Six.

60 Seconds

            Mina sighed as she stared up at the hospital ceiling; the room was eerily quiet, and it was beginning to turn dark outside. Mina wanted to go home, but she couldn’t just stand up and leave because the nurses would surely bring her back. She tried to amuse herself by counting the tiles on the ceiling, but it was no use.

            After a few hours, a soft knock was heard on the door, causing the girl inside the room to sit up in alarm but also in interest.  A familiar head popped through the opening of the door as if to check if it was the correct room. “Oppa!” Mina exclaimed with a smile; she no longer felt weak, so she was able to talk normally without becoming faint. Her older brother ran to her, smiling and ruffling her hair.

            “Do you feel better now?” he asked, while glancing behind him and motioning for the rest of the guys to come in. “They were worried about you, so they asked to visit you before going to practice.” Mina blushed lightly; for the first time in a long time, she felt like someone actually cared for her. She nodded in response to her brother before waving at the members of INFINITE who were coming into the room. They were in their stage outfits for the song “Back,” but Mina laughed as she thought they looked like they were coming from jail in their baggy clothes and stage makeup.

            “Yah,” Sungjong pouted slightly, coming up to the bed first, “we’re supposed to look cool! You don’t like it?” he asked and Mina shook her head in response, trying to stop her laughter by covering .

            “No, no. It’s cute, but it looks funny,” she stated with a smile. Sungjong simply laughed and smiled back before he made way for the other members to crowd around the bed. They chatted for a few minutes, mostly about how the performance went. Jihyuk looked at his watch and reminded the members that they were supposed to be practicing soon and couldn’t stay for long.

            “Do you need anything before we go?” her older brother said with a smile. “I’ll come back as soon as I get off work.” Mina pondered for a minute before nodding.

            “Yeah, actually… could you accompany me to the bathroom before you leave? I’m not allowed to leave the room alone,” she said shyly. Her brother laughed, but before he could respond Sunggyu coughed loudly and volunteered.

            “I can take her; it’s my fault she fell anyways,” he said as he offered his arm to the girl sitting on the bed. Jihyuk looked at him questioningly for a moment before smiling and realizing that his hyung would never hurt his sister and most likely wanted to make it up to her by being kind. Jihyuk nodded, giving Sunggyu the okay to help Mina out of the bed and walk with her to the bathroom.

            Sunggyu waited at the entrance of the ladies’ room for Mina, linking their arms as soon as she came out. They walked back in silence for a while, before Sunggyu spoke up. “Don’t do that anymore,” he mumbled. It was obvious that he was referring to harming herself rather than falling down and acting clumsy. “So many people care about you. If you died… they’d be so lost.” Sunggyu let out a sigh before he pulled the frowning girl into a hug.

            “They won’t even realize I’m gone… they can just replace me,” Mina said as tears began to drip slowly down her cheek. Sunggyu just held the crying girl closer, allowing his shirt to soak up her tears.

            “What about your brother? Or Hoya? Or even me… We’re friends now, and I can’t live without any of my friends,” Sunggyu said firmly to reassure the girl, rubbing her back slowly to calm her down because she was now sobbing heavily.

            “Thank you, Sunggyu. It means a lot to me. I never really had any friends,” Mina said before pulling away slightly to wipe the rest of her tears on her sleeve. Sunggyu smiled at her and offered his hand.

            “Now you have us. On behalf of all of INFINITE, I promise we’ll look after you,” the leader said as he took Mina’s hand in his. She smiled weakly back at him before the pair walked back into the hospital room.

            “Hyuuuuung!” Hoya said to Sunggyu, putting on his best aegyo face although he really wasn’t meant to be cute. “Can you tell manager-nim that I’m feeling ill and can’t go to practice? I want to stay here, but you have to keep it a secret…” Hoya said while making his best puppy face at Sunggyu. The elder groaned and nodded while sighing.

            “Fine, but if I get it trouble, I’m blaming it on you and will tell everyone that you lied to skip practice,” INFINITE’s leader said as the members began to get ready to leave. Hoya nodded happily and took a seat by the bed.

            “I’ll take good care of your sister!” he said with a chuckle and a giant grin across his face as the boys waved goodbye and left his room. Jihyuk sent him a teasing “I’m watching you” glare before closing the door behind him.

            “Sorry, my brother is really weird,” Mina laughed and Hoya couldn’t help but think about how pretty she was when she was happy. Hoya nodded and smirked, reaching into his pocket to pull something out.

            “Close your eyes, Mina-yah. I have a surprise,” she looked at him skeptically before complying, laughing and thinking that he would give her a candy or something. Nothing happened for a few seconds, so Mina pouted impatiently.

            “Yah! Where’s my surpri-!” Just then, something soft and warm brushed against her cheek, causing it to turn a deep shade of red. Her eyes shot open, and Mina looked at Hoya in embarrassment although the boy was smiling triumphantly. “H-howon!” she whined, deciding to make light of the situation. “That’s so unfair! You could have warned me!” Mina hit Hoya’s arm playfully, causing him to laugh even harder.

            “Okay! Fine, I’ll warn you. I’m going to kiss you,” he teased before leaning in to peck the girl’s reddened cheek once again. She blushed harder, but maintained her composure and laughed. “See? I warned you!” he said, grinning before ruffling her hair.

            The two continued their playful banter for several hours, eventually growing tired so they resorted to talking about random subjects now. Mina yawned several times, drawing Hoya’s attention. “You should sleep now. I won’t leave,” he said, standing up to fix her pillow so Mina could lie down comfortably. The girl shook her head, but lied down anyways.

            “Nah, I can’t fall asleep before my visitor… Visiting hours are closed though, so you’re staying the night?” she asked with a chuckle. Hoya nodded and pulled the blanket up to cover the girl up to her chin.

            “It’s already past midnight. You need rest.” Hoya looked at the girl, but her eyes were closed and she nodded sleepily while mumbling something that he couldn’t hear. He laughed softly; what happened to not falling asleep? Hoya leaned down to brush Mina’s bangs away from her face and planted a gentle kiss onto the sleeping girl’s forehead. “Sleep well, Mina,” he smiled before he sat in his chair and played with his phone because he didn’t feel sleepy.

            “Mina?” Jihyuk called out as he opened the door. It was about 9 A.M.. He felt awful. The members came back from practice late, so Jihyuk voluntarily worked overtime. By the time he arrived at the hospital, the nurse said visiting hours were over and that he could see his sister the next morning. The nurse also informed him that only one guardian could stay overnight, but there was already someone accompanying the girl.

            Jihyuk gasped slightly at the cute sight displayed before him. The duo was sleeping soundly, hand-in-hand. Hoya was resting his head on the bed but sleeping upright in his chair, which had to be extremely uncomfortable. His face was nuzzled into Mina’s side, and the girl was smiling even in her sleep. This brought a smile to Jihyuk’s face; he really hadn’t seen his sister this happy in such a long time.

            Suddenly, the door to the hospital room swung open, startling Jihyuk. There stood Sunggyu in shock, his bouquet of yellow daffodils slipping from his hand and hitting the floor with a soft thump.


A/N: Soooo- now you're probably confused e u e Howon or Sunggyu? Errr- well, that's for me to know and you to find out c: Did you like this chapter? Please comment, upvote, and/or subscribe cx <3  hehe so now, a question I have for you all to see your creativity,

Why do you think Sunggyu dropped the flowers? c:

and the poll again- should i make a new poll xD? did people change their minds?