Chapter 1

''The Others''
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Dorm]

JIYONG!

JIYONG!

JIYONG!

KWON JIYONG! GET YOUR SCRAWNY LAZY DOWN HERE RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE!

I lifted my head and peeked at the source of that screaming. The Elder Hwang is screaming his head off because I was probably late for lessons. Again.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

Jiyong hyung! Jiyong hyung! *whispered* The Elder is really mad this time! *whispered*

I dragged my tired body to open the door because I knew who was the source of that hurried whispering. Daesung aka Dae. My dongsaeng. Younger than me by 1 human year. No blood relation though. Just a good kid I go to school with. Oh yes. Let me introduce myself. Kwon Jiyong's the name. I am a 'being'. Much like what humans refer to a Greek god or angel or deity. Something of that nature.

"I will be down in 5 mins" I told Dae nonchalantly as I slammed the door in his face before he could utter another word. I brushed my teeth while picking my choice of attire. Toga vs Toga.  No prize for guessing what I picked.

 

[Dorm Lobby]

I made my way down the spiral staircase after styling my hair to my liking. A being have got to look his best at all time.  I joined my other classmates at the lobby and a very annoyed Elder Hwang, who gave me a dirty look for my 'grand entrance'. I felt a nudge at my left rib and turned to see my bff, Dong Yongbae, smirking right back at me. Yongbae is the same age as me. Or at least, we existed around the same time. I have no idea what is my exact age or where I came from. POOF! I just existed. All beings just existed.  But we do exist for a reason. What is that reason you may ask me?  Again, I have no idea.  Hence, all beings are required to attend school to figure it all out. To find out why we exist. To figure out the sole reason for our very existence. I ignored Yongbae and turned my attention back to the Elder Hwang.

"...after the morning address by the Headmaster, you are to scan your matriculation card for attendance taking before entering your respective classes. Here, pass down these new matric cards.  And for God's sake, TRY NOT to lose your matric card on your first day of school! If not, SPECIAL GYM CLEANING DUTY FOR A WEEK!

Groans could be heard all around me.  Special gym cleaning duty. It is not as per mentioned. The school gym is hardly used except for Yongbae.  He practically lived there. What is so 'special' about the cleaning duty is that the gym equipment had to be 'dirty' in the first place before it warranted to be clean up.  Since hardly any students use the gym (except Yongbae), students that were punished, had to go through Elder Hwang's exercise regimen BEFORE they are made to clean and wipe down the sweats off the gym equipments and grime in the gym toilet. THAT'S the 'special gym cleaning duty'.

The school bus stopped in front of the dorm entrance and all the student beings boarded.  All 99 of us.  Yes.  (Magic school bus anyone?)

 

[School bus]

"Rough morning? Yongbae asked as he sat down beside me. "I told you so". He shooked his head.

"Zip it Yongbae. My head is killing me." I quipped.

"You really should stop partying with the senior beings.  Seunghyun hyung, Jesus hyung and Dionysus hyung can handle their red wine. But you at drinking. Heck! Even I can hold my liquor better than you," Yongbae said proudly.

I put on my Beats earbuds and switched on my ipod touch to full blast in order to drown out Yongbae's incessant nagging. Our school (university actually but whose keeping track right?) is aptly called the 'The Universe'.  The journey to school is actually an overkill.  The truth is the student beings dormitory and the main school buildings are within the same school ground, with a large school field that separates the two buildings.

The bus arrived in school in less than five minutes later.  All of the 99 student beings alighted in single file before heading to the school assembly hall for the Headmaster Yang's opening address for the new school term.  An hour later, the student were released for an early lunch break before homeroom starts.

 

[School Cafeteria]

After picking up our lunch tray, Yongbae and I walked to our usual table and was quickly joined by Seunghyun hyung who w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter