Our maknae - Chapter 6

Our maknae
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, it’s time for your-- eoh Changmin-ah?” Someone called out suddenly as he barged into Kyuhyun’s room without knocking. It was none other than Kyuhyun’s manager.

“Ah hyung! Kyuhyun’s in the bathroom,” said Changmin quickly as he sat up from Kyuhyun’s bed. “What is it, hyung? I thought you went with Ryeowook hyung to his filming.”

“I sent the other manager there for him. Is he taking a shower?” the manager asked again, referring to Kyuhyun. “We’re going to be late.”

“What?” Changmin frowned. “Where are you guys going?”

“To his next schedule,” the manager replied like it was the most obvious thing.

“Next schedule? What next schedule? I thought he isn’t going to have anything today. Leeteuk hyung said-“

“I’m done, hyung. Let’s go,” Kyuhyun suddenly came out of the shower, cutting Changmin off as he spoke. He surprisingly looked way fresher than he was before. The sleep he had disappeared from his face.  His messy black hair combed perfectly.

“but-“ Changmin began to protest.

“Changmin-ah.. I know Leeteuk hyung told you I don’t have any schedule left today. But I do. And he doesn’t know. You know what that means, right?” Kyuhyun calmly said as he approached Changmin.

“What?”

“You can’t tell him.”

“But why?”

“Because this is very important to me, Changmin-ah.. And I won’t let anyone stop me from going, not even you.”

Changmin went silent when he saw the determination in Kyuhyun’s eyes. He didn’t know what it was for Kyuhyun to be so crazy about. All he knew was that it wouldn’t be easy to change Kyuhyun’s mind.

“Alright,” he finally said with a sigh.

“Oh my god, thank you, Changmin-ah! You’ll always be my best friend,“ Kyuhyun jumped happily as he gave Changmin a hug.

“but, there’s one condition.”

“What is it?”

“I’m coming with you.”

“What?!”

 

*****

 

“So this is it? THIS is why you don’t want anyone to know?” Changmin asked with his jaw hanging in disbelief.

The manager had just left a few minutes ago after escorting them safely into the SM building. A lot of their fans were outside, touching and grabbing them as they walked to the main entrance from their van.

“Kyuhyun-ah….why are you keeping this a secret? This is great! We should be celebrating!” Changmin exclaimed very loudly, he just couldn’t hide the excitement.

“Shhh! Keep your voice down. You don’t want anyone to hear this conversation.”

“Oh, yes I do. I can’t believe you’ve been hiding this for 2 years. How could you?”

“I want- I didn’t- I was afraid.”

“Of what?”

“Of what they would think.”

“They? The hyungs? YOUR hyungs?!” exclaimed Changmin again.

Kyuhyun nodded.

Changmin gave him the are-you-for-real look. The guy couldn’t help it. He had just found out that his best friend was preparing for something big. Something he had always wanted since he was young, since 8 years ago when he joined the company. A solo album.

“I don’t know you are this stupid. Of course they’ll be happy about this. What are you afraid of?”

“You.. never know..” Kyuhyun muttered as he played with his sleeves, his lips slightly pouting.

“Yah, look at me,” Changmin shook Kyuhyun’s shoulders. “I can guarantee you that every single one of your hyungs will be flipped when you break the news to them. Trust me.”

It took time for Kyuhyun to stare at Changmin’s eyes for his lips to curve upwards, his doe eyes showing too much happiness and excitement in just a few seconds. He looked too much like a kid who had just been given a cotton candy that Changmin suddenly felt like ruffling his hair.

“So…” Changmin began, “should we write a song together for this album then?”

 

*****

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter