Five.

60 Seconds

            Sunggyu had just finished washing his hands after relieving himself when he heard a loud noise come from nearby. “Mina?” he asked, more of to himself than to anybody. He hurriedly ran from the men’s restroom, bursting into the ladies room without caring if any other women were in there. He spotted the girl on the floor, wincing in pain as she held her wrist in an attempt to reduce the pain.

            “I-I’m okay,” she mumbled when she finally spotting Sunggyu rushing to her side. He completely ignored her statement as he took her glove-covered hand in his to inspect it. “Yah! Let go!” Mina protested while trying to pull her arm away, but Sunggyu was a man and easily overpowered her. He pulled the glove off slowly as to not hurt the already injured girl. Sunggyu gasped loudly at the sight before him.

            Mina’s wrist had multiple scars across the vein that ran down to her arm, and it appeared that they had reopened when she fell. Sunggyu felt the urge to ask why; he knew that one fall wouldn’t create that many scars, and he had an idea of what could have caused those scars. Instead of questioning her, though, he went into autopilot and grabbed a roll of toilet paper from the stalls. Although Sunggyu was no professional, he managed to crudely wrap the toilet paper around the wounds to soak up the blood and put pressure to stop the bleeding.

            “I’m sorry..” Mina felt like crying. She had ruined INFINITE’s fan signing in her mind; here she was taking up Sunggyu’s time when he had thousands of fans to attend to. Sunggyu simply shook his head before gathering the girl into his arms.

            “The fan event can wait. This is a medical emergency; I don’t want you to die,” he said while carefully but hurriedly carrying the girl outside. Mina was beginning to feel faint due to the loss of blood; the blood started to seep through the toilet paper bandage. Sunggyu noticed how her body went limp and moved faster, calling out to Jihyuk immediately.

            “Hyung, what happened?!” the body guard asked in shock, immediately forgetting about his job to run to his almost unconscious little sister.

            “Call an ambulance. She fell in the bathroom and is bleeding a lot. The fan signing can be considered over; we only had half an hour left anyways,” Sunggyu said, going into his “leader” mode. Jihyuk’s shouting caused many fans and also the INFINITE members to put their attention on the limp girl in Sunggyu’s arms. Some girls were cooing at Sunggyu and at how handsome he was when he was serious, while others were panicking at the sight of blood. In an instant, Jihyuk’s phone was out and he was talking to an emergency operator.

            “They’ll be here as soon as possible,” Jihyuk stated as the INFINITE members began to run over to the cause of the commotion. Several let out shocked gasps, and some were making worried comments, but Sunggyu was pumped with too much adrenaline to understand what they were saying.

            Before long, sirens could be heard and an ambulance was pulling up to the curb. By now, Mina was already unconscious, so Sunggyu did not have to calm her down as he laid her on the stretcher and followed it into the ambulance. Jihyuk, technically one of the girl’s legal guardians, entered the ambulance and sat next to Sunggyu. Just before the door closed, Hoya slipped inside, stating that he had a right to be there too. Sunggyu nodded silently before the ambulance sped off, his heart still pounding wildly with worry. Hoya carefully took the girl’s uninjured hand in his, rubbing it gently.

            “Please be okay,” he whispered under his breath, trying to stay calm although he wasn’t fully informed about the situation. Sunggyu grimaced at the overly cliché and cute scene in front of him; it wasn’t that he was jealous; he just wasn’t a mushy type of guy. Okay, maybe that’s a lie. Sunggyu might have wished that he was Hoya, just a little, because he felt like he had an obligation to help this girl, and he wanted to be the only one helping her when she needed it.

            The eight boys, including Jihyuk, waited outside of the hospital ward impatiently. Jihyuk was pacing back and forth; he knew about her cutting, but he never thought that she would damage a vein. Mina lost a lot of blood, and he prayed that it wouldn’t be fatal. Hoya sat on a chair with his face in his hands. He had just been reunited with her after so many years, and the thought of losing her was too much. He didn’t want to show his weakness and cry, but he was willing to do anything for this girl. Sunggyu was in a similar predicament as Hoya, but he was awkwardly rubbing the younger’s back comfortingly as he furrowed his eyebrows in worry.

            “Excuse me, is anyone here the guardian of Song Mina?” the doctor stated, coming out of the room with a clipboard. All the INFINITE members shot up from their chairs, but Jihyuk held them back.

            “I’ll talk to the doctor first, guys. I am her brother after all,” he smiled slightly, a bit happy that the boys had already taken a liking to his baby sister even though it had only been one day. The doctor shook his head slowly.

            “Don’t worry; I can tell all of you at the same time,” he stated as the INFINITE members remained standing. “She’s stable at the moment,” A loud sigh of relief resonated throughout the room, “but she is still weak and slightly dehydrated due a lack of blood. I suggest not doing any strenuous activities for a while, and you might want to keep her hospitalized for a few days so we can monitor her blood levels,” the doctor said as the boys listened intently, Jihyuk making a mental note on the doctor’s instructions.

            After the doctor finished explaining, Jihyuk thanked him and led the others into the small hospital room. It was way too cramped for eight fully-grown men, but they somehow managed to squeeze into the cramped space in order to check on Mina who was sleeping peacefully.

            Jihyuk smiled and gently touched his sister’s cheek, before glancing at his watch. “G-guys! We’ll be late; your performance is in about an hour and a half!” he said in an urgent but hushed voice. His comment was met by sad expressions, but they all knew that they had to go to the venue already.

            Jihyuk stood by the doorway, waiting for each member to say goodbye to his sister before they left in the company’s van. The members approached the sleeping figure one at a time; Sungjong went first and placed a lemon candy on the side table before murmuring something about eating it later to gain energy, then Dongwoo chuckled and told Mina to get better so she could watch them perform sometime.

            Myungsoo looked down at her hand before saying rather loudly, “You have to get better soon so I can teach you guitar.” He smiled and walked towards the doorway before Sungyeol took his spot, bowing slightly and jokingly thanking the girl for being his number one fan. Woohyun awkwardly stepped towards the bed, bowing slightly. He still wasn’t very comfortable with her, but he could tell that she was a sweet girl and he didn’t want her harmed.

            Hoya brushed a strand of hair away from Mina’s face before leaning down to press his lips lightly against her forehead. “Sleep well, princess,” he murmured with a smile before walking to Jihyuk. Sunggyu stood there frozen; he had completely forgotten that he had to say his goodbye also.

            “I’m sorry I didn’t catch you,” he whispered as he fixed the bed sheets, making sure that she was fully covered by the blanket, as it was a cold day. He looked at her hand for a moment, as if deciding whether he should take her hand or not. He bit his lip and decided against it before turning to walk away to the rest of the members. Little did he know that Mina had woken up directly after Hoya’s kiss, and saw Sunggyu’s caring attitude that only came out at uncommon times. Mina smiled slightly as she watched the eight figures leave the room before going back to sleep.


A/N: I think this one is a bit shorter D: and sorry for like.. my week/2week absence xD I totally forgot I didn't upload this chapter. It's more of a filler because I realized that I had already developed a backstory for how Hoya and Mina got close, but not for Sunggyu D: (who is obviously also a main xD)

Oh and all of you guys said she should end up with Hoya xD! What's your response now that you've read this chapter- Did you change your mind?