Chapter 6

''The Others''
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Seungri POV]

*Ding!* I stepped out of the lift once it reached the floor of my dorm room. First door to the right. 84...85...86...87...88. As I stood in front of the door, I raised my right hand and knocked on the wooden door a few times, indicating my arrival, despite knowing that my new dorm mate is in class at this moment.

"He should be in class."

I turned around and saw a tall, well-built guy with the brightest smile. He had a good friendly vibe to him. Unlike his stupid dorm mate. 

"Hi! Sunbae-nim. My name is Seunghyun. Lee Seunghyun. But you can call me Ri or VI. Nice to meet you." I introduced myself for the 3rd time today as I gave my usual 90 degrees bow. It did sounded rehearsed and insincere. But if people wanted to judge him based on that fact alone, then they are not worth being friends with. 

"Nice to meet you Seungri. I have heard about you and came to check up on you." He said. I probably had a quizzedly look on my face.

"Elder Gummy noona told me to check up on you when I passed by the main office on my way to the gents." He explained.

"Do all student beings normally check up on newbies?" I asked. He started scratching a non-existent itch at the back of his neck before he grinned sheepishly, "Actually, I kind of owe her a favor. But I do want to help you! I know that Jiyong hyung is supposed to be your student guide. But knowing his personality......err.....I think you probably had a gist of it by now....since Elder Gummy assigned me this task....covertly of course....." He said almost pleadingly.

I couldn't help but smiled at the subtle cheap shots that this senior of mine (I assumed his older than me) directed at my wonderful dorm mate. He is alright in my books. "I am fine. Even without his help, I think I will manage on my own." I assured him as I scanned my new matric card to let myself in. I pulled along my luggage and invited Daesung hyung into my new dorm. But I felt a little silly because I am new to that room itself and he probably been in that dorm room many times in the past since he is dorm mates with that head.

I threw my backpack on the bottom bunk bed, only to have Daesung hyung quickly pick it up again and informed that it belongs to my of a room mate. So I am forced to sleep on the top bunk bed instead. He helped me pushed aside some of Jiyong's clothing in the wardrobe to make space for me to hang some of my coats and togas. Jiyong 'Hyung'. Daesung hyung had to remind me a couple of times. It was comfortable with him. He has a sense of humor and a good personality. How I wished I was his room mate instead of that . Yes. Kwon Jiyong will always be addressed as . At least in my head. No one else has to find out. It will be my very own secret inside joke. 

I explored the drawers to put my t-shirts, only to see all 4 drawers occupied with that s's stuff. Daesung advised me to get permission for that before I removed any of his stuff elsewhere. I decided to take his advice as he really looked concerned. I closed up my luggage and returned it in a corner. I will talk to that first before I unpacked any further.

I climbed up to the top bunk end and gestured to Daesung hyung to join me. He shared all there is to know about 'The Universe' and its culture, social hierarchy such cafeteria seating arrangements and the different cliques. All useful tips that I deemed necessary in order to survive since I ended up skipping a whole year as a result of me excelling well in my entrance exam and practical tests. As well as because I didn't go through my freshman year, in order to make lifelong friends. Especially being the maknae of the sophomore class. But that is one fact that I will try not to disclose to anyone if necessary. God knows that the life of a maknae is not all great. I shuddered at that very thought.

"So you like to draw? Show me some of your work!" Daesung hyung exclaimed. I hesitate and told him that I have never shown anyone my sketches. He pleaded a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter