Four.

60 Seconds

            “Ugh, why is it so cold?” Sunggyu said as he blew on his gloveless hands. It was winter, so why didn’t anyone figure that it would be cold? All of the INFINITE members were shivering in their tight shirts and white pants, but beauty comes at a price, right? There were still thousands of people left to greet, and several hours left until the boys had to prepare for their next schedule. Poor Mina was trying to melt the practically frozen water bottles with her glove-covered hands.

            “Oppa, should I go get them scarves or something?” Mina asked her brother who was currently standing behind INFINITE’s table to make sure that no fan got out of hand when greeting the members. Jihyuk shook his head sadly.

            “No, they have to maintain their image, and they’re wearing the same outfits to the live performance later,” he said as he smiled and helped the next fan up to the table of INFINITE members. He glanced at his sister, who was still cold although she had bundled up well. “But you can go ask them if they need anything,” he said, believing that his sister should keep moving around as to not freeze into a solid ice statue. Mina smiled at her brother and nodded, before moving to the end of the table. She had decided that she would help the youngest members first, as they were closer to her age and easier to interact with.

            “Sungjong-ssi~ Is there anything you need?” she asked as she skipped towards his chair. The maknae shook his head and pouted.

            “Not really, but you can just call me Sungjong. Yah, you shouldn’t work too hard! This isn’t even your job,” Sungjong said with a hint of concern in his voice. A playful grin appeared on the girl’s face and she shook her head firmly.

            “I’m just doing this because we’re friends, okay? Don’t feel bad about asking for anything,” Mina said before sending Sungjong one last smile and turning away to go to the next member.

            “Wait,” Sungjong exclaimed, causing the girl to freeze in her tracks. He pressed a small wrapped object into her palm. “It’s my favorite lemon candy. Eat it well!” Mina bowed slightly in thanks and chuckled to herself as she walked to Sungyeol, who was currently conversing with a fan. She didn’t want to bother him, so she decided to come back and ask Sungyeol later, when he was done speaking with that particular fan. She popped the lemon candy into before heading to Myungsoo. The latter saw her approaching and smiled, waving his hand at her.

            “Hey, Mina-yah! Could you put some of these inside?” Myungsoo asked, making Mina nod happily as she began to feel useful again. Myungsoo scooped a small armful of presents from his section of the table and handed it to the girl, making sure that she could carry it safely. He thanked the girl before he was forced to bring his attention back to the fan that was waiting for her album to be signed.

            Mina puffed her cheeks out and mustered her strength before beginning the trek back to the dressing room. It wasn’t really a long walk, but Mina was not exactly the tallest girl out there, so it was hard for her to see where she was going. The added weight of Myungsoo’s presents didn’t help much either, but she was too stubborn to ask for help and knew she could do it by herself if she really tried. So that’s how Mina ended up huffing and puffing inside the building, trying to open a door that she didn’t know was locked.

            “Need some help?” a manly yet melodic voice said from behind her, causing Mina to whip her head around to see the voice’s owner. The man was none other than Kim Sunggyu, leader of INFINITE.

            Slightly flustered by his sudden appearance, Mina stuttered “W-why are you here?” She continued to hold the presents in her arms, but she was starting to get tired. Mina didn’t realize” that stuffed animals and letters could be so heavy.

            “I needed to pee,” Sunggyu said bluntly before rolling his eyes. “Why, did you think I came here just to help you? I’m only trying to be friendly to Hoya’s girl,” he stated before he took more than half of the items from Mina’s arms. Sunggyu stepped in front of her and took a key from his pocket, unlocking the door while smirking. Mina blushed heavily in embarrassment; she didn’t even think that the room was locked. The elder held open the door for her with his foot, motioning for her to go inside first and put the stuff down.

            Mina hurriedly complied, scurrying into the room before putting the presents down near Myungsoo’s designated chair. Sunggyu followed behind her, placing the items in the same spot. “Thanks,” Mina said, almost out of breath. Sunggyu laughed at her; it wasn’t THAT hard to carry some stuffed animals. She really is short, he thought to himself. “Hey, you better get going,” Mina said, interrupting his thoughts. It was true; Sunggyu had been gone from his spot at the signing table for too long. Fans were most likely missing him, so it would be best to leave now.

            The leader hesitantly agreed, first walking past the girl to the hot water dispenser in the corner. “Marshmallows?” he asked while stirring hot chocolate mix into two cups of hot water. Mina mumbled a soft yes in reply, but Sunggyu didn’t mind it. He loved sweets, so he ended up putting about six marshmallows into each cup. He passed a steaming drink to the girl behind him before taking his and walking to the doorway. “Are you coming or not?” Sunggyu said, smiling slightly as he leaned on the doorframe. Mina nodded hurriedly as she held her cup with both hands and followed Sunggyu back outside to the others.

            Mina sat behind the part of the table nearest to Hoya and Dongwoo while sipping her hot chocolate. They still had about two hours to go until the fan meet ended. “Uwah, this is good…” she sighed happily as she ate one of the marshmallows floating in the brownish drink. Hoya turned around to look at her, smiling as he saw the girl’s face filled with happiness. After taking a long sip of her drink, Mina noticed Hoya staring at her. “D-do you need something, Howon-ah?” she said with a slightly embarrassed smile.

            “Ah, nothing. I just noticed you’re wearing the jacket,” Hoya stated while rubbing his cold hands together to gain warmth. Mina nodded, but her attention immediately went to Hoya’s moving hands. The tip of his nose was beginning to turn pink also; he was cold.

            Mina chuckled and silently took off her bear earmuffs before placing them on Hoya’s head. He looked up at her in surprise, but she just stuck her tongue out and said, “It’d be bad if you caught a cold. Plus, I think the fans like the cute image.” Several girls “awww”-ing at Hoya confirmed this statement. Hoya laughed and shrugged, repositioning the earmuffs slightly.

            “Thanks, I’ll wear them and give it back to you later,” he said with a smile before he was forced to turn back to the fans in front of the table. Mina smiled back and went on to the next member, who happened to be Sungyeol. He seemed to be in a bad mood; he had only received three presents total from fans while Myungsoo’s stack of presents resembled a mountain.

            “Sungyeol-ssi~” Mina said softly. The boy turned around, trying to hide his disappointment with a smile. He was about to ask the girl what she needed, but Mina spoke up first. “Don’t be sad. I’m your fan!” she said cheerfully while giving him a thumbs-up. Sungyeol laughed and rubbed the back of his neck.

            “Thanks… You could tell right? I’m not good at hiding my feelings,” he said with a shrug, “But thanks for being my new number one fan.” Sungyeol laughed and made a heart with his hands, as if he was doing fanservice. Mina wasn’t a very good actress, but for Sungyeol’s sake she pretended to be a devoted fan and did the average “oh my God, Sungyeol oppa just looked at me” speech. Sunggyu, who was sitting next to Sungyeol, watched out of the corner of his eye and burst into laughter at the terrible acting. Sungyeol was also dying of laughter, but Mina didn’t feel embarrassed at all. If it made someone feel better, then it was worth it. There were times when she wished someone would go out of their way to make her feel better; why not do what you want to be done to you?

            Mina smiled at Sungyeol before moving over slightly to check on Sunggyu. He was still trying to regain his composure after he saw Mina’s awful acting. Before she could ask him if he needed help, Sunggyu asked, “Are you really his fan? You should be my fan instead!” Although he said it jokingly, Mina actually contemplated his statement. Sunggyu seemed nice enough; it wouldn’t hurt to be his fan too.

            “I can be both of your fans,” she stated with a nod before taking a seat next to Sunggyu, in front of her brother. Sunggyu was the last member to check up on, and Mina was tired from running around so she thought she deserved at least a fifteen-minute break.

            Sunggyu chuckled and nodded; at least he could brag now that he stole one of Sungyeol’s “fans.” Mina and Jihyuk stayed silent as Sunggyu continued to greet fans, until Sunggyu stood up abruptly.

            “I need to use the restroom,” he stated to the pair of siblings. Jihyuk raised his eyebrow; Sunggyu sure had to pee a lot today. The bodyguard nodded his head reluctantly before Mina stood up with a sigh to follow Sunggyu. It wasn’t that she didn’t like Sunggyu, but she was tired and really wanted a short break.

            “Why do you need to pee so much?” she asked the singer bluntly. He was taken aback; how could a girl be so bold? Statements like that usually came off as rude, but Sunggyu seemed to find it funny.

            “I drank hot chocolate and water. Lots of water,” he said with a chuckle. Mina nodded slowly in comprehension as the duo walked down a hallway to the staff bathroom.

            Once at the restroom, the pair stopped chatting and Sunggyu said, “Hey, you should probably use the restroom too because I don’t think they’ll allow us back in here until the event ends.” Mina nodded and smiled.

            “I’ll wait for you out here when I’m finished.” Sunggyu waved in response before walking into the bathroom to take care of his business.

            Mina didn’t really have to use the bathroom, so she decided she would wet her face a bit to wake up. She stepped into the restroom, completely oblivious to the “Caution: Floor Wet” sign. She hurriedly walked towards the sink, not wanting to make Sunggyu wait long.

            Suddenly, Mina felt the floor slip from beneath her as she fell roughly onto the ground. A loud scream was ripped from , her arms out to attempt to catch her fall.


A/N: Hi guys c: sorry this chapter is a bit later than I thought.. I was busy xD I made more stuff happen though so yay <3 I hope you enjoyed! Now.. because not a lot of people subscribed or commented.. I want to see what you guys think about the story c: Question of the chapter: WHo should Mina like/end up with?