Seven.

60 Seconds

            Sunggyu groaned as he stretched his body that was aching from practicing all night. Hoya hadn’t returned home the previous night, but Sunggyu wasn’t too concerned as he had a feeling about where he was. He rubbed his eyes slightly before standing up from his bed and going to the bathroom to get ready for the day ahead of him.

            “It’s cold today,” Sunggyu said to himself as he pulled his thick coat tighter against his body. He smiled despite the snow that was falling onto his hair and face, waving at the people who recognized him as he passed by. He was in a good mood today; INFINITE’s only schedule was a practice afternoon. Truthfully, they were leaving for a concert in Japan the following day, so this was their half a day of relaxation before spending a few days in Japan constantly working.

            INFINITE’s leader strolled through the snowy streets for about fifteen minutes, until something caught his eye. Although it was the middle of winter, there was a brightly colored flower shop on the street corner. It immediately drew Sunggyu’s attention because it looked so different than the chic looking stores that were only decorate with black, white, and silver. He stepped into the vibrantly colored shop, sighing happily at the warm air that greeted him.

            Immediately, an elderly woman approached him. She had a gigantic smile on her face as she asked, “How may I help you, young man?” Sunggyu grinned; for once he didn’t feel that old.

            “I’m here to buy flowers for a friend… She’s in the hospital right now,” he said. He hadn’t really planned to buy any flowers from the shop, but seeing the way his presence brought happiness to the old lady convinced him to.

            “Hmmm,” the woman said as she looked around the room at the different vases and pots that contained various types and colors of flowers. “What about these? They’re a happy color that reminds me of spring… and they also are given when you want to wish someone luck,” she said with a smile. Sunggyu honestly didn’t care what flowers he bought; most of the flowers in the store were beautiful anyways. He smiled back at the elderly florist before taking his wallet out.

            “They’re perfect. Thank you,” he said as he watched the woman wrap the flowers neatly in cellophane tied with a simple yet elegant bow. She beamed at him as she told him the price, which was surprisingly low, before handing him the flowers and taking the payment.

            “Have a nice day, young man!” she called out after him as he left the store, smiling and holding the daffodils carefully in one hand. He bowed at the florist before making his way to the hospital.

            “I hope she likes these,” Sunggyu mumbled to himself as he stood outside of the hospital ward’s door. He had just confirmed with a nearby nurse that visiting hours were currently open, but he still felt hesitant about going inside. He didn’t want to wake Mina because she was injured and needed proper rest.

            Regardless, he decided to enter quietly without knocking just in case she was asleep. He slowly opened the door, finding Jihyuk standing in front of what appeared to be a cute couple. Mina and Hoya were snuggled close together although he remained of the chair, and Sunggyu stared at them in shock. He felt a pang in his chest although he didn’t know why, and his body suddenly felt very limp. He loosed his grip subconsciously, causing the flowers to drop to the flower.

            Jihyuk turned around to gawk at Sunggyu, who was standing extremely still and looking dazed. “Hyung?” Sunggyu was ripped away from his thoughts as he heard his dongsaeng’s voice; he regained his composure before smiling at Jihyuk and bending over to pick up the fallen flowers.

            “Hi dongsaeng. I came to pick up Hoya, but I brought these as a present.. I didn’t know you were here; it really shocked me!” he laughed, trying to cover up the jealousy that was blossoming in his heart. Jihyuk looked at him questioningly; it was quite obvious that Sunggyu was staring at the duo rather than Jihyuk, but the bodyguard simply shrugged and ignored it for now.

            Jihyuk smiled and took the flowers, setting it beside the bed, onto the side table. “I was just about to wake them up,” he said, moving towards the two sleeping figures and shaking them by the shoulders gently.  “Guys! Let’s all eat brunch together!” he said really loudly, causing the two figures by the bed to rub their eyes sleepily and whine.

            “Oppa, can I be discharged early? I want to eat lunch outside,” Mina said sleepily, yawning in between her words. Jihyuk shrugged before loudly announcing that he would check with the doctor because he also wanted to eat something delicious, since he would be leaving with INFINITE to Japan for a few days. He marched out of the room, leaving Mina alone with the two members of INFINITE.

            Howon groaned in protest, being too lazy to open his eyes and see what was going on. He wrapped an arm around Mina’s waist and pulled her closer until his face was touching her stomach. “I don’t want to get up yet,” he whined before Mina laughed and swatted him off.

            “Go away, Howon. Food is better than anything, and if you don’t like food, you aren’t cool anymore!” she said while laughing harder before she finally noticed the flowers on the side table. Reaching over to graze the petals with her fingertips, Mina smiled and looked at Sunggyu. “Are these for me?” she asked, making Sunggyu look down in embarrassment while nodding. “Thanks.”

            Sunggyu was trying his best to act normal, although he felt extremely awkward because Hoya was being very touchy with Mina. He knew that Hoya really loved the girl and wanted to protect her, but he wished they would do that when he wasn’t looking. He wasn’t used to seeing Hoya this cheesy, much less with a girl.

            Just then, the door swung open and Jihyuk came inside the room, shouting in triumph, “I signed the papers! You can leave!” Mina got up energetically, which surprised the boys, but they just shrugged it off and followed.

            “Wait!” she exclaimed when she was almost out of the room. She ran back to the side table to retrieve all her belongings: her phone, jacket, and the flowers. Sunggyu couldn’t help but crack a smile as he saw how happily she looked at the flowers. “Now we can eat,” Mina stated, handing her stuff to her brother for him to carry. She noticed that the two members of INFINITE were still inside the room, so she walked between them and linked her arms with theirs. Hoya laughed before the trio attempted to fit to the door, but to no avail. Sunggyu groaned; the door was meant for one or two people to pass through, not three. Being the leader he was, Sunggyu shifted their line until they could enter through the doorway, sideways, but still linking arms.

            “You guys take sooo long! I’m hungry,” Jihyuk complained before stomping his feet. Sunggyu laughed at the boy’s childishness before the four of them began to walk to a restaurant.

            After eating, the INFINITE members and Jihyuk had to leave to practice, but they were going to walk Mina home first just to make sure she arrived safely. “If you need anything, call me… I’ll be back in a few days,” Jihyuk said as he led them all to the house. Mina shook her head, but smiled at her brother anyways.

            “I’m a big girl now, oppa. I can take care of myself,” she said as her brother ruffled her hair playfully. Hoya felt uneasy at the thought of not being in contact with his love for so long; what if she got hurt and he lost her?

            “Mina-yah, hand me your phone,” Hoya said with a grin, putting his open palm out. She raised her eyebrow at him before deciding to play along and deposited the phone into his hand. He dialed a number as they all continued to walk, and a few seconds later his phone rang from inside his pocket. He hung up the call and handed her back the phone. “Now you have my number, so if you ever need anything, just call me right away. Got it?” Hoya smiled and Mina nodded happily, quickly naming the contact so she wouldn’t forget whom the number belonged to.

            A small pout graced Sunggyu’s lips; he wanted her number too! He wasn’t sure why, but for some reason he felt really protective of the girl. Maybe it was because she was his only female friend that was younger than him, so it was similar to having a little sister.

            “What’s wrong, Gyubear?” Mina asked the pouting elder, causing him to look at her in shock and blush slightly. Jihyuk and Hoya began to laugh like insane people.

            “I’m a hamster, not a bear!” he protested before sticking his hand out also. “My turn,” he mumbled as he gestured to her phone. Mina looked at Sunggyu, then at the phone in her hand, and then back at the leader. She chuckled before handing him the phone.

            “You could have just asked,” she stuck her tongue out playfully as Sunggyu typed his number into the phone. He didn’t mean to look, but his eyes widened when he saw who was in her contacts list.

            “YAH! WHY DO YOU HAVE MYUNGSOO’S PHONE NUMBER?!” he exclaimed in shock, causing the girl to grab the phone back from him. Luckily, he had already called his phone, therefore exchanging their numbers.

            “He asked me for it,” she said simply, shrugging and making a face at the leader.

            “Aw, I wanted to be first... and I want a cute nickname too!” Hoya said while pouting and nudging Mina’s side playfully. She tapped her chin in thought as the four of them approached the front of the house.

            “Hmm… Hopoop?” she asked tentatively before smirking and running away to the front door. The three boys laughed.

            “I’d prefer Howon, honestly,” he stated before running after her to the front door.  Mina pressed the doorbell, panting and slightly out of breath as she laughed loudly. The three boys weren’t too far behind her, and Hoya snuck up on her from behind, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his chin on top of her head.

            “H-howon!” she whined softly while blushing, trying to swat his arms away. At that moment, the door swung open, revealing Mrs. Song. She stared at her daughter at first in shock then looked at the visitors that her son had brought. She immediately smiled when she recognized the man who was back-hugging her daughter.

            “It’s nice to see you again. Come in, I’ll make some tea,” their mother stated, pulling the four of them inside before anyone could protest.


A/N: Hello my dear readers cx <3 if you guys actually read this part hehe-

ANYWAYS. I WENT TO THE B1A4 ROAD TRIP CONCERT IN SAN FRANCISCO TODAY. We lined up for like... 6 hours and there were a lot of scary homeless people, but in the end it was worth it. B1A4 was awesome <3 and super cute xD I bought a sweater and I'm going to see if my school lets me wear it with my uniform lol. ALSOOOO. CAN YOU GUYS DO ME A BIG FAVOR AND LIKE MY MESSAGE FOR SUHO <3? this is a good way to see your author-nim's ugly selca xD gomawoooo~

http://exo.mcmworldwide.com/EN/message.asp?EE_SEQ=28138