Two.

60 Seconds

“Hyuuuuung~” Jihyuk whined as he stood behind a hamster-looking man. The man turned around to look at him, blinking.

            “What do you want, Jihyuk-ah?” he asked with a sigh. It had been a long day for the idol group called INFINITE. They were just reaching the peak of their popularity, so the group’s schedule was full of fan signings and live performances. All seven members were exhausted, especially their hamster-like leader Sunggyu. They were glad to have their bodyguard that followed them; he was kind and made the boys feel safe. They acted more like friends though because Jihyuk was the same age as them.

            “Do you think the members would mind if I brought my baby sister with me next week? She’s on winter vacation, and my mom will be busy with the shop for a week, so she can’t take care of her,” Jihyuk explained to INFINITE’s leader as the older listened intently. Sunggyu wasn’t exactly fond of visitors; he always felt awkward around strangers, but he assumed that a little girl would do no harm.

            “Sure, but ask manager-nim first; he might not want you to be distracted from your job,” Sunggyu said as he combed his fingers through his hair. Jihyuk almost jumped in happiness; this would be the first time in a while that he could spend some time with his little sister.

            “Thanks hyung; I’ll go tell the others!” he exclaimed before reluctantly getting permission from the manager and running back into the dressing room where the seven members sat. The boys turned their heads to the young bodyguard, curious as to why he was making such a commotion.  “Hey guys! Manager said yes; I’m bringing my baby sister to meet you guys next week!” he said excitedly. Sungjong, the youngest member, clapped happily, while the other members just smiled because they were too tired to react.

            “I love kids,” the maknae said honestly, which made Jihyuk laugh nervously. He knew his sister wasn’t a crazy fangirl; she probably didn’t even know of the group INFINITE because she liked rock music better. Jihyuk knew that if he told the guys his sister was not a baby, but in high school, they would be scared and give him no as an answer. So, Jihyuk just laughed it off and waved goodbye to each of the boys before he was able to go home and leave them with another bodyguard for the night.

            “Wake up, Mina! Time to go!” a loud voice said in her ear, almost making her wish that she hadn’t asked to accompany her brother to work.  Her brother told her that he had to go to work at 5 A.M. every weekday and leave at 10 P.M. at night.  That was way longer than an average work day for anyone else, but Jihyuk loved his job and was grateful that he had the weekends off to help his mother with their restaurant.

            “C-coming,” she groaned before rubbing her eyes sleeping, pushing her wide-awake brother away from the bed and throwing the covers off.  He shrugged and walked out of her room to start preparing a breakfast for them because he knew it would be a long day at work.

            Mina dragged her feet as she walked to the bathroom, only half awake. Usually, she didn’t care about her appearance because she thought she looked the same anyways, but her brother told her to present herself nicely because he worked for a popular k-pop group and Mina was bound to meet them. It wouldn’t be a good first impression if she hadn’t at least taken the time to brush her hair and wash her face. That was the most she was willing to do at 4:30 A.M.; she had already woken up late so she hurriedly changed into jeans and a t-shirt, slipping on her lucky jacket before wrapping a scarf around her neck for added warmth.

            “We’ll be outside for a good part of the day,” Jihyuk shouted from the kitchen, just to make sure his sister is properly bundled up incase it snows. Mina sighed and slipped on her usual medium length black gloves to hide her scars if she took her jacket off, and she covered her ears with a pair of bear shaped earmuffs. She looked at herself in the mirror, decided that she would be warm enough and marched out of the room, immediately causing her brother to laugh at her. “O-oh my, you look like a cute little eskimo,” Jihyuk chuckled as he set three plates down onto the dining table, leaving one for their sleeping mother. Mina pouted as she took offense to the comment; wasn’t it better to be warm than pretty?  She sat down across from her brother, slowly eating her omurice to gain energy for the long day ahead of her.

            When the two finished eating, they left the house and walked to the bus stop arm in arm. Jihyuk’s job paid well, so he didn’t shudder at all as he handed over money for the overpriced bus fare for the two of them. Mina waddled onto the bus sleepily, plopping into the seat beside her brother to try to take a nap although the ride to the venue would only take ten minutes. The idol group had a fan meet at ten A.M., then a live performance at four, before they would the group back to their practice room.

            “Minnie, wake up! We’re here, and I can’t be late!” Jihyuk stated, shaking the girl’s shoulder as the bus came to a stop in front of an event center. Mina whined and swatted her brothers hands away as she yawned and rubbed her eyes for the second time that day. Quietly, she followed her brother out of the bus as she tried to wake herself up. Why did they have to be there at 5 AM if the fan event started in 5 hours? Once Mina was completely awake, she gawked at the crowd surrounding the event center. There were thousands of people camped outside, some wide awake and staring at her as Jihyuk showed his staff badge to the security outside and stating that Mina was a guest. Mina was quickly pulled inside the building, the door locking quickly so that no one could sneak in behind them. I guess this group is more popular than I thought. Mina shrugged and followed her brother down a long corridor that supposedly ended with a dressing room for the artists.

            Mina could hear some sort of music coming from a door at the end of the hallway, but Jihyuk surprisingly knocked on the door across from it before opening it slowly. “We can’t disturb them while they practice,” he whispered an explanation to his little sister as he popped his head into the dressing room to make sure all the boys were fully clothed. “Guys, we have a visitor!” he shouted into the room so that no one would be surprised. Some chatter could be heard from inside the dressing room before Jihyuk turned around to his sister and motioned for her to follow him inside. Mina awkwardly walked in, hiding behind her brother slightly. Now that she knew how popular this group was, she was embarrassed to be near the boys as she had never really been acknowledged by strangers, especially not handsome strangers.

            “Hey, I thought you said she was a baby?” Sunggyu stated as Jihyuk pulled Mina from behind him to stand next to him

            Jihyuk rolled his eyes and said, “I said she was my BABY SISTER!” Sunggyu snorted; he really couldn’t see the difference, but oh well. He simply thought there was something wrong with his friend. Sensing the awkward silence coming from the shocked members, Jihyuk began to speak again. “Hey, where’s Dongwoo and Hoya?” A handsome boy sitting with a guitar pointed at the doorway.

            “Practicing, AGAIN,” he said in exasperation, causing Jihyuk to just shrug and continue speaking like the social butterfly he was.

            “Oh well, you can meet them later. Guys, this is my sister, Song Mina.” Jihyuk’s enthusiastic introduction was met with some waves and sincere hellos. She didn’t blame the group of boys for not being excited; it was too early in the morning for this, and they were already being fussed over by hair stylists and clothes coordinators.

            Sunggyu looked at the girl with interest; he swore that he recognized her name from somewhere, but he also was sure that he had never met her before. He shrugged as Jihyuk turned to his little sister and began pointing out the members. “That’s Sunggyu hyung,” he said as he pointed at a man with small eyes and dark hair. Mina turned to look at him and bow, but immediately froze up as they met eye contact. As if to break the ice, Sunggyu sent her a reassuring smile from where he was sitting and she bowed repeatedly in embarrassment, feeling her cheeks heat up. “That’s Sungjong in the corner!” Jihyuk said, causing Mina to break the eye contact and look at Sungjong, who was smiling brightly at her. Wow, he’s really pretty, she thought as she returned the smile and bowed at him. “This handsome man is L, or Myungsoo,” Jihyuk motioned towards the boy with the guitar that spoke earlier. He sent her a friendly wave, making her almost immediately comfortable with him.

            “Hi,” Mina chuckled quietly at Myungsoo, which caused all eyes to focus on her, including the eyes of the stylist who was currently prodding at Sungjong’s hair to make it just right. It was the first thing she had spoken since she arrived in the dressing room, and quite frankly, they found her voice to be very cute. It was feminine, but not purposely coy or high pitched.

            Jihyuk cleared his throat to draw everyone’s attention back to him, so he could finish the member introductions. “That’s Sungyeol,” he pointed to a guy who was currently getting his makeup done, so Sungyeol just smiled and waved at Mina so he wouldn’t annoy the makeup artist. Mina nodded a hello before turning her attention to the next boy, who was also quite handsome. “And last, but definitely not least, is Woohyun,” Jihyuk announced as Mina and Woohyun bowed to each other

            “Pleased to meet you,” he said in a surprisingly low voice as he offered his hand to the other. Mina smiled and took his hand, shaking it lightly.

            “Same to you, Woohyun-ssi,” she stated before pulling her hand away as Jihyuk ushered her to sit on the sofa next to Myungsoo. “So, what do you even do until the event starts?” Mina asked her brother, still feeling a bit uncomfortable in a room full of strangers.

            “Uh… well, we just hang out? I’m supposed to make sure that they’re safe, so if anyone without a badge comes inside I just them out,” he said plainly before plopping down into the chair beside Sunggyu and throwing his arms around the elder’s neck. “Hyuuung, since my little sister is visiting, you should buy us all cake later,” he begged. Sunggyu sighed and patted Jihyuk’s shoulder.

            “Okay, okay, just get off me though. You’ll mess up my hair,” Sunggyu said before sticking his tongue out at the younger man. Jihyuk pouted and released his hyung, sitting obediently in the chair.

            “You play guitar?” Mina said, breaking the silence as she looked at Myungsoo. He nodded and set the guitar in his lap, showing her a few chords. “Wow, I want to learn guitar so badly,” she chuckled as she watched him play in amazement.

            “Maybe I can teach you sometime later,” Myungsoo said as he smiled down at the girl. He didn’t know why, but he already felt close to her. She was like the little sister he always wanted. Mina nodded reluctantly, not wanting to be a burden and not wanting to reveal her scars, but she had the feeling that Myungsoo wouldn’t judge her for them. She trusted him almost immediately, and the continued to chat for about half an hour as the other members got ready for the fan meet and signing.

            Suddenly, the door to the dressing room swung open and two guys carrying water bottles walked in. Myungsoo was busy telling Mina about the time a fan girl confessed her love to him, causing Mina to laugh happily. “Hey! We finished practicing, so Hoya and I brought some water bottles!” One of the men said, while walking into the room. He glanced at the girl, but didn’t say anything because he knew he would get an explanation later. Mina whipped her head around to look at the two new people in the room. She smiled at the darker skinned, sweaty boy with plump lips as he waved at her. “I’m Dongwoo, this is Hoya,” he said, before a familiar figure stepped from behind.

            “Song Mina?!” the man exclaimed, dropping the water bottles he was holding in shock.

            “L-lee Howon?”


A/N: I didn't proofread it again xD oops. Anyways, hope you like it! Please comment and subscribe c: I know this chapter was long, but it was necessary to show how she meets infinite xD <3 Thanks for reading!