kris. He was kind of surprised when he saw Tao in Kris bed. He had a blindfold and headset, the two are hugging. Kyungsoo silently approached them and then looked at Tao's face. He looked content and happy and calm. Kyungsoo smiled and kissed Tao's forehead before exiting the room. He doesn't want to wake them because they are just too precious. He knows what happened to them and now, he's glad that Kris is there to help Tao when he's not there to do it.

~~~

Another month passed so easily. The house is still the same. The three of them is still living on one roof. Kris is more like a family now than a mere stranger and tutor. He learned how to move in the kitchen when Tao & Kyungsoo is not there to help him cook.

Tao volunteered to teach Kris around the kitchen but Kyungsoo knowing how clumsy Tao is, stopped him and teach Kris instead. Kyungsoo also bought Kris a phone so he can call them when something is wrong. Kris basically became a guard in the house when both of them are not home.

One Saturday, Tao's friends; Kai, Sehun, and Baekhyun decided to have a sleep over on Tao's. Kris can feel a glare on one of them but he really cannot tell who. He just felt like he was being watched.

"Tao. I can tell that someone is glaring at me. Did I manage to make someone angry at me for some reason? I could always apologize you know?" he told Tao.

"No ones glaring at you gege. Oh~ wait! Maybe it's Baekhyun. He won't shut up about how handsome you are gege. Maybe he likes you." Tao giggled as he poke Kris' shoulder, trying to tease the older.

"Wait~ so your friends are gay?" Kris awkwardly asked.

"Yes. I am too. Kyung-hyung too. Does it bother you?" Tao asked worriedly.

"Uh, no. I'm bi." Kris confessed. It was true, before he lost his sight he was known as LG-Killer, stands for Ladies & Gentlemen killer. Tao laughed cutely. Maybe he thought Kris was joking but he's totally serious. Kris heard Tao's friends calling him.

"They're calling me. Wait a minute okay." Tao shook Kris shoulder slightly before running to his friends.

Kris wanted to return to his room so he stood up. He passed by the living room where Tao and his friends are. He hates this part of his life. A part where he needs to hear them talking and gets curious to whatever they talking about and he would always ended up eavesdropping.

"Tao. I know that Kris hyung is handsome and he looks like a good guy too. BUT! we're still not sure!"

"Kai! Will you stop it! I already said that he's a good guy so HE IS! A GOOD GUY!"

"Kai, are you worried for Tao?" someone teased.

"Sehun! You idiot! Of course I'm worried! He's our friend!"

"You mean EX-BOYFRIEND?" another voice joined.

"Oh~! So you are worried for me." Tao said hopefully.

"As if! Tao, I hate to hurt you but I just want to remind you that I broke up with you because I fell in love with your brother. Truth is, I'm worried for Kyungsoo hyung. I mean, you're careless but he's 10x more careless than you. What if that Kris guy jumps my Kyungsoo hyung!?"

"Kai! Kris gege will never do that kind of thing!" Tao argued.

"We'll never know! Being blind doesn't mean being impotent! He's a guy for Gods sake Tao. I'm sure he knows how to get !"

"Kim Jongin! If you don't shut up now! Consider yourself out of my house and out of my friends list." Tao warned as he stomped out of the living room.

"Ugly Panda!" Kris heard Kai whisper.

"Idiot! He's not ugly! Don't let him hear you say that! You know how that hurts him so much. If you say that again consider yourself out of my friends list too."

"You go Sehun!" Baekhyun cheered. "Same for me Kim Jongin. Stop saying that Tao is ugly. It's his complex. Do you what to make him cry?"

Kris heard enough and Tao walked out so he might see him eavesdropping. He walked faster to get to his room. He wants to curl in a ball or maybe punch one of his pillows as if he's punching Kai. Teenagers are so rude these days, Kris can't take it. How can you call your friends ugly. That's just not right. There are no single person on earth that is ugly. Kris believes that way, they are not ugly. They are just born more unique than the others.

When Kris entered his room he heard someone sobbing. Oh no, he knows it was Tao. Maybe he heard Kai and he was so hurt that's why he crying.

"Tao? Are you crying?" he asked an obvious question.

"gege~ Kai doesn't love me. He loves Kyung-hyung. He's the one who confessed to me you know. And now he's not even worried for me. All he sees now is Kyung-hyung. I hate Kai! I really really hate him!" Tao cried louder.

Kris was hurt to hear Tao crying. That was the first time he heard Tao so broken. It was shattering his heart. Now he wants to punch Kai more. If only he can see, if only he can run to where Kai is now and punch him square in the face for making Tao cry. For hurting Tao. And for making him realize that he's in-love with Tao.

 

"Baby don't cry, soba ni iru yo; (Baby don't cry, I'm by your side)

Boku no koe yo todoite baby my love love love; (I'm sending you my voice, baby my love love love)

So you can try, namida wo fuite (so you can try, dry your tears)

Kimi wa mou hitori janai (You're not alone any longer)

You're not alone alone alone. (You're not alone alone alone)" Kris sang.

 

He knows that he doesn't have the most beautiful voice when singing but at least it has feelings.

"Gege. This is not the right time to sing and brag that you know Japanese!" Tao whined. Kris chuckled a little, that's not his intention at all.

"Tao, I'm not bragging. Those are the words I really want to tell you right now. Don't cry anymore okay."

He used his stick to get on his bed where he knows Tao is. He felt Tao when he sat in the bed. Just like before, it seems like Tao is curling himself on a ball again using Kris' blanket.

"I hate Kai!" Tao said sobbing.

"Mm~ I hate him too." Kris confessed.

"You do?" Kris nods, he can tell that Tao is looking at him. "But you just met him?"

"Yes. But he made you cry so I hate him."

Tao shifted on the blanket. Kris is doing it again, making Tao's heart jump out of his body. Tao doesn't know what those feelings are since that was the first time he felt that. It like a mixture of all the possible emotions a person can feel. It's weird.

"Gege~ maybe Kai hates me because I'm ugly. You know. Since we started living here, all the comments I heard from my classmates is that I'm ugly. Kyung-hyung is so handsome, his lips are heart shaped, he has big eyes, his nose is perfect and his skin is so soft. Maybe that's why Kai fell in love with him." Tao stopped crying but he's still sobbing.

Kris felt a pang in his heart. After he heard the conversation between, Kai, Baekhyun and Sehun he's been hurting. And now, Tao is personally asking him how he looks knowing Kris can't see.

"Tao. You do know that I'm blind right? If I tell you that you're not ugly and you are as handsome as you describe Kyungsoo, then you'll get hurt more because you know that I'm lying right?"

"Gege~ I really want your opinion. Kyung-hyung said I'm not ugly, Sehun & Baekhyun too. But they are close to me so of course they won't say it. Please be honest with me gege. Right now, you're the only person I'll believe."

"But how can I do that Tao? I'm blind." Kris got hurt by his own words. He hates his situation right now.

Tao grabbed his hands and gripped it so hard. Tao's hands is kind of wet, maybe it was his tears. It's not like Kris cares, it's Tao anyway. His hands are just so warm, unlike Kris' hands that was slightly cold.

"Touch my face gege. You can tell if you feel it right?"

Kris is such an idiot for not thinking that. And Tao is a genius for thinking that. That's right. He can just touch Tao's face then he'll be able to tell how Tao looks like. Even just for a little, he will be able to picture Tao on his head. All he needs is a little bit of imagination.

Tao guided Kris' hands. Tao's face is still wet from crying. Tao let Kris' hands go and let the older move his hands on his own. Kris hates the feeling of tears on Tao's soft cheeks. He ran his hands through Tao's cheeks until he felt the corner of Tao's eyes. He wiped the tears in there, he carefully put his thumb between Tao's eyes and the bridge of his nose then wipe the tears away.

"You have a very sharp eyes." he said as he feel the structure of Tao's eyes. "..long eyelashes, are you sleep deprived Tao? I can feel the bags under your eyes. Not getting enough sleep?" he asked then he heard Tao chuckled.

"Something like that gege. I always have dark circles. I don't think you already heard Kyung-hyung call me Panda but he does call me that sometimes."

"Mm. I see." Kris said as he change the direction of his hands. He's now feeling Tao's nose. "Wow. Your nose is so pointy."

"Is that ugly?" the younger asked worriedly.

"Definitely not!! That's perfect!" Kris said honestly. "Oh~ I can feel the bones on it! Oh my God. That feels so perfect! Do you know that I've been dreaming of having those kind of bumpy bones on my nose. That's y you know." he said excitedly.

Now Kris is so into it. He was wondering why he never once thought of doing that. When Tao proposed the idea he told himself that he won't lie to Tao. He'll honestly say what he thinks Tao looks like. Right now, what Tao needs is honesty, not lies.

"You have a very pointy nose yourself gege." Tao said slightly blushing.

He already forgets the reason why Kris is touching his face now. Kai is long forgotten. All Tao can think now is how Kris will describe him. What Kris thinks he looks like. The honest words that's coming out of the his mouth. That is what concerning Tao now.

"Yes I do. But I still want the bones okay." he lowers his hands to now touch Tao's lips. "Mm ...perfect." Kris commented.

"That's all? You touched my lips and you said it's perfect?"

"Do you want me to tell you all the details why I think it's perfect?" Kris asked and Tao nods furiously. "Ok. The corner of your mouth, it feels sharp and thin. I'm not good at describing into words so just try to understand okay?" he warned him.

"Okay gege" Tao answered slightly laughing at how Kris looked like when he said it.

"Okay! I seriously can't describe it! Can't I just say that your lips is perfect. Like perfect shaped and an ideal lips for kissing. Wait. Maybe kissable lips would be a perfect description?" Kris said. The way he said the words starts to slow to fast. There's a hint of panic by the way he said it.

Kris is still touching Tao's lips so he felt if clearly when the it twitched while he's speaking. It slightly parted too when Kris said 'Kissable Lips'. Seems like Tao got surprised by his words but that's really the only description he knows fitting for what he felt.

"That's really embarrassing." Tao said as he took Kris hands and hold it down. Tao is trying to hold it down because he's really shy at the moment and he can't let Kris know that his face is hot and he's blushing or else he would get shy more.

"It is?" he asked as if he's not embarrass himself. He took his hands out of Tao's desperate grip. "We're not done yet. I want to feel more Tao." he said as he now touch Tao's jawline.

"Can't we do it another time?" Tao said as he grab Kris' hands again.

"Nope!" Kris said before shooing Tao's hands away. "Holy Cow!" he suddenly said.

"W.. .what is it? Ugly?" Tao asked worriedly. Seriously he would mention ugly whenever he has a chance.

"Ugly? Are you ing kidding me?" Kris was surprised by his own words so he put his other hand on his mouth. "Oh my God! That was the first time I swear."

"Why did you swear then?"

"Because your jaw line is so sharp!" he almost shouted. "Tao! Let me talk to all the people who called you ugly before! Let me punch them once. Are they blind? Because I AM blind but I can tell that you're not ugly! Seriously!? What are those peoples problem?" Kris asked angrily.

He's not lying to make Tao feel better. He's not exaggerating too. He's just telling the truth, he's being honest with Tao. Even if Tao put a lie detector on him it would be all TRUTH because he's really telling the truth!

"gege~ are you trying to make me feel better?" Tao asked. "Coz it's working!" Tao said then kissed Kris' hands. "Thank you gege. I feel good now."

"hey~ everything I said is true okay! I'm not trying to make you feel better when I said all that!"

"I know gege. I know you won't lie to me." he smiled as if Kris can see it. "So? Did you manage to picture me in your head?"

"Yes I did. And damn! You're cute! Don't EVER! think you're ugly okay! Because YOU ARE NOT! There are no ugly people in the world Tao, just the individual thinking he is ugly. Just like you. You really should stop listening to what people are saying about you. They're liars! And blinds! And . ..."

"yes. Yes. I get it gege!" Tao said then hugged Kris. "I'm so glad I met you." he hugged him tightly.

"I am too." he said as he hug the younger back. "Want to eat some cookies at the kitchen?"

"We're not going to give Kai any right?"

"Of course we're not! It's just for us. It'll be our secret. After we got the cookies and the milk let's return back here and eat it together."

Kris is so in-love. Does he even need to say. But he promised to himself that he will never confess to Tao. He's contented at what they have right now. He's happy that Tao is always seeking for him, that Tao is always there for him. He does not have any single intention to destroy the happiness he have now.

He's not planning to become a burden to Tao just like what happened to Luhan. How can a 21 years old blind guy fall in-love with an 18 years old teen ager guy right? It would be so complicated and it would hurt Tao. So no, no way in hell is he going to confess that he loves Tao.

-----

At KyungSoo's office. He was talking to someone on the phone. He's been chatting with the guy on the other line for almost an hour now. He was so happy to receive the news after all.

"So? When are you going to tell him?" he asked.

"I don't know Kyungsoo. I bet he's still thinking that he's a burden to me that's why he's still not calling. But if he doesn't call me for the whole week next week then I'll come get him. He really needs to know the good news."

"good plan Luhan. Just make sure that you'll explain everything okay. I don't want Kris to hate me. He's like a real family to me and Tao now."

"Don't worry Kyung~ after everything you've done for him. I'm sure Kris would never hate you. I really want to thank you for taking care of him."

"Don't worry about it Luhan. He helped Tao too so we're even."

"Okay. A week okay. Just a week." Luhan said.

"Okay. I'll tell Tao later. I need to go now."

"Okay Kyungsoo. Thank you again. Bye."

"Thank you too Lu. Bye."