Our maknae - Chapter 7

Our maknae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"We don't need a sick member in the team right now, Kyuhyun."

Kyuhyun sat on his bed as he stared at the wall in front of him. A few hours had passed, yet there he was still haunted by the voice of the person he respected the most.

“Am I really that bad?”

Kyuhyun ran a hand through his hair as his heart raced more each time.

“When you joined Super Junior… you know that the members hate you right?” Another voice suddenly came out of nowhere taking over his mind. It was Eunhyuk’s. He could remember it clearly. They were filming Foresight when Eunhyuk said those words to him. It was for a game. But little did anyone know they still haunt him. And just like that, different voices started to invade his mind beyond his control.

“When you joined in, we had a voting. There were over 10 votes of opposition, do you know that?”

“He is a parasite who can only make TROUBLES for other members...!!!”

“BRING BACK SUPER JUNIOR 05”

“He’s just so disrespectful, he shouldn’t be a star”

“He should’ve just died in the car accident”

Kyuhyun screamed when he realized the voices in his head wouldn’t stop. “SHUT UP!” He screamed loudly as he shut his eyes and fell to his knees with his hands over his ears. “ARGHHH” he screamed yet again as the anger and fear took over him. The young man started to throw and knock things off his desk. His brand new laptop now spattered in pieces on the floor.

“Kyuhyunnie?” Someone called out from outside his room, worriedly. “Kyuhyun, what’s wrong? Are you okay?”

Kyuhyun gritted his teeth to stop himself from screaming more. He hands tightly gripping on the phone he almost threw. “I’m fine!” he yelled.

“Kyuhyun, open the door.”

“No.”

“Open it before I knock it down.”

A thud sound could be heard not long after that.

“YAH! Kyuhyun-ah! Open the door right now! What happened?! ! Where’s the spare keys?!” the person began to yell as he panicked.

Kyuhyun could hear the struggle the man outside his room had before the door was finally opened by force.

“Kyuhyun-ah!” The hyung whose voice he heard told him that the members hated him just seconds ago was there. His Eunhyuk hyung was there. “Yah! What happened?!”

Kyuhyun, on the floor, crying, with his hands over his ears was definitely not a good sight for him.

“Kyuhyunnie, what’s wrong?” he asked again as he calmed down and brought the younger man onto his lap. “What happened? I’m here. I’m here, kyuhyunnie. Why are you crying? What’s wrong?”

Kyuhyun shook his head quickly. “Nothing, I’m fine,” he replied as he wiped his tears away, but unfortunately the tears never stopped falling. Do you still hate me, hyung? He asked in his head as he looked carefully at Eunhyuk’s worried face. His hyung had dark circles around his eyes. His hair was messy. His lips were pale. You must’ve had a hard time, right hyung? And instead of going to sleep, you’re here because of me. I’m nothing but a burden.

“I know you’re not fine, kyuhyun. You won’t be crying if you are.”

“You just got home, hyung?” Kyuhyun attempted to change the topic.

“I- Yes. I was just about to go to my room when I heard you threw your laptop across the room,” the older replied as he looked at broken laptop, feeling sorry for it.

“But it’s 3 in the morning..”

“I had a meeting for the tour with Peter hyung and Team One Sound right after the Mnet Open Studio recording. And then we practiced a few choreographies. I haven’t slept for like 48 hours, I feel so blur, I could crash any moment now.”

Kyuhyun bit his lower lip as he, again, tried to hold back his tears from falling. Compared to what Eunhyuk had contributed to the team, he was nothing. He took a deep breath and quickly stood up from his hyung’s lap, “then, you should really go to your room now and rest, hyung.”

“But you have not answered my questions yet.”

“I told you I’m fine.”

“Your eyes don’t tell me you are.”

“Since when are you this annoying?”

Eunhyuk made a face, “Come on, Kyuhyun. I know something’s bothering you and I won’t be able to sleep unless you tell me what that is.”

Kyuhyun paused, he knew Eunhyuk was right. The older man wouldn’t be able to rest knowing that his dongsaeng had a problem, especially when it seemed to be this serious. Kyuhyun sighed, “I- I made Leeteuk hyung angry.”

“And?”

“Nothing.”

“That’s it?”

“That’s it,” Kyuhyun lied.

“Did he tell you to crash your laptop?”

“..no.”

“You can’t lie to me, Kyuhyun. I know there’s something else too that’s bothering you,” Eunhyuk said as he stood up. “But I won’t force you to tell me now, because it’s too late. You have to sleep.”

Kyuhyun could feel the tense he had on his shoulders disappearing after that. “Thank you, hyung.”

“Just pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter