Chap. 4 (end)

What Eyes Can't See

It's been 2 weeks now after that. Tao tried calling Kris' house but Luhan is always the one answering and telling him that Kris is busy. Tao started to think that Kris is avoiding him and doesn't want to be his friend anymore. Tao is so hurt. More hurt than when Kai broke up with him and told him that he's in-lobe with his brother Kyungsoo.

Tao didn't know that Kris is in the hospital. Recovering after the surgery. It was success but the bandage is still not off. They wanted to make sure that everything would be fine first before taking it off.

Today is Kris' 2nd week in hospital and today is also the day that his bandage is going off. He was so excited that he didn't get enough sleep last night. All he can think about is how is he going to surprise Tao. How is he going to approach. Is he going to pretend he's still blind? Or maybe just hug the other as soon as he saw him? There's a lot of other scenarios.

Luhan and Minseok is there by his side when the bandage was taken off. At first it's still dark but after a few seconds when his eyes adjusted he saw lights. At first it was blur then little by little everything was so clear. He can see colors, he can see that his room is sky blue. The looked at the window and saw the clouds. Kris wanted to cry, but he doesn't want to irritate his eyes so he stopped himself. And sobbed the tears back.

"Oh my God Luhan! Your boyfriend is a Baozi!?" Kris asked as soon as he saw Minseok. Luhan laughed.

"Pretty good impression. Doc. I think my brother has a 20/20 vision since he can tell that my boyfriend is a Baozi." Luhan joked.

Everyone in the room laughed. Except Minseok. Now he's regretting everything he said about Kris because it looks like the younger is taking revenge.

"Luhan! When can I go home? I want to see Tao!" Kris asked excitedly.

"Tell me I'm manly first before I tell you when." Luhan said.

"Are you a kid!?" Kris asked slightly annoyed but Luhan just raised an eyebrow. "FINE! You are so manly! as in M.A.N.L.Y." Luhan looked satisfied at what he heard.

"The day after tomorrow. I'm already arranging the bills and Minseok hired someone to clean the house. We kind of redecorated it since you can already see."

"Oh! Can you come with me when I go see Tao? I'm nervous." Kris confessed.

"Of course. I want to see how you'll make the poor guy cry. And by the way, here." Luhan gave his cellphone to Kris.

"What is this?" Kris asked.

"Look at it. That's a picture of Tao when I came to pick you up. He cooked with Kyungsoo so he's wearing an apron. Cute isn't it?"

Luhan watched as Kris blush from head to toe. He knows it'll like that. He likes teasing Kris about his crushes because it's always making his younger brother blush like a teenage girl.

"He's so ing ADORABLE!!!" Kris said while clutching his blanket to release his feels. "I want to hurry up and get out of here so I can pinch his cheeks!" Luhan just keeps on laughing at how cute Kris is.

"God! You guys are so cute!" Kris waited patiently until the day he can finally see Tao. As soon as they get out of the hospital, they went to the mall and bought new clothes for Kris. And also a whole lot of gifts for Tao & Kyungsoo.

Kris was so nervous when they are on their way to Kyungsoo & Tao's house. Kris keeps on shuffling to his seat that Luhan cannot stop himself from laughing at his brother. He looks so cool in his all black get up but his actions are those of a 15 years old girl who'll get to see his crush.

Kris glared at Luhan for laughing at him. He was so nervous so his brother laughing at him is really not helping. It's Friday so Kris is just wishing that Tao is already home.

When they reached the house the gate is already open so Luhan invited themselves in. Kyungsoo and Tao came out of the house. Luhan saw how Tao panicked when he recognized the car.

Kris is still so nervous, more nervous when he saw Tao kind of panicking too. Or maybe he's not panicking maybe he was excited. Kris really can't tell which is which.

Tao looked more surprised when Kris came out of the car alone and walked straight to them. How can a blind person do that right? Kris should have his stick in his hand or Luhan should be helping him walk. But there's nothing, Kris is walking alone so Tao already guessed what was happening. Kris looked happy when Tao stared at him and seems like he figured it all out. But then he felt sad when Tao's expression changed. He doesn't look so happy and amused about all of it. Kris saw how Tao panicked. How Tao tried to avoid his stares. How Tao suddenly stiffens and how Tao looked down and up again looking so matured and confident.

"Welcome back Kris." Tao suddenly said.

Kyungsoo was so surprised. He should be the one saying that but Tao said it first. Also, the tone of his voice is so weird. It's like, he's trying to sound so matured. Kris smiled so wide his gums are showing.

"H. ..hello Ta~" he wanted to greet the younger but....

"Tao~ want to greet Kris?"

Tao suddenly asked Kyungsoo. Now they are all confused. Why would Tao call Kyungsoo "Tao"? What is going on? What is Tao doing?

"Wait a minute." Kyungsoo excused then pulled Tao inside the house. "What are you doing Tao?"

"Please just pretend that you are me Kyung-hyung!"

"What!?? Why!!??"

"Kris can already see!"

"I know that Tao. I saw. So what is the connection? Why are we pretending?"

"I don't want him to see how ugly I am. I'm scared. You're handsome so please pretend that you are Tao. I'll pretend to be Kyungsoo. Please Kyung-hyung. I'm begging you." Tao almost kneeled but Kyungsoo immediately pulled him up.

Tao is obviously panicking. He's desperate now. That's the only thing he could think of doing. He's satisfied just to be able to by Kris side. But he really doesn't want Kris to be disappointed at how he looks like. Kyungsoo is so weak to Tao's begging eyes. He can't take it. He wanted to tell Tao that he's not ugly at all and he's just imagining things. But knowing how stubborn his brother is, he knows it'll be useless. He guessed the best thing to do now is do what Tao wants then he will explain it later to Kris and Luhan. Well, Kyungsoo is wondering too if Kris will believe that he's Tao.

They came out together. Tao still looks shaken but still managed to welcome Kris and Luhan. Kyungsoo just told signed Luhan to get along so Luhan did. It's not like they can do anything about their brother's stubbornness.

"P.. .please come inside. Tao, why don't you take Kris to your room so you guys can talk. I'll be with Luhan in the kitchen" Tao suggested to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo sighed. Tao is going too far but he can see that Tao was just trying to get away. He nods and told Kris to follow him. Tao really needs to breathe. Kris just followed Kyungsoo. The three of them are wondering if Kris really got fooled since he didn't say anything and just followed kyungsoo, but then, Luhan remembered that he shows Tao's picture to Kris so he knows who's who.

"Tao. What are you doing?" Luhan asked when the two is gone.

"Lu-ge! Since when is he able to see?" Tao returned back to his adorable self.

"When I came here to pick him up, he was actually going to do the surgery. He didn't tell you because he wanted to surprise you.. .so what are you doing?" Luhan asked.

".. .I. ..I don't want him to know that the Tao he knows is so ugly. Kyung-hyung is handsome so I told him to pretend to be me."

"Tao! YOU ARE NOT UGLY! WHO SAID THAT!? I AM SO GOING TO KILL THEM!!" Luhan said as he stomped his feet inside the house following Tao to the living room.

At the same time, at Tao's room. Kyungsoo and Kris is so awkward. No ones talking and they are just looking trying to figure each other out.

"Uhm? What is Tao doing?" Kris finally asked.

"oh God! So you do realized! I thought you believed Tao!!" Kyungsoo said as he drop himself at Tao's bed. "He said he's ugly so he doesn't want you to know that he's Tao. He's scared that you'll get disappointed."

Kris looked around Tao's room and stared at the pictures they took together. Tao is so ridiculous. How does his mind even work. He's so damn good looking so what is he saying about being ugly? Tao really is a teenager. He's so self conscious.

"Kyungsoo? Can you help me?"

"Of course Kris." Kris told Kyungsoo his plan. Kyungsoo is not sure what Kris is thinking but he'll leave it all to him as ling as they are not gonna hurt Tao's feelings. They went out of Tao's room and went to the living room where Luhan and the real Tao is.

"so? What did you guys talked about?" Luhan asked them.

"Nothing much. Tao is so surprised that I can see now. We kinda hugged each other then I told him how much I wanted to see him." Kris said then he wrapped his arms around Kris' shoulders.

Okay. Luhan knows that he should play along. Kris is wiggling his eyebrows. That is something Kris is only doing when he wanted Luhan to play along. It was their secret sign when they're still a kid.

"Ohhhh~" Luhan teased. Even if it's just an act Kyungsoo still blushed because Kris arms is snaking around him. Who wouldn't blush? Kris is so handsome.

"D.. .don't tease. It's embarrassing." Kyungsoo said unintentionally. It made their act more better. It looked so real now.

Kris looked at the real Tao. He looked kind of pissed. Maybe their acting is working. Maybe they would make Tao cry and maybe the younger would confess that he's the real Tao and not Kyungsoo.

Kris and Kyungsoo keeps on pretending to be close. Luhan was playing along too. Tao is so not in the mood. Partly because of Kris & Kyungsoo's closeness plus he was thinking that he shouldn't have lied to Kris. But he can't confess now. He's scared that Kris would get angry at him or he won't be able to accept that the handsome Tao is actually an ugly one.

Tao is just glaring at them. He's not talking at all, just drinking and eating what's on the table. The three older already wants to laugh at because Tao is obviously sulking. It so cute.

"Kyungsoo, why are you stress eating? Did something happened on the office?" Luhan teased Tao.

"Yeah. Something happened. Some of my colleague at work keeps on flirting. I was thinking a way how to get them separated coz it's really bothering everyone." Tao answered. He's sulking more now because Luhan was teasing him.

"Ehh?" Kris joined the conversation. "Aren't you just jealous Kyungsoo? Maybe you should date Kai." he said to Tao.

"Tao." he looked at Kyungsoo. "Kai really likes Kyungsoo right?"

The real Kyungsoo is surprised. He looked at the real Tao and the younger slightly nods. He didn't know Kai likes him so he really doesn't know what to say. He wants to agree with Kris because they are still pretending but at the same time he was thinking not to agree because Tao might think he likes Kai too, that way. Kyungsoo remembered that Tao & Kai was a couple once and he doesn't want to hurt Tao's feelings.

"I.. .I don't know. Maybe." Kyungsoo said.

"Kai really likes me." Tao said. "Yes. Kai and Kyungsoo, I mean, Kai and me should probably date! We suit each other!" Tao said while looking meaningfully at Kyungsoo.

Whole day. Tao is in a foul mood. Sometimes he would join the conversation but because Kris & his brother Kyungsoo is unnecessary close he cannot do anything but keep quiet and stare into somewhere. He's really regretting what he did at the same time he's not. He's still scared to disappoint Kris after all.

When it was time to go home. Kris pulled Luhan and Kyungsoo. He wanted to finally tell Tao that he's not ugly and he knows who's who. Well, Kris is really planning that but Tao hid on his room. The younger somehow managed to escape by saying someone from the office called and he needs to work.

"I'm sure Tao is sulking in his room. What should we do?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Should we talk to him? It would be bad if it turns serious." Luhan said.

"You guys stay here. I'll go." Kris suggested.

" finally done teasing the poor panda huh~" Luhan hit the back of Kris head.

"Yhup. I've seen how he sulk and it's so cute so I'm satisfied." Kris chuckled.

"Ahem! Tao's brother is still here." Kyungsoo crossed his arms. "are you really talking about bullying my brother in front of me?"

"You're a part of it though." Kris said. The three of them laughed. "Well. I'll go get the presents for Tao then I'll go to his room."

"You go Kris Wu!" Luhan cheered.

"Don't bully my panda too much okay." Kyungsoo reminded him.

"I won't." he assured him. "Don't you guys dare interrupt okay!" the two nods then he took off.

He gets the presents for Tao that he leaves on the car. He's so excited to surprise Tao. He miss the other and all day, he's been trying to stop himself from suddenly hugging him. They would get discovered if he do that so he really tried hard. It's like making Tao taste his own medicine.

Kris quietly sneaked into Tao's room. He didn't even knock, he just opened the door like he owns it. He saw Tao curling himself into a ball inside the blue blanket. It's summer and he's doing that.

"Go away!" Tao shooed him away as if he already knows who entered.

"But I want to give you your gifts." Tao immediately came out of the blanket when he heard Kris' voice.

"I'm sorry. I thought you're Kyu. ..I mean Tao. I thought you're Tao. What are doing here Kris?" Tao asked awkwardly.

Tao is just too cute! Kris cannot handle him anymore. He launched himself to Tao and hugged him. They stumbled to the bed. Kris laughed when he heard Tao's famous surprised reaction. The teen age girl's loud, "Kyaaaa~"

"Oh God! I missed hugging you Tao."

"What!? I'm Kyungsoo! Not Tao!"

"Stop pretending. I know my Tao okay. Remember when I touched your face? I remember the dark circles, I remember the sharp lined eyes, the bones on the nose, the perfectly shaped lips and the sharp jaw line. And Luhan showed me a picture of you while I'm in the hospital." Kris smirked to Tao.

"But I thought you believed that I am Kyung-hyung and Kyung-hyung is Tao?"

"I pretended okay. I want to figure out why you did that." Kris ruffled Tao's hair. "You're not ugly Tao. You are the cutest person I've ever met on my entire life. And even if you don't look as handsome as me or Kyungsoo, that doesn't mean you're ugly. And one more, I don't care about your appearance Tao. I love you for who you are and I would still be the same Kris you took in on that rainy day even if you look like a janitor fish."

Tao slightly laughed at the 'Janitor Fish'. He wants to cry. He's so happy. Why did he even doubt Kris? Didn't he already promised to himself that he would believe whatever Kris said? Kris said he's not ugly before so why did he doubt him?

"Gege~. ..I'm sorry for lying." Tao said guiltily.

"It's okay Tao. I know why you did that. I figured."

"You do?"

"Yes. You're scared? Because when I said you're not ugly before, I'm still blind. It scares you that the Tao I pictured in my imagination would be a lot different than the real you?"

Tao nods at him shyly. That's what really scaring him. Even if everyone says that he should just believe Kris. He can't. He's scared at reality. But now, Kris proved him that all his worries are unnecessary.

"Gege. I want to tell you something. I've been wanting to say it since I figured you can already see."

"What is it?" Kris asked.

"Congratulations." Tao hugged him and he hugged him back. "Let's go to the garden later. I'll show you you're favorite flower. You'll finally see how beautiful it is and what color it is." Tao said.

"I would love that Tao. Thank you." he hugged him again.  "And I really really love you." he whispered the last part.

"What is that gege?" Tao asked.

"I asked if you want to go out on a date with me."

Kris smirks. Nice timing. He's a genius. Tao blushed, he cannot believe or more like he doesn't want to believe that Kris just asked him if he wants to go out with him.

 

Who cares if Kris cannot see when he met Tao right? Love is originally blind. It's always been proven that heart can  see what eyes can't see.