P.1

Exobend (hiatus until 2016 June)

The war was finally over! The nations were all celebrating the peaceful times ahead, and the same was true for the people who had been in the front lines for this end. Aang and his friends had all assembled at Uncle Iroh's place in Ba Sing Se. They were all relaxing, listening to Uncle Iroh play the tsungi horn, a very peaceful tune compared to the sad one he usually played during his times on ship with the banished prince, Zuko

Sokka was sitting at the table, when suddenly he exclaimed with exasperation, "Zuko stop moving! I am trying to capture the moment. I wanted to do a painting so we always remember the good times together."

Katara smiled as she moved closer to her brother, who was engrossed in his painting, "That's very thoughtful of you Sokka....WAIT! why did you give me Momo's ears?"

"Those are your hair loopies", he answered.

"At least you don't look like a porcupine. My hair is not that spiky!", Zuko complained.

"I look like a man!" Mei added.

"Why did you paint me fire bending?" Suki asked with unbelief.

"I thought it looked more exciting that way." Sokka tried to explain his amazing painting vision.

Momo climbed the table and said something in his Momo way.

"Oh you think you can do a better job Momo?" Sokka asked faking annoyance.

Aang looked at his friends, all enjoying themselves finally. It filled his heart with warmth to see them get along so well, like a family. 3 fire nation, 2 water nation, 2 earth nation people, in the same room, enjoying themselves. This harmony had been what had driven him, even through the hardest of the times, when he wished that he wasn't the avatar so that he wouldn't have to deal with the burden of the whole world. He had learned in his journey that alone, no one could achieve success, but together they could be stronger. And thankfully, he had such amazing friends.

....If only the same could be true for the rest of the world too. The war was over but was the distrust gone? Had the hatred disappeared?

Not wanting to burden his mind with such thoughts when the war had just ended, Aang went outside to calm down. he focused on the good natured bickering that was continuing on inside the room, letting his friends' happiness lift him up as well.

"Hey! My belly is not that big anymore. I really trimmed down." Aang heard Uncle Iroh say to Sokka, as he patted Appa's nose.

"Well, I think you all look perfect!" Toph exclaimed. Aang smiled to the sound of his friends' laughter.

War is never good, it is never easy. And even if its 'over' it doesn't leave the person who fought it. But maybe with his friends around, Aang could get rid of the heaviness in his chest.

It was worth it, Aang thought as he looked to the beautiful sunset, the peaceful nation, stretched out in front of him, listening to the music of celebration and mirth.

Aang was admiring the sunset when Katara came out behind him. She looked at him with eyes full of love and understanding. Just looking into the calm blue eyes of his love made Aang feel so much better. He forgot everything as he drowned in those eyes the colour of clear water.

Katara pulled Aang into a hug, and kissed him. They melted into each other's touch. They had wanted this for so long.

They smiled into the kiss, as Katara pulled away and stared into Aang's eyes, with her cheeks tinted with a pretty pink. She held his hand and they looked at the sunset, enjoying their short lived silence before Sokka interrupted them. With a boisterous laugh he pulled them with him to go celebrate with the rest.....

--X--

Later after the big banquet thrown by the Earth King, Aang and Katara went out for a stroll. It was late but people were still awake. They were dancing and playing in the streets. Everyone, who saw them came to thank and congratulate the two. Katara looked on with pride when people admired Aang, the avatar. Gone was the little kid she had discovered frozen in the ball of ice, with Sokka, instead there was the Avatar who had matured, and grown so much to be the harbinger of peace....the Avatar who fulfilled his purpose. She closely watched his face, his eyes and his smile, everytime he was praised. So it was no surprise that she also saw that dark shadow lurk behind his eyes after every encounter.

Katara didn't know what to make of it, but she decided that it would be a good idea to wait until later to ask him about it. They walked to the stables where Appa was. Aang patted his friend's nose, just the way he liked it. Momo circled over their heads, playing with Appa, making Aang and Katara laugh.

"Aang..." Katara began, "Is there something on your mind? Everyone is celebrating but you seem...kinds out of it? Is something worrying you?"

Aang looked at her surprised, though he should have expected that, specially after all this time and what with her ability to understand people's emotions. He was really thankful to have her in his life. He couldn't have wished for anyone better to have found him in the ice.

"Nothing, its just that the war is finally over....and i guess it is just too surreal. I can't help but shake this feeling off that I don't deserve all these praises. There is something in the back of my mind that keeps nagging at me, telling me that i haven't finished my task. There is something I need to do still."

Katara's expression softened as she pulled Aang into a hug and whispered to him.

"I understand Aang." she said while caressing his back, "It is hard to change your mind set so easily. War does that to you, it puts you on edge. Plus you have sacrificed so much. But believe me when I tell you this, you deserve any and all the praises. You are the one who brought peace to this world and these people love you for that. Don't think any lowly of yourself. And always remember," she added, " If there is something that you need to do then we are here with you. Just like always!"

Aang wiped a stray tear from his eyes before kissing his love. "Thank you!"


Please read! 

Like I said that this is post war times. You guys might be wondering why Exo isn't here. These will be prologue chapters (Hence the title P.#). Please bear with me until I reach the actual start of the story. I don't want to dive in without setting a base. Additonally, I started this story with the final episode of the main series to give a time setting and allow a flow. This story is connected to the actual series after all.

Another thing I will like to add is that I like putting author notes in my stories. I know that a lot of you don't like reading them and i won't expect you to. But sometimes I need to add something in here to support the story line or explain something that happened above. So this will be my system from now on. Anything in red font colour will be something that you should read. Anything else will be not take away from the story, though it could be important to me.

like i said before, i really really hope you guys comment and give feedback. i'll be damned if i taint the airbender series with subpar work.

ask me if you don't understand something from the story...i don't bite...usually :D

linked video doesn't belong to me.

Other fics: Bad KidsKrave cereal (and you)karaoke trash, Snow whiteWhy

Awesome people: Tina08PeasentOTP

​i hope this helped you understand the system?