Are You Happy Or Not?

Are You Happy Or Not?

Chapter 11

 

“Oh my god. What are you two doing? Wait, nevermind. Ew, you couldn’t even make it to your room? & you? You were at the bar. You are Changmin’s boyfriend, yuck, no wonder your love advice ! At least have the decency to close the front door. If dad saw this, he had have a heart attack. Gross. I’m going upstairs. I need to take a shower & clean my eyes.”

 

Yunho slowly got off of Changmin & pulled his pants up, “Look Minnie, I’m really sorry about what just happened & about the stuff I said before.”

 

Changmin tried to gather the remaining shreds of his clothes & just whimpered, “Oh Yunho, how could you?” & with that, he ran upstairs, crying all the way.

 

“Wait! Minnie!” Yunho yelled, as he ran after him.

 

“Tiffany. Hi. Come in.” Jaejoong said, with a big smile as he held the door open for her.

 

“Hi. Attorney Park says we have to get this done as soon as possible. He’s waiting for this to start your case.” “Oh, don’t listen to him. He’s such a lazy bum. It wouldn’t surprised me if he didn’t start the case until 2008. Do you want anything to drink?”


“Um...Do you have any orange juice?” Tiffany said, with a small laugh.


“Of course. Unless you would prefer whiskey, of course?” Jaejoong said, as he headed towards the kitchen, “It’s okay. I will just stick with orange juice.” Tiffany started pulling papers out of her black samsonite ultima premier briefcase when she noticed the sheets of paper on the coffee table, “Music sheets?” Tiffany picked up the sheets & headed towards the kitchen, almost colliding with Jaejoong, “Oh, I’m sorry. I was going to ask you about these music sheets.”


“Oh, I’m sorry. I should had cleared the table.”

 

“No, it’s okay. Are these guitar chords?”

 

“Yeah. Do you play?” Jaejoong asked, as he set the glass of orange juice down.

 

“Oh, no. Um...I used to play the flute when I was younger.”


“Oh, why not now?”


“Well, it’s stupid really. I fell out of a tree when I was eighteen & broke my wrist. After that, I can’t play without having a throbbing pain in my hand.” Tiffany tried to cover up the hint of regret in her voice but Jaejoong caught it.

 

“Hey, how about I play something for you?”

 

“Oh, sure.”


“Let me go grab my guitar first.”

 

Tiffany sat down & scanned the music sheets. There was so much about Jaejoong that she didn’t know but that really intrigued her. In a way, she wished that Jaejoong had really come on to her that other night.

 

Jaejoong came out with a guitar, sat down in the chair next to Tiffany & started playing. Tiffany was mesmerized by the beautiful music & then, Jaejoong sang.

 

Wow, it was horrible. She didn’t know noises like that could come out of a human being. Jaejoong stopped & asked, “So, how do like my song so far?”


“Um...it’s very...um, special.”


“I was only kidding. You don’t think I really sing like that, do you?” Jaejoong said, as he flashed Tiffany a charming smile. With that, Jaejoong started playing again, & this time, it was breath taking. Tiffany smiled. She felt like she could listen to him forever.

 

While Jaejoong was still playing, the doorbell suddenly rang. Tiffany was startled by the sudden noise & was jolted out of her daydream, ‘Damn, it was getting to the good part! I hate it when that happens.’

 

Annoyed, Jaejoong opened the door & got even more annoyed! “Jinwoon? What are you doing here?”

 

“Hey, what? Can’t a guy visit his own friend? I wanted to show you something.” Jinwoon said, as he pushed past Jaejoong into the living room, “Oh, I see you have company. I hope I’m not interrupting anything. Wow, bringing out the guitar. Smooth.”

 

“Uh...Tiffany, I will be right back. Jinwoon, can I talk to you?” With that, Jaejoong grabbed onto Jinwoon’s arm & yanked him down the hall, “What do you want to show me?”


“This.” Jinwoon said, as he took off his black arizona pique polo shirt.

 

“What the hell did you do to yourself?! Dude, I thought you quit smoking crack in college.”

 

“What? You don’t like it? My new girl thinks they are y.”

 

“ rings aren’t y. Especially to your friends. Jeez, you mutilated yourself for a girl? The little respect I had for you is now gone.” Jaejoong said, shaking his head.

 

“So? You humiliate yourself in front of Tiffany all the time. Not to mention, you beat up Binnie. Besides, I bet Yunho will think they are cool.”

 

“You are a business professional. Did you even think about the company retreat at the country club? Every year you hang out at the pool & hit on girls. What are our clients going to think?”


“Ehhh, screw them. The company’s not ours anyway. Besides, I bet the girls will think I’m hot & anyway, my girl thinks they are y & that’s enough.”


“Since when did you get a girlfriend?”

 

“Uh...Have to go.”

 

“Hey, wait.” Jaejoong said, as Jinwoon ran away from him.


“Bye Tiffany. Catch you later.” Jinwoon said, slamming the front door behind him.


“Um...Jaejoong Oppa? Is it me or did I just see Jinwoon with rings?”