3. A good kind of weird

Call Me Oppa

Kai? Where did that come from? You struggled in your head for moments when Xiumin could have though something was up with you and your roommate. 

Yes it may have seemed weird that a boy and a girl share a house but he has never mentioned it before. And as far as you know, the boys were cool with it. And Xiumin? He's been around you and Kai since forever so he should know better, right? 

Xiumin let out a cough. 

"No. It's not Kai. What made you think that?" You pulled your head down to avoid those probing eyes.

"What is it then?"

You were caught and your tongue went down your throat. How could you tell this guy that you're going crazy over your head because of him? 

"Is it about last night?" he finaly broke it. Your head shot up with wide-eyes and flushed cheeks. 

God was I so transparent? 

You gulped the tension between you and Xiumin. Looking down, you fidgeted, a mannerism you have when you're in an awkward or nerve-wracking situation. Knowing you all too well, Xiumin held your trembling hands. His were sweaty as well and you thought he's as nervous as you are.

You nodded without raising your head. 

"Silly," he chuckled. "You probably didn't think I was serious."

Huh? You looked up, finally to see a Xiumin with sparkling eyes and plump lips curved into a slight smile.

"Come here," he said, tightening his grip on your trembling hand. He led you to the sofa where you slept last night. 

He propped himself on the sofa and tapped the empty space beside him. You sat, a little on the far end.

"Yah, Hana." he said "What am I? Are you scared? You're scooting away from me." He said in a half smile.

Why in the world are you doing this Kim Minseok? You just looked at him in annoyance, a curious furrow appears on your forehead. 

Minseok pulled you over and your body fell over him. At that instant, you were lying in the same manner you were lying together on the sofa last night. Your face was away from him but you could almost feel his heartbeat and see the wonder that lined his face.

"You were bothered by this but you do not say a thing? Tough cookie. If you're bothered by anything, and by anything I mean anything, you tell me. What am I your hyung for?  EXO calls me hyung and they share things. They know me and I know them. And I want you to know me too, given that you call me hyung most of the time, you silly girl. We've known each other and we're close and all but I think you're not as open to me as you are with Kai. If anything goes on between you two..." he paused for a while and sighed. "Should I kick his ?" he asked. 

This is going the wrong track. Hell. 

"No. I should kick your . Stop it with this Kai talk. This is not about Kai. And I'm not silly. You are the silly one." you said, not breaking away but still not facing him. 

"Kai has nothing to do with any of this." He said more in affirmation and you could only nod. You feel his arms pulling you closer, much closer that you felt this warm breath on your scalp. He gently ruffled your hair with his nose. There was an unending silence and only your breathing and heartbeats filled the room.

"I was serious when I asked you to stay like this last night." he started. 

"It was weird. I felt weird with you last night." you said. 

"I know. And that's fine." He loosens his arms in an attempt to let go of you. 

But you hold on to him, letting the last thread of resistance break. "Let's be weird until we're comfortable.Let's stay like this a while more." you said as you snuggled closer, a small smile breaking from your lips. An inaudible "oppa".