Are You Happy Or Not?

Are You Happy Or Not?

Chapter 1

 

Jaejoong stepped into the crowded bus & looked around for an empty seat. Finding none, he grabbed the nearest pole & tried to hang on until he got to the stop in front of his office building. At the next stop, the bus screeched to a halt & Jaejoong lurched forward. He almost fell & his black kenneth cole reaction columbian leather briefcase accidentally smacked a girl's .

 

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry. Please excuse me?" Jaejoong hurriedly blurted out. The girl turned around & with an embarrassed smile, she said, "Um...it's okay. Really."

 

After that, all Jaejoong could say was, "Uh." Because the girl was the most beautiful person he had ever seen in his life. The girl's wide, brown, almond-shaped eyes gave him a sorta quizzical look & she hurriedly got off at the next stop. All Jaejoong could do was stare, ‘Oh, crap! I must look like a psycho. Why Jaejoong, why?’

 

Jaejoong didn't like whom he worked for but he liked his job very much. He had been the executive manager in charge of marketing in his company for five years & he had never gotten a promotion. The reason? It's not because Jaejoong wasn't good at his job. He was one of the best in the industry. The reason was his current superior, the vice president of marketing, also known as the president's son. As long as the president was alive, his son could never take his place & Jaejoong could never take over the position of vice president. It's not like Jaejoong hated the guy's guts or anything but he didn't particularly like him. Won Bin was the hate-able type. He was rich, good-looking, successful & had an irresistible charm to girls. In other words, he was perfect. Perfectly hate-able.

 

After Jaejoong said hi to his secretary & started to open the door to his office, his best friend, Jung Jinwoon slapped him on the back. Jinwoon was a notorious gossip but he never talked about his close friends. If you are an acquaintance, however, it's a free for all, "Hey, did you see rich boy's new girl? Damn, she's hot! Not that short but you know what they say. Good things come in small packages. I wonder how much it costs to have a little something like that." Jinwoon unabashedly said, with a disgustingly look on his oval-shaped face, "Come on, stop it. She's a girl after all."

 

"That never stopped you from talking about your uncle Bae's girlfriend & how she wears shirts so low cut, you can see her belly button among other round things."

 

"I never said that. That was your brother. Stop pinning these things on me." Jaejoong replied, as he his computer & started to prepared for work.

 

"Hey, come on. Go have a look. She's really hot, I'm telling you. Work will still be here when you get back." With that, Jinwoon dragged Jaejoong into the lobby. There, Jaejoong saw that gorgeous girl again. She had beautiful eyes that sparkled & she had a smile that just melted Jaejoong's heart. Jinwoon smiled when he saw that mushy look take over Jaejoong's oval-shaped face.

 

"Ahem."

 

Jinwoon turned around & almost screamed, "What the hell is...uh, Mr. Won. Hi."

 

Jaejoong didn't know what to say. This was the second time he was embarrassed in front of the girl. With a sassy looking smirk on his slim, oval-shaped face, Won Bin said, "I know my girl is hot but you don't have to undress her with your eyes. Get back to work." Jaejoong & Jinwoon quickly ran back to work but Jinwoon muttered as he left, "Yeah, jerk! We were undressing her in our minds & getting it on, too. I bet it was better than anything you could do, !"

 

"Tiffany. I'm sorry. Did those two idiots bother you?"

 

With a sweet smile on her oval-shaped face, Tiffany replied, "No. It's okay. I didn't even notice them. I’m sorry I came up to your office so suddenly. I just wanted to see if you wanted to have lunch with me today? My afternoon photo shoot got cancelled so I have nothing to do."

 

Bin thought for a second & replied, "I’m sorry. I have a meeting in eighty minutes." At first, Tiffany looked disappointed but then she smiled, "It's okay then. I guess I will just go home & study for a while."

 

Bin sigh, "Tiffany, I really don't know why you have to put yourself through all of this. I have plenty of money. There's no need for you to get a job. I don't mind your part-time modeling job but getting your law degree is really unnecessary."

 

"I don't want to talk about this now. I should go. I don't want to bother you. Call me tonight?"

 

"Of course." With that, Bin gave Tiffany a peck on the cheek & watched her walked away.