Chap. 3

What Eyes Can't See

"Wait Kyung -hyung! So does that mean you know Kris gege's family?"

"No. I originally don't. One day his brother came here looking for him when you guys are off to the mall. That's when I met LuHan. His older brother."

"Then why didn't you tell it to Kris gege?"

"It was LuHan's decision. It told him the reason why Kris ran away. He said he didn't know his brother felt like that. He begged me to take Kris in for a while. He even said he'll give me the money for everything but I said there's no need because Kris is tutoring you and he's earning on his own."

"That's kind of complicated." Tao looked sad. ".. .so what's the point of taking Kris gege back now? Can't he stay here with us? I don't want him to go."

"That. I can't tell you. I want Kris to tell you on his own. What's happening is a good thing Tao. You just have to believe in Luhan & Kris of course. For now. Let me talk to Kris okay? I want to tell you first so he won't be surprised. LuHan will come any moment now so please answer the door when he came and serve him some tea. Tell him I'm talking to Kris and he should wait for me to come out."

Kyungsoo explained what Tao should do when Luhan comes. Just like what they talked over the phone, Luhan waited for a week. But Kris never once called so Luhan personally came to pick up Kris. The blind man himself is still clueless about everything. He's in his room listening to music while cleaning a little.

Kyungsoo knocked on the door but because the music is kinda loud he guessed Kris didn't hear it. He invited himself in he found Kris dusting the books that's inside his room. He was surprised when Kyungsoo touched his shoulders.

"I didn't hear you coming in." Kris said as he put his hands on his heart.

"I knocked, but your music is loud."

"Oh~ sorry about that." Kris said then he walked.to the speaker and turned the music off. "So? What brings you here in my room?" he asked.

"Kris. I'll say it straightforwardly okay. Luhan came here a month ago looking for you."

"WHAT!?? He did?? Why didn't you tell me?"

"He told me not to. I kinda told him the reason why you leave your house and said he doesn't feel like that at all. He said his friend is just being an idiot that day when you over heard them talking. He asked me to take you in for a while because he wanted you to call him first and he said he's going to be super busy for a while and he doesn't want you to get lonely at your house." Kyungsoo said.

Kris sat on his bed together with Kyungsoo. So his brother was worried. So he did come. All the "Maybe" he was thinking is all just a waste of time. Luhan cares for him. Wait. That doesn't mean he's not a burden right? Kris sighed as another negative things comes to his mind.

"Why are you telling me this now?" Kris asked.

"Luhan is coming today to get you."

"WHAT!? NO! I DON'T WANT TO! I WANT TO STAY HERE WITH TAO!" Kris stood up so fast that he almost stumbled and fall. He realized that what is he said is kinda weird to the ears. ".. .AND KYUNGSOO! I WANT TO STAY WITH YOU GUYS! Why so sudden!?"

"The reason why this all too sudden. Luhan will explain it himself. It was meant to be a surprise Kris so I don't want to tell you. Don't think anything weird. What's going to happen is a good thing."

After a minute of silence their door bell rang. Kris flinched, he knows who's ringing it. He's so not ready to say good bye to Tao. He wanted to run to Tao's room and hid there forever. After leaving with him for months, he never thinks that this day would come so fast. He wants more of Tao, he wants to know him more. But how can he do that if LuHan is already there trying to take him home.

"Is that Luhan?" Kris asked.

"Yes. Do you want to go to the living room and talk to him?" Kris didn't answer. "Kris. I promise this is all a good thing. You know you can always come back here for Tao."

"N.. .not just for Tao."

"Come on Kris. You don't have to lie to me. I know you like Tao. Talk to Luhan and I promise it'll be all good." Kyungsoo said then he patted Kris back to get him going.

"You know?" he asked Kyungsoo slightly surprised.

"I do. Now go to Luhan and talk to my baby panda later okay? We'll give you some time."

Kris went to the living room. As soon as Luhan saw him, the older hugged him so tight. He almost died on that hug but he was glad to know that Luhan was so worried for him. He knows he should feel guilty for making LuHan worry but no matter what, the feeling of happiness because Luhan cares is still the best.

Kyungsoo and Tao went to the kitchen to cook and also to give Luhan & Kris some time to talk. Kris is still wondering why Luhan is coming for him now after all. He was already planning to ask Luhan if he can somehow stay with Kyungsoo & Tao for a while. Well, that is until Luhan popped the news.

"I was so busy after I found you because I was looking for a doctor that can cure your eyes and a donor. And guess what!? I found them!!! You'll be able to see again Kris!"

"WAIT!? WHAT!?? REALLY!? AS IN SERIOUSLY!?"

"YES! IT'S ALL TRUE! That's why I'm here now! I wanted you to do the surgery as soon as possible. I am so excited Kris! I want to see your reaction when you can finally see the colors of the world. How beautiful it is. How manly I look and how handsome you are."

Kris can tell that Luhan is tearing up. His brother is always like that, tearing up even for the smallest thing. But this one is big so Kris is sure that sooner or later, Luhan will hug him crying. Which he didn't guessed wrong because LuHan is already hugging him while crying.

"I'm so happy." Kris said as he hug Luhan back.

"I am too Kris. I am too." they broke the hug then Luhan sat beside Kris. "you know I could take care of you for the rest of our lives right? Please don't think that I did this because you're a burden or anything. What Minseok said that day is a bull and after you're gone he still pushing the topic and he won't shut up so I broke up with him."

"Luhan, you're revealing yourself to me. In case you didn't realize." Kris said slightly surprised that Luhan is telling him a story about his love life.

"Come on. I know you already know that I'm gay and Minseok is my boyfriend. You're blind Kris, not numb." Luhan ruffled Kris hair. "So yeah. I broke up with him. And more importantly! I did this because whenever you're in the garden I always hear you talking to the flowers and asking them what they look like, what color the are. Those are the questions you never once asked me. I figured you really want to be able to see again. I did this because I want you to know the answer to your questions. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize that I should find someone to help you see again."

"It's okay. I'm happy you didn't realize sooner. Coz if you did I wouldn't meet Tao & Kyungsoo." Kris said smiling. "And.. .make up with Minseok. I'm sure he just cares for you that's why he said all those things. He wants your attention all to himself Luhan. Isn't that sweet?" he teased the older.

"You really think I should make up with him?" Luhan asked Kris. It's been so long since they talked like that. It was kind of nice to know that they are still the same. Luhan rested his head on his brother's shoulder. He missed doing that.

"Yes."

"Then I'll call him later." Luhan smiled. "By the way. What about Tao? Kyungsoo said it would be better if you're the one who's going to pop the good news to him. What do you want to do?"

Oh yes. Because Kris spends his teenage days in his room all the naughty things are coming to him now. He was thinking of surprising Tao later, when he can already see. Oh~ Tao would be so surprise. Kris thought.

"I won't tell him. I want to surprise him later when I can already see him."

"Oh~ you're so naughty!" Luhan slapped his brother's chest. "So what are we going to tell him if he asked why are you leaving?"

"Just tell him that I need to live with you because you are my only family. You're allowed to improvise a little if you want. Just don't hurt him so much because I'll be hurt too."

"So you're in-love with him huh~"

"Yhup!" Kris said without hesitation. "Pull Kyungsoo later and tell him the plan so he won't get confused okay?" Kris said and Luhan nods.

After a few more catching up, Luhan & Kris got called at the kitchen for dinner. Luhan is giggling non stop because Tao looks so cute in a pink apron. He secretly took a picture so he can show it to Kris later. Luhan pulled Kyungsoo and told him everything. While they are having a dinner there's a lot of fun conversations. Luhan kept telling stories about Kris being an idiot when he can still see and when he can't see anymore. Tao is enjoying the stories, those are the side of Kris he saw himself but some of them is new. He likes discovering how Kris acts when he's with Luhan.

After the fun dinner, Kris pulled Tao to his room. He said he needs to go home with Luhan. Tao cried saying they won't be able to see each other anymore. Then Kris said he can always come to visit and he would visit himself. Even if he said that, Tao still cried.

The younger even asked him if he can at least stay for another week so they can do a lot of things together. But Kris said it was impossible. Tao cried so hard that Kyungsoo and Luhan came to Kris' room rushing. They scolded/ tease Kris' for making Tao cry.

Tao didn't say good bye to Kris when they are about to leave and Kris felt kind of bad. But still he's still kind of happy because the more dramatic it is the moment they parted, the more dramatic it is when he comes back.