4. First time

Call Me Oppa

Come one let's try this for once. After this, let's see if hyung gets weirded out.

You mouthed oppa again. It was the first time you uttered it for him.

Oppa. You said it but you doubt if he heard it. It was said in a manner so light, as if it was not real, as if the sound was made inside your head, only in your head.

"What was that?" Xiumin asked. 

"Hmm?" 

"You said something. Did you call me oppa?" Xiumin said. 

"In your dreams." . I was so sure I said it just in my head. .

"I'm sure I heard something, close. Getting comfy are we?" he motioned at your position. He moved and so you turned. I hope nothing weird springs from this. Oh Lord. 

"Not really." Slashing last night, it was the first time he held you like this and you revel on the reality of it all. Last night was dreamy, today you are sure. The warmth of his arms around you, his smell, his sturdy chest, all of it was real, comforting even. So this is how it feels to be held by the person you like. I could stay here a while more. Just a while mo...

A couple of knocks on the door and a rattle of keys. Kai. You sat up with all the cells in your body jumping, accidentally knocking Xiumin on the chin and hurting your head at the same time. 

You mouthed a mute "aawwww" while rubbing the top of your head, face crumpled like a piece of paper set for the trash can . You could feel the blood rush where it hurt, your face heat up as a reaction to the pain. His chin was steel you thought

From the periphery, you see him massaging his jawline. You adore his face a millisecond more before it occured that you hit him and well, of course it would hurt. "Sorry hyung." you whispered attending to his chin which, you are almost sure, is going to bruise. Well, I'm one hard-headed brat. 

"Does it hurt?" 

"I feel like Luhan punched me." he said cringing as your cold fingers brushed his chin but smiling at the same time. 

"You're overreacting, hyung." you said examining his jawline. It was the first time you held his face this close. His skin almost smooth as porcelain. His breath a slight smell of his toothpaste. "I'll get ice." But before you could do so, you froze. Kai poked his head into the door just as you and Xiumin turned your flushed faces towards him, queasy smiles on your lips. Your left hand on his chin while the other rested on his chest. Realizing how awkward your positions were, you stood up, moved to the far end of the sofa pretending to fix the throw-pillow, the one you held on to last night, Last night, you glanced at Xiumin, now sitting properly at his side of the sofa.You proceeded to get that ice from the fridge.

"I heard you fussing. Did I interupt anything?" Kai said playfully, pausing to probe his hyung before sitting on the platform to loosen his laces. 

"Yep." "Nope." The two of you answered. You froze. Now what does he mean by that? 

"She adores me. She called me oppa. Ha!" Xiumin winked at you. He knew how Kai loves teasing you about things wether it involves him or not, and fancies the way you respond. This time, you can't read if hes just messing or that one meant something else. You glared at him but he just stuck out his tongue. "Very mature hyung" you said handing him ice for his chin. 

How could he do that? Change face like nothing happened. He was sweet and serious and then he was joking? And did he really hear it? or is he just playing. It all gets mixed up in your head. 

A muted chuckle reverberated from the other manchild standing behind the door.

"Ugh!" Frustrated, you're already imagining the amount of teasing you'll receive from your rommie once Xiumin-hyung has gone, and the latter's teasing is not helping either.  How long will this heaven-hell last? It's just the first day.